Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Match Thread** Monday November 16th @ 20:30 in Colombus-The Gary Breen V Boardeaux

Options
  • 15-11-2009 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭

the next 2 weeks will shape our season, 2 massive games of which this is the first. vital we dont lose, but a win is in reality what is needed. these lads are the form team and we have to keep our recent good run going. they dont seem to concede many goals so this one will be tight.

Keeper -
    Clayton -
    Daryll -

Defenders -
    Cathal -
    Dan -
    Ed - YES
    Geoff -
    Graham -
    Mick -
    Michael -
    Keith -
    Andy -

Midfielders -
    Alan -
    Collie -
    Conor -
    Dave -
    Gav -
    Martin -
    Kenny -

Strikers -

Art -
    Gary -
    Jules -
    Ciaran -
    Eddie -

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Keeper -
    Clayton -
    Daryll -

Defenders -
    Cathal -
    Dan -
    Ed - YES
    Geoff -
    Graham -
    Mick -
    Michael -
    Keith -
    Andy -

Midfielders -
    Alan -
    Collie -
    Conor -
    Dave -
    Gav -
    Martin - YES
    Kenny -

Strikers -

Art -
    Gary -
    Jules -
    Ciaran -
    Eddie -

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Keeper -
    Clayton -
    Daryll -

Defenders -
    Cathal -
    Dan -
    Ed - YES
    Geoff -
    Graham -
    Mick -
    Michael -
    Keith -
    Andy - IN

Midfielders -
    Alan -
    Collie -
    Conor -
    Dave -
    Gav -
    Martin - YES
    Kenny -

Strikers -

Art -
    Gary -
    Jules -
    Ciaran -
    Eddie -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Keeper -

Clayton - Yes

Defenders -

Cathal - Yes
    Dan - Yes
    Ed - YES
    Geoff - Yes
    Graham - Injured
    Mick - Yes
    Michael - Yes
    Keith - Yes
    Andy - IN

Midfielders -

Alan - Work
    Collie - Yes
    Conor - Yes
    Dave - Work
    Gav - Yes
    Martin - YES
    Kenny - Yes

Strikers -

Art - Yes
    Gary - Yes
    Jules - Yes
    Ciaran -

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

i would think mick and dan will be there, not sure if ciaran is flying to paris tonight or tomorrow....

very windy today, expect it to be a gale force storm up there tonight...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

I'm in, if anyone's driving through town or past a LUAS stop and has space i'd appreciate a lift.

• Advertisement

Iago wrote: »
    I'm in, if anyone's driving through town or past a LUAS stop and has space i'd appreciate a lift.

get to balally luas about 7.55 and art will be passing there??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

get to balally luas about 7.55 and art will be passing there??

Cheers, Conor just dropped me a mail and he's going to pick me up so I'll see you out there.

won 2-0. super stuff, one of our best wins in a long time, considering the atrocious conditions out there. i thought we were in big trouble at half time considering we had played with a storm and only led 1-0. their kick outs werent even reaching half way and they rarely got the ball into our half, we had all the ball, but couldnt score. superb work ethic in the 2nd half, everybody worked their boll*x off and we created a few chances too. couldnt ask for more really.

superb defensive performance overall, another clean sheet and they were limited to 1 chance. well done lads. important win.

goals from gary and art late on. a win next week and we are flying it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Yeah, great win and well deserved for the work put in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

That's what I'd call a mature performance. Very difficult conditions and yeh we could've done better with taking advantage of the wind in the first half, but we had far, far more possession and chances in the 2nd half than they had in the 1st.

We also had more chances than they did so while 4-0 wouldn't have been a fair reflection, we were full value for the 2-0 against what was a reasonably decent team that seemed to only be weak at full back so it's a great 3 points clocked up on the board.

Nice momentum going into what is an important game next week, but let's not let the mismatched number of games played distort things - we've no idea at this point who the clear contenders are so we just have to treat every team bar in the top half as serious contenders, so it's 6 pointers most weeks.

Well taken finish by Gary for the first and was glad to see somebody finally get on the end of those delicious corners that were screaming out for a finish :) - though from where I was standing it looked like Art missed it or it glanced off him and it was Collie that finished it, did Art get the last touch? Big relief to see the net ripple for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Was a crazy goal by art he pretty much lay flat on the ground to head the ball in, brave header he could have easily got an attempted clearance in the mush

art ........ to head the ball in,................. brave header........................

a collectors item that is....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

I have to say i kept us in it with all my great saves .

In all fairness it was a great result in poor Conditions, i taught Jules played very well laying the ball of to the wingers and i taught the three centre halves we had were brillant.

But again it was my one save that kept us in it at 1 - 0 feeeling the effects of it now on the shoulder.

Two Great Goals scored by us and great bravey by art to get his head down for the second could have easily got a kick in the head.

Let's keep the pressure on the teams above us now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

All Hail Clay :D.....couple of very good saves in fairness Clay and at crucial times too.

My view of the goal must've been obscured so, fair play to Art - putting the body on the line for the greater good of Boardeaux - surprised Des hasn't done a Bill Cullen on it and told us all we need to be more like that Warrior behaviour!

Advertisement