Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Shop Robbery

Options
  • 27-10-2009 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭

Music Box in Navan was burgled over the weekend. If any of the Brothers are offered the following at a price that's too good to be true you know what to do ....

1 EPIPHONE LP STANDARD BLUE
    1 BOSS BD-2 BLUES DRIVER
    1 BOSS HOT FUZZ PEDAL
    1 EPIPHONE THUNDERBIRD BASS GOTHIC BLACK
    1 EPIPHONE ZACK WYLDE LES PAUL BUZZSAW
    2 MARTINI ELECTRIC GUITAR
    1 OO491425 GIBSON LP STD TRADITIONAL HS
    1 O61790477 GIBSON LES PAUL STUDIO EBONY GLOSS
    1 GIBSON LES PAUL STANDARD HONEY BURST
    1 FENDER JAZZ BASS MEXICAN S/B
    1 FENDER PRECISION USA MAPLE NECK S/B
    3 FENDER SQUIER PACK BOXED
    1 03AEPI-ESGS-EB-CH1 EPIPHONE SG SPECIAL EBONY
    1 03ASXA-EG1K-3TS SX ELECTRIC GUITAR KIT 3TSB
    1 03ASXA-SJB62K-3TS SX-JB ELECT JAZZ BASS KIT 3TSB
    1 03AEPI-EGG4-EB-CH1 EPIPHONE G400 EBONY
    1 06BZ00-B2-Iu-POS ZOOM B2 WITH 1U POINT OF SALE
    1 03AEPI-ENCP-HS-CH1 EPIPHONE LP CLASSIC PLUS HCSB
    1 03AEPI-ENG-TLCH1 EPIPHONE LP STD PLUS TRAN BLUE
    1 03AEPI-ENL1-HS-CH1 EPIPHONE LP STUDIO HER CHERRY
    1 CGS0904248 FENDER SQUIER CLASSIC VIBE STRAT 50'S OWT
    1 ICO9012714 SQ DELUXE STRAT HOT RAILS BLK
    1 COSO903022 CLASSIC VIBE STRAT 50'S 2TS
    1 ASHDOWN MAG300H
    1 ASHDOWN ALFREEBASS
    4 BOSS TU-2
    2 BOSS SD-1
    2 BOSS DS-1
    1 CGS0904989 CLASSIC VIBE TELE 50'SW VBL
    2 B415354 FENDER HOT ROD DELUXE 230V UK
    1 03AEPI-EGG1-EB-CH1 EPIPHONE SG310 EBONY
    1 03AEPI-EGG4-CH-CH1 EPIPHONE G400 CHERRY
    1 03AEPI-ENB-VS-CH1 EPIPHONE LP100 VINTAGE SUNBURST
    1 03AEPI-ENC-EB-GH1 EPIPHONE LP CUSTOM EBONY G HW
    1 03AEPI-ENCP-HS-CH1 EPIPHONE LP CLASSIC PLUS HCSB
    1 03AEPI-ENS-EB-CH1 EPIPHONE LP STD EBONY
    1 03AEPI-ENS-HSCH1 EPIPHONE LP STD PLUS HC BURST
    4 06BDUN-GCB95 DUNLOP ORIGINAL CRYBABY
    1 RT-10K
    1 MZ8220436 FENDER STD STRAT MN CAR TINT
    1 COBO903177 FENDER SQ BULLET W/TREM BLK
    1 ICO9030670 FENDER SQ DELUXE STRAT HOT RAILS OWT
    1 JT09020222 G6136TLH WHITE FALCON W/BIGSBY
    1 ICO9012202 FENDER SQ DELUXE STRAT HOT RAILS OWT
    1 ICO9012202 FENDER SQ TELECASTER CUSTOM MN BLK
    1 ICO8094747 FENDER SQ STD STRAT MN BKM
    1 COBO901004 FENDER SQ BULLET W/TREM FRD
    1 CY08110947 FENDER SQ AFFINITY TELE SPCL BTB
    1 MARSHALL MG15FX
    1 MARSHALL MG30FX
    1 9202.90.0000 IBANEZ GUITAR JEM 7V
    1 06BDUN-JH1B DUNLOP HENDRIX SIGNATURE WAH
    4 06BDUN-EW95V DUNLOP MISTER CRYBABY/VOLUME
    2 06BDUN-ZW45 DUNLOP ZAKK WYLDE CRYBABY
    1 06BDUN-105Q DUNLOP CRYBABY BASS Q
    2 06BDUN-DB-01 DUNLOP DIMEBAG WAH
    1 03AEPI-EGG4-EB-CH1 EPIPHONE G400 EBONY
    1 BOSS AW-3 DYNAMIC WAH
    1 BOSS CE-5 CHORUS ENSEMBLE
    1 BOSS CH-1 SUPER CHORUS
    1 BOSS CS-3 COMPRESSOR SUSTAIN
    1 BOSS DD-6 STEREO DIGITAL DELAY
    1 BOSS MD-2 MEGA DISTORTION
    1 BOSS MT-2 HEAVY METAL ZONE
    1 BOSS SYB-5 ENHANCED BASS SYNTHESIZER
    1 BOSS ODB-3 BASS OVERDRIVE
    1 340101 MXR M101 PHASE 90 PEDAL
    1 M135 MXR M135 SMART GATE
    1 30123 BOSS RC-20XL LOOP STATION
    1 35539 BOSS RC-2 LOOP STATION
    1 03AEPI-ET75-VS-CH1 EPIPHONE ES175 REISSUE VS
    1 PEDL10025 MARSHALL GV-2 GUV'NOR PLUS OVERDRIVE
    1 70721852 FENDER SQ MIKE DIRNT P BASS BLK
    1 340104 MXR M104 DISTORTION+PEDAL
    4 LINE 6 DL4
    1 BOSS GEB-7
    1 BOSS GE-7
    1 BOSS CEB-3
    1 LAG ROXANNE
    1 JACKSON DINKY
    1 BEHRINGER I-AXE
    1 LINE 6 VARIAX
    1 FENDER STRAT USA MAPLE NECK 57'' RE-ISSUE
    1 MARSHALL JACKHAMMER
    1 MARSHALL REFLECTOR
    1 MARSHALL REGENERATOR
    1 ZOOM B1
    1 BOSS OD-20
    1 BOSS ME-70
    1 STUDIOMASTER 900 AX1500 POWER AMP
    1 BOSS ME-50
    1 BOSS CEB-3
    1 BOSS FC-50 MIDI FOOT CONTROLLER
    1 KORG DTR-2000 RACK MOUNTABLE TUNER
    1 AMPEG SVT3-PRO BASS HEAD
    1 DUNLOP SLASH WAH
    1 BOSS DD-7
    1 BOSS AC-3
    1 BOSS PW-10
    2 SHURE BETA 58A MIC
    1 LINE 6 MICRO SPIDER
    1 WARWICK THUMB BASS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Sweet jesus, did they take everything!!! How the hell did that happen????

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Bluebirdstudios

Sorry to hear that.
    As if things weren't hard enough on the music retail front at the moment !!

-Declan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭kfoltman

Apparently someone took the boards joke from weeks ago too seriously ;( (most likely not, though)

If some of these items appeared on adverts.ie, we'd have a good candidate for the Dumbest Criminal Of The Year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

Cripes! :eek: That's awful. Will keep an ear out of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

kfoltman wrote: »
    Apparently someone took the boards joke from weeks ago too seriously ;( (most likely not, though)

If some of these items appeared on adverts.ie, we'd have a good candidate for the Dumbest Criminal Of The Year :)

That's the point of posting, to make disposing of the stuff harder - Ciaran bought a few bits and bobs from us a while ago and he seem like a nice bloke.
    A nasty blow coming up to Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Thats an enormous amount of stuff :(. Well keep our eyes open.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

It's what happens when music producers turn bad.

krd wrote: »
    It's what happens when music producers turn bad.

Judging from the list of items stolen, I'd blame the unwashed rockers!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭shayleon

bollix,that's awful!
    Hoping the guys had a good insurance.

shayleon wrote: »
    bollix,that's awful!
    Hoping the guys had a good insurance.

I don't believe in good insurance during recession.

Though, I wouldn't like to be in thieves' shoes either. The demand for music instruments is usually low, and people have no money these days, the least-effort sales "channels" like ebay/adverts/gumtree will be looked at, and a car boot sale would be a great way to get caught. Not a bright move on their part, IMHO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

The logistics behind this baffle me. That's a serious load of stock for a couple of thieves to load into a large truck or multiple vans without arousing suspicion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

I dont want to sound like a criminal, but it would be pretty easy to offload some of the stuff on adverts, mainly the pedals and cheaper stuff. It would be fairly easy, assuming they are not total idiots and throw everything up on the same day, under the same profile, and offer a €900 guitar for 250. The high end guitars would be harder to get rid of. There are lots of boss pedals on adverts, would be hard to find them there.

Im on adverts id say 5-10 times a day (very boring job!), il keep the eyes open anyway!

I feel for the owner, hope the insurance covers it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

I dont want to sound like a criminal, but it would be pretty easy to offload some of the stuff on adverts, mainly the pedals and cheaper stuff. It would be fairly easy, assuming they are not total idiots and throw everything up on the same day, under the same profile, and offer a €900 guitar for 250. The high end guitars would be harder to get rid of. There are lots of boss pedals on adverts, would be hard to find them there.

Im on adverts id say 5-10 times a day (very boring job!), il keep the eyes open anyway!

I feel for the owner, hope the insurance covers it.

It was you Frank, wasn't it ? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

PaulBrewer wrote: »
    It was you Frank, wasn't it ? ;)

:cool: Il be in clara market this sunday!

Judging from the list of items stolen, I'd blame the unwashed rockers!

Yeah. I heard they didn't touch the synths - all was left in the shop was the korgs, the rolands, the moogs etc.

It looks like a shop Gary Numan might run.

It could be sign though - to the music shop owner.

Maybe he should change the name of the shop to something like Android music - something like that.

Dress all his staff in white face makeup and warm leathertte body suits - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5QErPDNcj4

Rocker Customer enters shop.

"Hi, I'd like some Ernie ball lightweight slinky special strings please"

Assitant

"I'm sorry Sir, in this shop we only sell oscillators, filters, and some samplers...I think maybe you should leave... Go back to where you belong - 1971... Leave , this shop is about the future, not the past - Sir... I believe you belong in the past - Sir please go back to where you belong - I think I can hear 'the Sweet' calling you"

Yeah. I heard they didn't touch the synths - all was left in the shop was the korgs, the rolands, the moogs etc.
    You mean, there were any synths there in first place?

It could have been a place like Perfect Pitch...

This is getting like an Agatha Christie novel - Except Paul Brewer is Agatha Christie.

The culprit is in the room.

I blame the rockers.

I'm certainly in the clear - If there had been a few Fantoms, Korgs etc on the list then maybe suspiscion could fall on me - but there weren't - so I'm in the clear.

Whoever is behind this is obviously into loud distorted guitars. (that's a **** lot of pedals)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

:cool: Il be in clara market this sunday!

LOL!! :D

Whoever is behind this is obviously into loud distorted guitars. (that's a **** lot of pedals)
    And/or loud distorted synths. You've never recorded a synth through an amp simulator?

You mean, there were any synths there in first place?

It could have been a place like Perfect Pitch...

Actually I like perfect pitch. I used take people who wanted to buy guitars in there - and he'd give me stuff for cost price.

(You want my absolute Idea of hell? - Would be to work downstairs in Musicmaker during the summer - when all the kids, who only know three riffs, come in to do guitar battles with each other - this ain't crossroads - it's exchequer street baby )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

Time to get all the rockers into a lineout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Not like some junkie walking out with a guitar pedal/ That amount of gear is probably well out of the country by now.

A bit like all the Fingal Co. Council wheeley bins turning up outside hotels in Bucharest.

studiorat wrote: »
    Not like some junkie walking out with a guitar pedal/ That amount of gear is probably well out of the country by now.

A bit like all the Fingal Co. Council wheeley bins turning up outside hotels in Bucharest.

I doubt it. I once had to ship a lot of stuff (2 guitars, a synth, some PC, my daughter's toys etc.) from Poland to Ireland and it costed like 2000 euro. And it was the cheapest shipping method available.

For the number of guitars that were stolen in that robbery, the cost would be astronomical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Seziertisch

Yeah, it does sound like there would nearly have to have been some sort of plan. I can't imagine anyone nicking that volume of stuff without having some idea on how they were going to get rid of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Seziertisch

I doubt it. I once had to ship a lot of stuff (2 guitars, a synth, some PC, my daughter's toys etc.) from Poland to Ireland and it costed like 2000 euro. And it was the cheapest shipping method available.

For the number of guitars that were stolen in that robbery, the cost would be astronomical.

Posting stuff for private individuals is really expensive, but someone could easily get a van or a truck across to Britain on the ferry without attracting a huge amount of attention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

With all due respect they robbed a shop and filled a van with the contents. I hardly think they are too worried about paying off a lorry driver and sticking them in the back of a truck heading out of the country. I doubt they are too worried about the leglitalies of smuggling. Ya dig?

I won't name names - but there was a shop outside of Dublin, where the guy was notorious for handling "Goods"

If the stuff could be taken across the border. The paramilitaries provide an excellent distribution network.

Nordyland is weird - The various paras run discount superstores of stolen goods from their estates.

I don't particularly trust Ebay for being kosher.

Last year I nearly bought some stuff from a guy that was selling a selection of items at prices that were nearly too good to be true.

I sent him PMs and he replied back to me - after a bit of to and fro'ing, it became apparent he didn't have the equipment he was advertising. He'd just assemble a selection by copying photos etc.

I complained to Ebay and they pulled down his auctions. But two weeks later he was up again.

Though, if you check the F.B.I's website - you'll see they regularly put people in jail for fake ebay auctions. Even for crap like secondhand kettles and other crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

The speculation is gas. We have no idea about the criminal underworld. Maybe they have a wedding band :)

Or maybe they'll go 'round the estates selling it to all the X-Factor wana- bes. That's where lots of people get their Dolce& Gabana. :)

• Advertisement

madtheory wrote: »
    Maybe they have a wedding band :)
    More like a funeral band :/ Even if it's no New Orlean...

And why would a wedding band need 10+ cheapo guitars?

Advertisement