Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last Irish Poker Rankings Tournament of the Year

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭doke

Well done to Wally for topping the rankings.

A big thank you to all who expressed their well wishes and support, especially Liz who kept my spirits up all week and all night, Rob (who kept me informed on Wally's stack almost minutely) and Cat. A really big thank you and well done to Iain for all his efforts with the rankings this year.

Well done to all who cashed, especially Dave Kinane who was brilliant all night.

While I could have pressed on and tried to clai the number one spot, I felt that such a result would have been something of an injustice. If the system that will be in place for next year (weighting events by buyin and field sizes) were in use this year, it would not have been close (Wally would have been well clear). If the last event had not carried double points (an idea I disagree with in principle), Wally's 5th place finish tonight would have guaranteed him the top spot even if I won the tournament. I would have been more than a little uncomfortable claiming the top spot in those circumstances. At the end of the day (or year), I feel that Wally deserved to win this more than me this year, and he is a worthy champion, and a lovely guy. So well done Wally: you deserve it mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickste

Dara that is so refreshing to hear, fair play. I have no doubt that you will easily claim this title over the forthcoming years. wd wally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭Nick V

A personal thank you to all who attended and made tonight's event so special. Have a great Xmas everyone and see you again soon.

Final Payouts:
    1 Dave Kinany €1850
    2 Daire OKearney €1670
    3 JP Woodfull €983
    4 Alan Carroll €756
    5 Francis McCormack €605
    6 John Larrigan €491
    7 Brefni Early €416
    8 Karl Nolan €340
    9 David Gleeson €242
    10 Stephen Barrett €212

Special mention has to go to Karl "The Champ" Nolan winner of this years Tournament League who satellited into the comp in a sit and go. David Gleeson who won his way to Vegas at the club also made the final along with another club regular John Larrigan, they both won their tickets in last Sundays Super-sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Wp doke, amazing turnaround given any normal player would have been broke in the set over set hand and in such a fast structure too.

Well done to the Voodoo and Ian for putting on a good tourny also, wp. Enjoyable night, good to put some faces to names, and names to faces, even if I did play like a total chump :P

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

doke wrote: »
    While I could have pressed on and tried to clai the number one spot, I felt that such a result would have been something of an injustice. If the system that will be in place for next year (weighting events by buyin and field sizes) were in use this year, it would not have been close (Wally would have been well clear). If the last event had not carried double points (an idea I disagree with in principle), Wally's 5th place finish tonight would have guaranteed him the top spot even if I won the tournament. I would have been more than a little uncomfortable claiming the top spot in those circumstances. At the end of the day (or year), I feel that Wally deserved to win this more than me this year, and he is a worthy champion, and a lovely guy. So well done Wally: you deserve it mate.

Quality player & quality person.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭j10spades

wp Dave! stake me 1 time! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Well played Dara and congrats to Wally, a very enjoyable evening.

JP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭westlife

Cograts to Steve (Dave) for taking this down..... And congrats to Wally and Dara for topping the rankings.......FISH!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

Wp Dave, i'm sure ya could afford a taxi home after that...

Have to say it was a very enjoyable evening but the structure of the event was horrible for a 200 buy-in. 1st time in voodoo and very nice spot, good dealers and nice mince pies!! Hope to be back soon

Edit: Also best tea i've had in any card room in Ireland!!

westlife wrote: »
    Cograts to Steve (Dave) for taking this down..... And congrats to Wally and Dara for topping the rankings.......FISH!:D

Cheers Phil. Thanks for keeping my spirits up. When I got set over setted first hand and was sitting there glumly thinking how anti-climactic it was going to be to be the first player out, I suddenly thought "Wait, Phil Baker's playing this too. Any minute now...." And sure enough a few minutes later I heard "Player gone" and saw you doing the walk of shame :D

Sincerest apologies to Lorraine for bubbling her. While it gives me immense pleasure to knock her lesser half out, I really hated having to make the call against Lorraine.

• Advertisement

Cheers Phil. Thanks for keeping my spirits up. When I got set over setted first hand and was sitting there glumly thinking how anti-climactic it was going to be to be the first player out, I suddenly thought "Wait, Phil Baker's playing this too. Any minute now...." And sure enough a few minutes later I heard "Player gone" and saw you doing the walk of shame :D

Sincerest apologies to Lorraine for bubbling her. While it gives me immense pleasure to knock her lesser half out, I really hated having to make the call against Lorraine.

is it just me or does this sound rude! she was gutted getting knocked out at that stage, standard call, your still the luckiest fish i know, merry crimbo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭SpencerJames

is it just me or does this sound rude! she was gutted getting knocked out at that stage, standard call, your still the luckiest fish i know, merry crimbo!

id bubble her anyday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

id bubble her anyday :D

You wouldn't be alone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AKDK

Thanks Dara a gent as always and Steve(phil). Really enjoyed my first time in the voodoo and all the staff are more than helpful. Nice deli to which will always bring me back.

Agree with Ste in saying the structure was bad for a €200 buyin but when we went to the final table i asked about repeating a level and It was done straight away... maybe should of spoke up earlier :D

Really enjoyable Game

Dave

AKDK wrote: »
    Thanks Dara a gent as always and Steve(phil). Really enjoyed my first time in the voodoo and all the staff are more than helpful. Nice deli to which will always bring me back.

Agree with Ste in saying the structure was bad for a €200 buyin but when we went to the final table i asked about repeating a level and It was done straight away... maybe should of spoke up earlier :D

Really enjoyable Game

Dave

fish :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭AKDK

Well done to Wally and Dara and thanks for the hug Wally :D:D

tm2204 wrote: »
    You wouldn't be alone :D

dont think her charity work extends that far..... ENOUGH from the horn bags please:D

dont think her charity work extends that far..... ENOUGH from the horn bags please:D

sorry Phil! you know I love you and I know you missed me last night so I was just getting the late banter in!! enjoy Christmas, at your age you may not have many left!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JP Poker

AKDK wrote: »

Really enjoyable Game

Dave

Well done Dave.

Oh right, take the high road now you've already offered your lovely better half up as a target for cheap innuendo. You're a sick man Phil what with that and the fact that you only have pictures of 6 year old boys in short pants on your Facebook :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭thenutpeddler

is a bubbling anything like a blumpkin?

is a bubbling anything like a blumpkin?

not you as well kitt:mad: :D

Oh right, take the high road now you've already offered your lovely better half up as a target for cheap innuendo. You're a sick man Phil what with that and the fact that you only have pictures of 6 year old boys in short pants on your Facebook :D

yes, but i noticed that you have gone on to that picture page 42 times:rolleyes:

and there was no offer! it was your Termanology that started this!

a blumpkin??

i lolled hard here!

Ah baker face you have only yourself to blame. BPII needs to be taken down a flight of stairs every now and again!!

yes, but i noticed that you have gone on to that picture page 42 times:rolleyes:

!

Damn that StalkerChecker app on Facebook.

Mods please, i am being threatened..... BANS!

have we gone off thread:confused:

have we gone off thread:confused:

*Baker has flash back to school days and ruins everything by running crying to headmaster*:D

yeah i'd say so, was trying to get a picture of ace jack of hearts up.. :confused::D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 donk magnet

well done to wally and darragh wp lads ..:D

Advertisement