Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmany - Internet Access

Options
  • 10-11-2009 3:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me how I would access the internet from Clonmany? Is there a broadband line or remote access or what? I'm computer illiterate so nice and simple please.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,867 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You could start by checking your line for DSL (fixed line) here

You can also check what other providers are in your area by using the map here although the site seems to be temporarily down but you could try it tomorrow again.

Theres a list of the broadband enabled exchanges here

A rough guide is that you have to be within about 3km of the exchange to get fixed line broadband. There is of course wireless and satellite broadband available but it would be a bit more expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

There is Eircom Broadband in the village...........

And after another bit of searching I found this which shows that Clonmany is indeed enabled so if you are within the 3k radius you should be able to get it.

All you need do is shop around the different providers for the best deal. Eircom, Vodafone (was BTIreland), Perlico, etc etc all provide good "bundled deals" whereby you get you broadband, line rental and all land line calls for a fixed monthly amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭AMK

Thanks for the help everyone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement