Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gillette Mach 3 Blades(5) for €6.99

Options
  • 13-10-2009 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭

My local EuroSpar in Charlestown, Finglas has them for one week only at this price. Guy behind the counter reckons its nationwide but I cant be sure.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

i'll be stopping there on the way home from work so......bout time i had a shave too :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

While a slight bit off-topic I would recommend switching to a safety razor for ANYONE who finds these types of blades too expensive.

I switched to one last January and can honestly say its well worth it
    - No more razor burn
    - No more ingrown hairs
    - Blades for it cost about 20c each
    - Shaving is strangely enough actually enjoyable compared to using a Gillette fusion or mach3 razor.

If your interested post in this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055448697 or just have a read its an eye opener.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Cheers for the heads up Cabaal.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Just what I needed RATM, thanks, would reccomend using this thing:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055594798

with them, Im still on the same blade I was using when we were talking about them in that thread back in June.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭Barr

Cabaal wrote: »
    While a slight bit off-topic I would recommend switching to a safety razor for ANYONE who finds these types of blades too expensive.

- No more razor burn
    - No more ingrown hairs
    - Shaving is strangely enough actually enjoyable compared to using a Gillette fusion or mach3 razor.

If your interested post in this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055448697 or just have a read its an eye opener.

Interesting , never considered one of these.

The thread has 106 pages :eek: any chance of a bit of direction where is the best value razor and blades to be had ? this is bargain alerts after all:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Barr wrote: »
    Interesting , never considered one of these.

The thread has 106 pages :eek: any chance of a bit of direction where is the best value razor and blades to be had ? this is bargain alerts after all:)

Have a look at what these starter kits contain, you'll have to spend cash
    initially on a proper razor and shaving brush but it's an investment that'll
    last years. Once you have the razor and brush all you'll need are the blades
    and a shaving cream/soap.

Check the Shaving thread, even the most recent few pages for links
    to other vendors here and in the UK. Connaughtshaving.com
    and shaving.ie are worth looking at as you may pick up the starter kit
    components cheaper.

No way I'm going back to paying nearly €5 a week on Gillette cartridge
    blades that give inferior shaves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 TheMorningLine

tenner in tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭Barr

Have a look at what these starter kits contain, you'll have to spend cash
    initially on a proper razor and shaving brush but it's an investment that'll
    last years. Once you have the razor and brush all you'll need are the blades
    and a shaving cream/soap.

Check the Shaving thread, even the most recent few pages for links
    to other vendors here and in the UK. Connaughtshaving.com
    and shaving.ie are worth looking at as you may pick up the starter kit
    components cheaper.

No way I'm going back to paying nearly €5 a week on Gillette cartridge
    blades that give inferior shaves.

Are they ok to use with shaving gel or does it matter that much ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

You need everything in the starter kit ;)
    Shaving gel/foam in a can is useless compared to proper shaving cream/soap and if you're using a safety razor you need a proper lather to cushion the razor.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭eirmail

Just got 5 of these Mach 3 blades for 6.99 in barrow st beside the google building , good deal. Thanks OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Cabaal wrote: »

- No more razor burn
    - No more ingrown hairs

these look great but maybe not for me
    considering it takes me about a minute
    to shave and its usually a rushed job
    my face would be a right mess apart
    from the weekend where id be able
    to take me time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

The thread has 106 pages :eek:

Yip, 106 pages of chat between the real men of boards.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

mailburner wrote: »
    these look great but maybe not for me
    considering it takes me about a minute
    to shave and its usually a rushed job
    my face would be a right mess apart
    from the weekend where id be able
    to take me time

I used to just shave in the shower now I do a two pass shave each morning thats far closer then anything I used to get before. thing is it does take 10min but no way I'd go back none the less :)

Gel or foam in a can isn't ideal but you can pickup shaving cream in jars, tubes, sticks or even shaving sticks for very little and they'll last ages to be honest.

Your basic stuff that you want is
    - Blades (best to first buy a selection as a blade that is good for me may not be for you so best to try them out) You can buy starter packs that include one or two of each brand and are inexpensive.

- Shaving brush, burshes are normally bore or badger hair and can set you back anything from 5e to several hundred euro, they are a good investment and will last you ages though...mine cost me about 40e.

- Razor itself, something like a Merkur progress is a good starter one...again it seems expensive but this is long term stuff that will last years. Many people in the shaving thread often buy razors made in 1900's so they can use them....these things last!

- Shaving cream, again comes in many shapes and sizes...take a look at somewhere like shaving.ie and read the descriptions...

Post in the shaving thread if you have any questions about any of the above.

RATM wrote: »
    My local EuroSpar in Charlestown, Finglas has them for one week only at this price (6.99). Guy behind the counter reckons its nationwide but I cant be sure.

Just for a nice comparison, :D
    200 safety razor blades which will last just as long as a mach3 blade cost 21e
    http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=330362041977

There not knock off's and are sold though a legit seller who is connaughtshaving.com which is a large UK shaving retailer.

This is why I can't suggest safety razors enough! :)

Advertisement