Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wii connection ambassador connection thread!

Options
  • 05-11-2009 7:26pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Okay, so as some of you may or may not no, this was mentioned a while ago and it appears to be up and running. Basically you get awarded 500 points for helping someone get their Wii online. It appears all you have to do is register the persons Wii number you helped in the Wii shop channel. So maybe we can get a thead going where we swap our Wii numbers and get points for ourselves :D After registering 10 people you reach gold status which means you can download any nintendo-published NES game and after 20 people you can get any NES, SNES or N64 title free :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭gouche

I'd be up for this. the thoughts of being able to download all 1st party Nintendo titles is a pretty big incentive!
    Of course you have to help people who haven't connected before. I think you have to register within 30 days of the person first connecting.
    So, anyone with a Wii who has't used it online before fancy sharing their Wii numbers??:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

rather than starting out trying to abuse the Ambassador system, should we not at least offer to help anyone having trouble connecting their Wii to the network first and then milk the system dry *afterwards*?

*crosses fingers that by pretending to be more interested in helping wirelessly-challenged Wii users than free games, people will pick him first*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Unless anyone wants to stump up for a massive dish in my back garden, I am not getting my Wii online anytime soon. Think the cost of getting broadband to my house might just be more expensive than a NES download.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 vicky468

im in...whats your wii numbers???

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭davenewt

Hey guys, i just got my wii wi-fi'd... am I right in thinking we both get 500 points by doing this ambassador thingy? If so, whoever's interested can PM me and I'll give you my code so you can say you helped me :) ... first come first served ... assuming once I've connected I can still get the points?!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yes, AFAIK we both get 500 points. PM on the way, unless someone else PM'd first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 coolinguk

hey guys- if you haven't already connected yet, please feel free to use my code as the person who helped! PM me your number and we'll both get the points! Simples
    4805-5618-8007-5853

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 lawrie_1992

Feel free to use my wii number for the ambassidor promotion
    (remember you have to be a new online wii'er ) less than 30 days!!!

7814 7523 6647 2173
    then email your wii number to:

lawrie_1992@hotmail.com

then your ready to play online on any of your wii games and can buy a 500 point nintendo classic from the wii shop !!!!!!!!!!!

thanks
    Lawrie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 magicdan2009

I'm a Nintendo Ambassador, so I'm happy to help people get their Wii online so you get 500 free points (enough for one retro game e.g. Pacman, original Super Mario Bros and many more to choose from!)

Even if you don't need the help, you can still get the points by following the above instructions then adding my Wii number which is 8204 5356 8089 6841 (add after clicking Connection Ambassador or Helper)

Then email me YOUR Wii number to daniel.wood3@gmail.com, I'll enter it on my Wii then we'll both get the free points!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 sepd123

Hi ive had the wii shop chanel for about a year now
    anyone with a new one
    my wii number is
    0998 1200 8001 5156
    i need at least two people
    Thanks for your help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭andrewire

sepd123 wrote: »
    Hi ive had the wii shop chanel for about a year now
    anyone with a new one
    my wii number is
    0998 1200 8001 5156
    i need at least two people
    Thanks for your help

Hey there, I just added you as my connection ambassador. My Wii number is:
    7646 4309 8748 7950
    Anyone can add me! Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 sepd123

thanks andrewire :)
    is there anyone else there

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nejsplitter

Hey guys if any of you wii owners out there want to PM me your wii code found in your adress book found on the wii menu,then go right ahead and PM me your code.(You must select me as your ambassador,ie."person who has helped",in the wii shop channel.)Thank you!

MY WII NUMBER IS 3364 7254 7673 6952

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 madmarvin

Hey any of you guys still looking for 500 free points, here's my Wii number for you to use as the person that helped you:

3439-7837-5477-9610

If anyone wants some proper help to connect then I'm sure I can offer some assitance, don't forget to PM me your Wii number so I can confirm the transaction...

Tim

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Just curious, has this thread payed off for anyone else yet? I've had 2 requests, but I'm whoring it in my sig too, so who knows...

And if you've got a new Wii and want 500 free points from an EXPERIENCED ambassador, don't forget to add 3612-8908-0101-6640 as the person who helped you and PM me for a prompt turn around!

Shameless... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 madmarvin

lol that is pretty shameless!! well I joined this board just to advertise so who's the whore now?! (I do live in Belfast so I suppose I am a ligit member)

I've had 2 replies through advertising on other forums, so it's worth persisting I think

;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I can't really be bothered anymore :P

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭squareboy007

so anybody that needs a hand or just wants 500 points

please add:
    1669 9705 3975 7102

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭timbertime

Right I think i'm finally ready to enter the world of the Nintendo shop(i dicovered where to find my wii number:D). So if anyone wants to become my lovely ambassador the first person to pm has the job!!

Its gone. Thanks squareboy007

timbertime wrote: »
    Right I think i'm finally ready to enter the world of the Nintendo shop(i dicovered where to find my wii number:D). So if anyone wants to become my lovely ambassador the first person to pm has the job!!

pm'd

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jamieoliver22

Here is a great tutorial on how to connect your Wii to the Internet: us.wii.com/connect/
    Once your Wii is up and running and connected to the Internet, follow the steps below to activate the bonus Wii points for both of us:
    Enter the Wii Shop Channel
    On the Wii Shop Channel welcome page there is an icon called ‘Connection Ambassador Promotion’
    Select this icon and you will be prompted by two icons: one showing that you are the Connection Ambassador (or the Helper) and the other icon showing that you are the ‘Person Who Was Helped’
    Select the ‘Person Who Was Helped’ icon
    You will be prompted to enter the Wii Number: 5248-8782-3737-3511
    (You must do this within 30 days of accessing the Wii Shop Channel) Once both parties have registered, you will have received 500 Wii Points on your Wii Shop Channel Accounts to spend in the Wii Shop Channe
    Note: You must add my Wii number first, and then you must tell me your Wii number before we can both get the points. See below.
    To find out your Wii Number:
    Turn your Wii console on
    Go to the “Wii message board” option located on the lower right hand corner of the Wii menu screen
    Go to the “Create message” option on the lower left hand corner of the screen
    There will be a icon that says “Address book”, go to that option
    Once in the “Address book” option you should see a page with two arrow cursors on each side. Click on the left arrow cursor
    You should see page that says “This console’s Wii number” and at the bottom your Wii number.
    Can people please add me as your connection ambassador and we can both earn Wii Points - my Wii Number is: 5248-8782-3737-3511

If you want more info/help, drop me a PM. :pac:

Cheers guys,
    Jamie.

500 more points in the bag.. thats 1500 so far...not bad

if anybody needs more help, give me a pm

1669 9705 3975 7102

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jamieoliver22

Two people have added my Wii number, but have not told me what theirs is - You need to tell me before I can register you!

The two numbers in question end in 3213 and 4359 - if it is someone from here, please let me know ASAP.

My Wii number is: 5248-8782-3737-3511

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,669 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

May as well hop on the bandwagon

My Wii number is 5365 5262 9436 8236

Anybody who has connected in the last 30 days register me as your connection ambassador and then pm me your own Wii number

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

OK, I got a Wii yesterday and have just set it up there. Daft question I know but how do I find out my friend code?

OK, I got a Wii yesterday and have just set it up there. Daft question I know but how do I find out my friend code?

Not a daft question at all

It's located on the front page of the address book... To get there from the Wii menu follow these steps
    1. Go to the Wii message board (bottom right hand corner of wii menu, symbol of envelope)
    2. Go to create message from this menu (Bottom left hand corner, second icon in from the left)
    3. Three options are open in front of you, the one on your right is the address book, click on that and a page will open showing you your Wii number. It is a 16 digit code split into 4 groups of 4.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 44 fabulousdeal

hey guys I have just got my number and haven't done anything yet. My wii number is 0759 5206 8807 4383 please pm me with your numbers. cheers :D

@fabulousdeal

Sorted :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pixiee

hi, i have a new wii which i have connected to the internet about a week ago and i'm looking for somebody to get free 500 wii points :)

• Advertisement

pixiee wrote: »
    hi, i have a new wii which i have connected to the internet about a week ago and i'm looking for somebody to get free 500 wii points :)

I'll take that offer pm me your Wii number

Advertisement