Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't stand Meteor Xmas carols ad

Options
  • 16-11-2009 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

Anyone else feel like puking when they see that smug lad with the beard texting his mates?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Anyone else feel like puking when they see that smug lad with the beard texting his mates?

No but I do when I see the smug b*tch in the red hat on the other side!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

For a short clip, he does come across like some pain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

The smuggest w@nker on the tv these days, alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭hairymick

He's just a jolly busker trying to earn a few shillings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Slideshowbob

hairymick wrote: »
    He's just a jolly busker trying to earn a few shillings.

a busker with a brand new phone - and a smug 'kno it all' smirk - come on !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

Smug beard, smug conditioned hair, smug clothes, smug face, and if I saw him he'd get a very smug smack round the face...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,906 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

One of the worst ads on tv alright, expect it in every ad break for the next month or two aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Was just going to make a new thread on this aswell - seen it so many times over the last week - and he absolutely wrecks my head. It's actually putting me off buying a meteor phone now *

* hopefully meteor will see this, and then pull the advert so they can keep me wih them :P:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

What is it about phone companies with smug tossers in their ads? The Vodafone one annoys me.. What do you want for Chrimbo babe.. Grr.

Ageispolis wrote: »
    What is it about phone companies with smug tossers in their ads... The Vodafone one annoys me.. Happy Chrimbo babe.. Grr.

i kno wot u mean but

meteor man is alot more annoying i think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Hardrain

Lads, the real enemy is Luke from autoglass.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Wheelsonthebus

I absolutely hate this ad. Yer man just looks like a knob.

Everything about it is so unrealistic. (I know- it's meant to be) But when have you ever seen such cool, good looking types carol singing. Yer man looks like precisely the type of arrogant git who would look down his hairy nose and sneer at anyone partaking in such festivities. This is Ireland- the only people who carol sing in Ireland are old dears trying to raise money for the SVdP.

Then he texts all his other knob friends to come and help out. Ya like thats realistic. Could you imagine getting a text at 6 O'Clock in the evening from your friend Mr. Smugbeard? "Come and help me carol sing, these really mean people are singing in the same street as us" You'd be like- "Get a life you f*cking mong. Just go to another street" You're hardly gonna stop in the middle of cooking your spagbol to come in and help this numpty sing his little tunes. You would be thinking he was mentally deficient.

And the look on his smug face at the end- hardly looks like the type of guy out to fill the world with Christian harmony by singing Christmas carols.

The only more annoying ad on tv is that STUPID Avonmore ad that comes on after the weather. My girlfriend has to jump for the remote every time it comes on cos she knows there's gonna be a big 5 minute rant about it coming from yours truly.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I think that this ad is great. It gets a fantastic message across: Forget about Christmas spirit. Just be a c*nt and compete in games of one upmanship with complete strangers for absolutely no reason instead.

Actually, when you think about it, the beardy twat seems to be just busking, where as you generally get a choir singing on a street to raise money for charity. So that prick is actually stopping a charity from getting it's money. Hundreds of orphans are going to die from starvation and hypothermia this Christmas just so that guy can feel smug about himself. He sickens me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

humanji wrote: »
    Forget about Christmas spirit. Just be a c*nt and compete in games of one upmanship with complete strangers for absolutely no reason instead.

Eh..... that is the spirit of Christmas, isn't it? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

what i want to know is why where they singing directly across from one another, a recipe for disaster ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Wheelsonthebus

humanji wrote: »
    I think that this ad is great. It gets a fantastic message across: Forget about Christmas spirit. Just be a c*nt and compete in games of one upmanship with complete strangers for absolutely no reason instead.
    quote]

Exactly. Why would people who are giving up their spare time, volunteering, to sing Christmas carols be complete arseholes to each other? It makes no sense!

Plus what possible kudos could the choir crowd hope to get from breaking up the happy little threesome? It's not as if there's an A&R man wondering the streets looking to sign up a Christmas carol group.

Jesus when you think about it this group really is pure evil- I mean even hitler wouldn't have gone around town on Christmas eve going gangbusters on little carol singers like our own peter, paul and mary here.

Hardrain wrote: »
    Lads, the real enemy is Luke from autoglass.

Luke is sound compared to Beard-man. Luke is just doing his job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

ya meteor usually have good ads. must admit this one is already getting on me nerves. dont like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 HankScorpio

Glad to see everyone has agreed on the one word which sums up this tosser. The miniute you see the ad you think to yourself-"What a SMUG git!".

SMUG, SMUG & MORE SMUG-can't stand him!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

Yes, I hate this and have posted on the R&R page too.

Bully and intimidation - its the central tenets of the Christmas spirit of good will.

Fuc'k Meteor and F'uck Beardy Twatface.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭jonas7

Shane10 wrote: »
    ya meteor usually have good ads. must admit this one is already getting on me nerves. dont like it.
    Meteor made good ads??? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

Whadaya want for crimbo babe? Ultimate t0sser
    And that's his real voice, poor cúnt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Marianne333

Hmm I think there's a bit of jealousy going on!!

I don't know what you guys are on about but I think that 'smug guy' is absolutely hot!!!

Hmm I think there's a bit of jealousy going on!!

I don't know what you guys are on about but I think that 'smug guy' is absolutely hot!!!

why is he hot?

please explain!

He's just terribly cute and seems like a nice guy to be around!

And also, even if you think he's smug, the guy is an ACTOR!!! He gets PAID for it!!

You wouldn't wanna punch Matt Damons smug face in just because he plays the bad guy in the departed!? NO! So...

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Ajfunky

I absolutely hate this ad. Yer man just looks like a knob.

Everything about it is so unrealistic. (I know- it's meant to be) But when have you ever seen such cool, good looking types carol singing. Yer man looks like precisely the type of arrogant git who would look down his hairy nose and sneer at anyone partaking in such festivities. This is Ireland- the only people who carol sing in Ireland are old dears trying to raise money for the SVdP.

Then he texts all his other knob friends to come and help out. Ya like thats realistic. Could you imagine getting a text at 6 O'Clock in the evening from your friend Mr. Smugbeard? "Come and help me carol sing, these really mean people are singing in the same street as us" You'd be like- "Get a life you f*cking mong. Just go to another street" You're hardly gonna stop in the middle of cooking your spagbol to come in and help this numpty sing his little tunes. You would be thinking he was mentally deficient.

And the look on his smug face at the end- hardly looks like the type of guy out to fill the world with Christian harmony by singing Christmas carols.

The only more annoying ad on tv is that STUPID Avonmore ad that comes on after the weather. My girlfriend has to jump for the remote every time it comes on cos she knows there's gonna be a big 5 minute rant about it coming from yours truly.

Havent laughed at something on boards so hard in ages

He's just terribly cute and seems like a nice guy to be around!

And also, even if you think he's smug, the guy is an ACTOR!!! He gets PAID for it!!

'terribly' being the operative word ;-)

why don't you go look for him on Grafton st if u really want to be around him or ring meteor - get the the ad agency and chase him up if u like him so much!

I realise he is an actor and got paid (but thanks for the insight ;-) ) - it just strikes me that he is supposed to be an endearing character in the ad (hence help sell Phones!!) yet he has irked me and many more on this forum by the looks of previous threads

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭funsize

Roffles!

Great rant, had me in tears, thanks dude.

Well, have you looked around on this forum and noticed its all lads!!??

Maybe, just maybe, this add is finally FOR women!!! HOORAY!

We don't go around hating on all those gorgeous women on all the adds all the time just cause we're jealous of em!? That would take us all day, every day!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭funsize

Mr. Smugbeard

Hahahaha.. I'm still laughing at this.... I might just change my username to Mr. Smugbeard!

I need to get out more...

Advertisement