Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Match Thread** Monday Dec 7th @ 20.30 in Columbas - Pat FC V Boardeaux

Options
  • 06-12-2009 9:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Keeper -

Clayton -

Defenders -

Cathal - In
    Dan -
    Ed - In
    Geoff - Yes
    Graham - Yes
    Mick - In
    Michael - Out
    Keith -
    Andy - Injured

Midfielders -

Alan - Yes
    Collie - Yes
    Conor - Yes
    Dave - In
    Gav - Yes
    Martin - In
    Kenny - Yes

Strikers -

Art - Yes
    Gary - Out
    Jules - In
    Ciaran -

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

out this week I'm afrraid. I've picked up a chest infection so unless it shifts in record time I'm probably out next week as well.

Good luck tomorrow lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Keeper -

Clayton -

Defenders -

Cathal -
    Dan -
    Ed -
    Geoff -
    Graham -
    Mick -
    Michael -
    Keith -
    Andy -

Midfielders -

Alan -
    Collie -
    Conor -
    Dave -
    Gav -
    Martin -
    Kenny -

Strikers -

Art -
    Gary -
    Jules - Yes
    Ciaran -

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

in. massive game. 3 points is a must. if we win this, puts us back in the running.

we need a super effort here and owe them one for earlier in the season. need to be tuned in from the off this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

I'm in. I'll miss next week though which is ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'm still injured, should be back for next week.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Most likely am in for this, may have something in college which could delay me/make me miss it but will drop Des a txt if that happens.

Keeper -

Clayton -

Defenders -

Cathal - In
    Dan - injured
    Ed - In
    Geoff - Yes
    Graham - Yes
    Mick - In
    Michael - Out
    Keith - Probably
    Andy - Injured

Midfielders -

Alan - Yes
    Collie - Yes
    Conor - Yes
    Dave - In
    Gav - Yes
    Martin - In
    Kenny - Yes

Strikers -

Art - Yes
    Gary - Out
    Jules - In
    Ciaran - In

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

3-2 win.

Fantastic performance tonight lads in closing out a tough match against a very strong team in a 6 point match.

We took our chances well and I guess we had more chances to add to our tally than they did to theirs and to be honest we should have closed the match out before we went into a phase of being on back foot, half because they were coming back into it, half because we were getting a bit wary. Think we did a great job of closing it out in the last 10 when we were being bombarded with about 20 incredible long throws (each and every single one of which was a foul throw by the way - back foot lifting). Like Ed said, it was like we had 5 centre-halves for a while and every one was showing a really impressive controlled level of fight -great battling without losing the head and giving away anything silly.

We reduced them to relying on that long ball throw and they got very little from it. Was kind of surprising they chose to play that way given that their strikers were both excellent on the ball and very quick.

Too many excellent performances tonight to call out any names - it was a really solid all-round team performance, though I will say big thanks to Ivan for coming along to help us out in goal, excellent performance.

smashing stuff, they are a quality side and pushed us to the end. shocking reffing for the first goal, their winger pulled micks jersey off him almost and then scored. dont know how the ref didnt see it..luckily it didnt cost us.

our best performance so far this season, had 2 chances at 3-1 to end it, missed 2 one on ones and then they got back in when we lost posession from our own throw on half way and they broke 4 on 3.

overall however, defended excellently, control midfield and created the chances up front, a real team performance and it was a battle to the end. hardest game ive been invovled in for a long time, their 2 strikers were quality players

well done everybody, massive result which takes us above them on 2nd on goal difference.

draw tomorrow in the other game please....

Fantastic performance. Few headaches selection wise for Des now when Dan is back.

• Advertisement

Yeh forgot about that for the first goal. The ref is actually a decent guy and a decent ref overall (he explained to me what he was trying to do with the advantages on fouls and put his hand up and admitted he got one wrong). That said, how on earth did he miss the blatant push, possible handball and then massive jersey tug before their first goal?

Quote of the night: after their equaliser their striker wearing the leggings was almost over my shoulder at the kick-off, nowhere near 10 yards....Ciaran just goes 'Here, Spandex, eh....' and gives him the nod to get outta there. Twas classic.

The first goal should defo have been disallowed but they'd had one disallowed a few minutes previous that was dubious. The second goal went in off me, I reached it just as he hit it, the deflection took it past Ivan. We defended excellently against 3 or 4 players with real pace.

Spandex, hehe

your man slide in though for that goal though, he was on his backside when he scored it. keith was closest to him and i think he would have got it away had your man stayed on his feet.. there were no complaints from them at all.

their 2 strikers were actually bang on, plenty of banter from them throughout the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Well done lads, great result.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Their disallowed goal, was a slide tackle the ball had gotten away from the attacker. Overall I thought we played well as a unit with Dave making some good runs up the wing and Mick playing very well. Ivan had a great game in goals so fair play to him for coming out. We really played some quality passing football withour trying to over complicate it like last week and it worked well.

No results up for tonights games but either way we need 3 points next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 mrgavo

lads was at the doc today and i got bad news...i'm out for the rest of the season. i have some mad f**ked up problem with my groin and have to get an MRI scan in january and then injections and then physio for about 8 weeks. I played through the pain for the last 4 weeks now. Playing the match is ok but i do be in a heap for 3 or 4 days afterwards. I might play the last game before xmas and i'll be at all the other games to give support

mrgavo wrote: »
    lads was at the doc today and i got bad news...i'm out for the rest of the season. i have some mad f**ked up problem with my groin and have to get an MRI scan in january and then injections and then physio for about 8 weeks. I played through the pain for the last 4 weeks now. Playing the match is ok but i do be in a heap for 3 or 4 days afterwards. I might play the last game before xmas and i'll be at all the other games to give support

****. thats bad news....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Gav, Sorry to hear this, look after yourself and hopefully you'll be back for the start of the New season. You've been in flying form this season 6 goals in 8/9 games (think you may have missed a game) is some going. No pressure but a winner next week would see you sign off in style!!!

That's crap news, we've been so lucky last year or so with you and dave rarely missing out. Get well soon!

Advertisement