Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Roedale Precision

• 19-10-2009 7:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭

Anyone here ever heard of or used Roedale before? Experiences positive or negative would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭dCorbus

Hi Newbie.204

Have definitely heard of Roedale - They are based in northern Germany near Osnabruck and seem to be well-rated (but I've no first-hand experience of them myself).
    Some very nice equipment, but having checked their prices for custom work myself online (they have a fairly comprehensive website), I've decided to go another route for now.
    If you are looking for a custom rifle in that price range - maybe an AI or an Unique Alpine might be worth looking at.
    Also, as always, it's best to shop around (obviously:D!) - maybe look at South Yorkshire Shooting Supplies, Riflecraft, or Armalon (all in the UK)

OR if you want to keep your business here in Ireland, there are a few upcoming and established builders. Might be worth having a chat with one of them, before heading off to Deutschland.:D

Hope that's of some help to you for starters- The more experienced here on boards.ie will probably give you more help and advice though! Best of luck with your search.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 6.5x55

Newby 204

Word from the Wise dont go near Roedale precision.

Good Rifle's if you have a life time to wait for them and endless patience.
    It was a very unpleasant and time consuming 2 year with wait with a lot of hassle for something that was promised delivery in 5 months .

Pm me if you want to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Do not go down that particular road, it will end in tears.

Contact Dave at South Yorkshire Shooting Supplies, he's a good fella and makes a good rifle too.

Others are... Dasherman, Northern Chris, (Both website ID's, mostly the AGBBS), Steve Kershaw, Brock & Norris.

I've heard a lot of good things and no bad about the above five. I would ring SYSS, speak to Dave and see what deal ye can do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

I have a custom 308 sako Roedale, also had a tricked up howa sporter. Best group of the tricked up 22-250 howa was 0.3mm 3 shot (sporter).
    Two ways of looking at it, if you are patient and can put pressure on the chap for a while you'll get a roedale, if not ... you won't have a roedale.
    My custom rifle took half a year door to door, but I think it mostly takes much longer. Another bonus... buy one roedale and get advice for free for long time to go, reduced prices on S&B scopes and so on.
    There is good and bad, but my rifles from him shoot.
    If one wants a quick build why not try an Irish builder? Fergal White has possibly got quicker delivery times at the moment.

Either way the custom route is worth it.
    edi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭tomcat220t

John Greene ,in waterford is your man for a custom rifle ;).Crazy accurate rifles coming out of that mans shop .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Red Renard

http://www.foxfirearmsuk.com/mainpagefront.htm

Don't discount a fox off the shelf custom assembled rifle. The stiller action with 30" barrel fitted to the AI stock against, buying a new TRG from a dealer here, would make for an interesting price comparison for both firearm and cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

if i was going to build another rifle , precision rifle services .callum ferguson is the man i would be chatting to .

steve kershaw re barreled my 270 it shoots every thing i try in it into the one hole if i do my bit.

i would give john greene a shot at pricing it also .

what ever you do get it proofed and build it on a sako action .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

sorry jws if their prebuilt rifles are anything to go buy they are waaaaaaaaay out of my price range, just to throw a spanner in the works anyone here have any dealings with border barrels in scotland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭ejg

newby.204 wrote: »
    sorry jws if their prebuilt rifles are anything to go buy they are waaaaaaaaay out of my price range, just to throw a spanner in the works anyone here have any dealings with border barrels in scotland?

What kind of rifle are you looking for? caliber? hunting or target?
    What kind of action?

edi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

Remmy 700 bolt gun .308, i'm still toying with going full custom, or picking up a serviceable rifle here and having it blueprinted and rebarelled.

Pure deer rifle the only time it will see the range is for getting my zeros/clicks for ranging. Not into punching paper unless i have to.

• Advertisement
Advertisement