Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So what's the cheapest place to buy Windows 7 upgrade currently in Ireland?

Options
  • 25-10-2009 1:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭

Any ideas? Seems to be G2Play at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Red Fan X5

You can get 3 license Windows 7 Home Premium (family upgrade) for € 149.99. Not bad for a 3 laptop/pc family.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

If you know someone in college maybe they can score you a student discount? $29.99 or something.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

were wud u get it for 29.99 using student discount?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭ciarraioch1

Is the student offer valid in ireland?
    The irish colleges are pretty much all listed; but then it won't accept college email address...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Is the student offer valid in ireland?
    The irish colleges are pretty much all listed; but then it won't accept college email address...

Yep I'm using win 7 thanks to the offer. Accepted my UCD address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

I'm having the same problem, it won't accept my DIT email address! I've emailed digital river (the company who are overseeing this offer) and there first response didn't address the issue at all. I've sent a reply asking to fix this problem, I'll post here if I get an answer!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Whats the link for student pricing/college info of Windows 7? Im a student in ITB and would like to get the 64-bit home editon of Windows 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,099 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

Wouldnt take my DCU email address. Said theyll come back to me in 1 - 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

windows 7 ultimate retail in PC world was €500, I lol'd. In fact I wanted to drag an employee over so I could point and laugh at both of them.

Bought mine online from Overclockers for just under 200, im sure there was cheaper around but I couldnt have been arsed shopping too much. it was the cheapest out of 4/5 online computer retailers I checked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

Krieg wrote: »
    windows 7 ultimate retail in PC world was €500, I lol'd. In fact I wanted to drag an employee over so I could point and laugh at both of them.

Bought mine online from Overclockers for just under 200, im sure there was cheaper around but I couldnt have been arsed shopping too much. it was the cheapest out of 4/5 online computer retailers I checked

It's a rip off, Windows 7 Home Premium is €199 in the same store, it's £99 (only €110) in PC World up north. Ultimate is £189.95 full install retail version.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Cudders

Never realised the operating systems cost so much, i've been using a ''dodgey'' copy of Windows 7 on one of my two laptops at home since the summer and its working amazing.

I probably would have bought it only for Vista been so crappy pissed me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭desertstorm

Dave6195 wrote: »

Thats awesome, works with trinity student emails

Is there some loophole condition that ends the license after a few months or anything like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Gosh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

ieee computer society gives tonnes of free microsoft software including windows 7 if you join as a student member, and are in a college registered with them. membership costs 50 euro a year, I think. They release software before it's generally available also. The only thing not included is Office, really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭Morbert

What do they mean by "Upgrade edition" in Software4students. I am currently using Vista and want to replace it with Windows 7 64-bit. Does that qualify as an 'upgrade'? I can't seem to find any other edition.

Advertisement