Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fitzwilliam End of Month Tournament 26th November

• 26-11-2009 1:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭

Sorry bout delay in getting this thread up..work is manic - Big Crowd expected for this, together with the Increase in Starting stack to 10K in chips

FitzwilliamLogo.jpg

Starting Stack 10,000 chips -
    Usual blind structure with antes introduced at 150/300 level

Sit & go satellites will take place from 5.30pm.

See you there

1. Who is running the event (organisation, society etc.) Fitzwilliam Card Club,
    2. The purpose of the event (charity, commercial etc.) Commercial
    3. Date and Location of event: Fitzwilliam Card Club, Clifton Hall,Lower Fitzwilliam Street,Dublin 2,
    4. Registration and Start time of event. Thursday 26th November, 2009 8.30 p.m. sharp
    5. Any prerequisites (member of club, society etc) Member of Club, Membership free, photo id required
    6. How can tickets be purchased & is there a maximum number (in advance, at the door etc.) N/A
    7. Type of Tournament (Hold'em/Omaha etc Freezeout/Rebuy etc.) NL Holdem Freezeout
    8. Cost of entry and any subsequent rebuys/top-ups etc. €250 freezeout
    9. Cost of registration €20
    10. % of entry fee/rebuys/top-up going into Prize fund N/A
    10a. Is any money from the prize fund held back for future tournaments, if so, how much, N/A
    11. Any guarenteed prize pool. No (120 players in August with €30,000 in the prize fund)
    12. If applicable, Number of re-buys allowed and over what time frame/blind levels. N/A
    13. Starting Chips, 10,000
    14. Rebuy and Top-up chip amounts. N/A
    15. Blind levels All standard blind levels with ante introduced at 150/300 level
    16. Blind timeframes 30 minutes
    17. Places being paid and if any prizes are other than cash (free entry to other tournie, merchandice etc)
    18. Are there going to be dealers - and their level of skill- Yes/ excellent
    19. Will there be a documented list of rules Yes
    20. Is there a tournament director Yes
    21. How are disputes handled - who has final say.Tournament Director
    22. Are there any cash games offered, if so, please outline the rake for each limit offered.
    * EUR Pl Holdem 50 game is EUR 8.40 per player, per hour. 1, 2 (live 5 encouraged)
    * EUR 100 Omaha game is EUR 12 per player, per hour.

This event is part of the Fitzwilliam November Festival

Note: This event qualifies for the IRISH POKER RANKINGS as are all Fitzwilliam End of Month games,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭big_iain

Amazing turnout for this. 158 runners. €39,500 in prize pool. they got everyone in with a few alternates.

food and hospitality amazing. should be a great weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Great tourney, as always. But even the increased starting stack didn't save me... again. AK against AA on a flop of K-x-x rainbow... Damn...:(

But once again, one of the best tourneys going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

ugh i gotta learn to win races, busted out in 19/20th, 158 runners, top 15 getting paid, 13k for first i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭thenutpeddler

Gone in 8th for 1100 pretty sick.

Rob taylor 10th qq no good vs ak for huge pot
    Dermot blain 9th a7diamons vs a10 blind on blind

i reshipped a button min with a4 hearts with 10 bigs (half the average) and called by kq hearts, two kings on flop.

John Keown went in 7th.

Think benjamin button was chip leader when i left, he was snapping everyone off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭SpencerJames

looks like it was a good game. would of loved to play it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

i reshipped a button min with a4 hearts with 10 bigs (half the average) and called by kq hearts, two kings on flop.

John Keown went in 7th.

WP Tom UL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Unlucky Tom. Is that 4 top 10 finishes now in your last 4 attempts?

Was Fergus still in? He was doing ok with 3 tables left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I was sitting beside Fergus for about half the tournament - he had a good few hours of ninja shortstack poker before going on a run and building up a decent stack by the time I exited the building at 2.15am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

John Keown went in 7th.

unlucky, you did well to come back from that 7 on the river earlier on in the nite. wp though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

It would be helpful if some people could post their opinions on the 10K starting stack etc.,

What time did this finish at?

I know that the record number of 158 people could make the finishing time be a bit later than the average.

Personally I felt that it brillant, and all the staff, from the chef to the waitresses, dealers etc., did an amazing job, 158 runners to be fed and watered....

Anyway feedback would be good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭thenutpeddler

cheers,

did a little suckin out of my own.
    QQ vs dpablo's kk aipf

q ball on the river :)

wp too sick to go deep and not even get the min cash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭doke

Unlucky Tom and Rob but two more deep runs from very consistent performers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭babymaker6

Unlucky Tom. Is that 4 top 10 finishes now in your last 4 attempts?

Was Fergus still in? He was doing ok with 3 tables left.[/QUOTE]

no joy Tony finished in 17th picked up aces 3 times first level
    and managed to lose halve my stack card dead after that
    called a short stack with q high not good enough against 7 high
    and next hand called ronans button shove with a suited ace
    not good enough against his 8 2 very dissapointing exit after surviving
    for so long
    enjoyable tournament all the same
    got to mention the food, best meal ive had at a poker tournament
    fair play to the fitz great value for reg fee
    wp to all who cashed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭DPablo

smurph wrote: »
    It would be helpful if some people could post their opinions on the 10K starting stack etc.,

What time did this finish at?

I know that the record number of 158 people could make the finishing time be a bit later than the average.

Personally I felt that it brillant, and all the staff, from the chef to the waitresses, dealers etc., did an amazing job, 158 runners to be fed and watered....

Anyway feedback would be good

agreed, the increased stack size and blind levels made for a much better game imo.
    Hope this becomes the norm now.
    Busted out ~20th about 4am, so there was probably a couple hours still in it depending on deals?
    Best EOM I've seen at the Fitz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭DPablo

cheers,

did a little suckin out of my own.
    QQ vs dpablo's kk aipf

q ball on the river :)

wp too sick to go deep and not even get the min cash

fair play Tom, you've a good record in these,
    bit disapointing alright after coming back from the KKvQQ
    I went very card dead and very few spots to make a move.
    Enjoy the trip to Geordie land;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mkelli

anyone know the result of this comp,who cashed any deals etc, thanks

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

babymaker6 wrote: »
    no joy Tony finished in 17th picked up aces 3 times first level
    and managed to lose halve my stack card dead after that
    called a short stack with q high not good enough against 7 high
    and next hand called ronans button shove with a suited ace
    not good enough against his 8 2 very dissapointing exit after surviving
    for so long

enjoyable tournament all the same
    got to mention the food, best meal ive had at a poker tournament
    fair play to the fitz great value for reg fee
    wp to all who cashed

This could be good for me. I swapped 10% with Ronan when we were both short about 30 mins before I went out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭BHW

5starpool wrote: »
    This could be good for me. I swapped 10% with Ronan when we were both short about 30 mins before I went out.

he was in the last 6 when i left, for a least 2k, nice one, there was 2 shorties and he was 4th in chips

BHW wrote: »
    he was in the last 6 when i left, for a least 2k, nice one, there was 2 shorties and he was 4th in chips

He was willing to swap 15%. Damn me and my '10% will do attitude".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 165 ✭✭baz2007

ur goin to have 2 stop swapping urself short dom.anyone no what way this finished or who the other 3 were.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭accomputers.ie

Can somebody post top ten with payouts please, great tourney. Stewy and scot gray were great craic 4 the short while (consistant) I was there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭kakak1

Not having a go off the Fitz but I really don't think it's acceptable for any club/business, be allowed free publicity on this forum for a tournament / festival & then not supply the results.

There are players who played in this as a result of the free advertising on Boards, who were knocked out early & yet don't know the results...............

kakak1 wrote: »
    Not having a go off the Fitz but I really don't think it's acceptable for any club/business, be allowed free publicity on this forum for a tournament / festival & then not supply the results.

There are players who played in this as a result of the free advertising on Boards, who were knocked out early & yet don't know the results...............

I agree it would be nice if organisers all posted results, but it is not part of the rules. I will mention it to them this evening if I go in, but they may wait to post them at the end of the festival in the main thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

would you not need permission of the players? i can imagine some people not wanting their names posted online similarly to the cash game league thread before?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

Paddy Hicks shared it with two lesser mortals for close to 8 grand at 8am. He then gave the cash to his daughters as usual, went home, slept for a few hours, got into the friday scalps game as preparation for the big game tonight for which he already has a ticket. Plus,unless Stuey fights back, he has the tourney leaque in the bag.

So suck on it under all u under 75's , as the former President of the United States might say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭philcassidy

would you not need permission of the players? i can imagine some people not wanting their names posted online similarly to the cash game league thread before?

it never stopped you guys before posting results:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    get them up:)

Advertisement