Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ambrose Glass Motors in Kilternan

Options
  • 20-10-2009 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if they're still open for business? Have tried ringing them for days but nobody answers and they've no answering machine. Its the correct number for them. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

I think they have been gone for some time but am not 100%.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Bugger :mad: Had my eye on a car there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭....

I think they have been gone for some time but am not 100%.

id say they are still open
    they were definitely in business 2 weeks ago, servicing cars and selling them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Managed to get through eventually. They are out of business. Got a number for chap who took over stock so happy days! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

Its no shame that he's gone out of business.

Bought a new car off him a years back, went to get a service after the 1st year and the owner refused to believe that I had bought the car off him even though I could tell him the date of purchase, his sticker was plastered over my back window and his pre-delivery stamp was in my service manual.

His after sales left a lot to be desired, having said that I am sorry that his staff are out of a job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

'You just can't pass Ambrose Glass' - obviously a lot of people did!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

I bought a several cars from them over the years and can't complain about their aftersales service. One of the better Fiat dealers IMO. Sad to hear their gone. Ambrose has been in the Fiat network for over 40 years.

Problem is that Fiat have been making poor cars for many years. Many of their dealers don't stand a chance. The 500 is one of their better cars, but too small for mass appeal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭....

i was in threre a couple of weeks ago just to get a part.
    they all seemed very nice and professional but labour was 95 euro per hour plus vat.
    its no wonder they are gone

I see they're still listed on the Fiat site as "service only". Is it just the sales that's gone or the whole lot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭Zube

ksimpson wrote: »
    Problem is that Fiat have been making poor cars for many years. Many of their dealers don't stand a chance.

Have to disagree. The current lineup of 500, Panda and Punto are all great little cars, and the Multipla, while old, is still an original an unique design.

Many Fiat/Alfa dealers don't stand a chance because they couldn't sell ice-cream to rich kids in a heatwave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Zube wrote: »
    original an unique design
    = FUGLY!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

They had a few issues a couple of years back with FIAT wanting a shiny new showroom. They told them to F off. I imagine after they shut the Sandyford showroom and retreated to Kilternan that they eventually just gave up while they were ahead rather than went bust.

Ambrose and Lesley were good guys and knew there customers by name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Ambrose and Lesley were good guys and knew there customers by name.

Lesley was a gent; helped me out of a hole on more than one occasion. He stayed back late one night so I could nip home to confirm my chassis number so he could give me the right part, rather than fob me off with whatever was to hand like some would.
    Hope it works out OK for him and the other staff.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭bazzachazza

Always looked after my family we bought 8-9 cars off them.

I'm sure they just retired rather than try to see this slump through.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

The like to point out that I know the owner vaguely and he's one of the nicest chaps I've ever met, funny too. Dunno about the Garage though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Topelino

I Think They just gave up maybe ask their staff

Topelino wrote: »
    I Think They just gave up maybe ask their staff

I'm presuming you are one of their staff or know someone. I'm asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Koloman

I was passing there today on the bus and there seemed to be a lot of cars around the forecourt.

Is there still some sort of business going on there?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Koloman wrote: »
    I was passing there today on the bus and there seemed to be a lot of cars around the forecourt.

Is there still some sort of business going on there?
    Please resurrect the charter and don't dig up old threads - start a new one instead.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement