Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-10-2009, 21:25   #1
bonzos

FAS €600k conman get legal aid?

From dealing with one conman(JOD) to another !I think that this is another disgrace that this guy who alledgally stole €600k from FAS recieved free legal aid today!he has been working in a state job for a number of years and smart enough to allegedly set up a dummy company to invoice FAS for €600k+ for services that were never recieved surely the tax payer should not be expected to pay for his legal team..we already paid his wages remember

Last edited by Scofflaw; 06-10-2009 at 22:32.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
06-10-2009, 21:29   #2
Rebelheart
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzos View Post
From dealing with one conman(JOD) to another !I think that this is another disgrace that this guy who alledgally stole €600k from FAS recieved free legal aid today!he has been working in a stste job for a number of years and smart enough to allegedly set up a dummy company to invoice FAS for €600k+ for services that were never recieved surly tax tax payer should not be expected to pay for his legal team..we already paid his wages remember

It makes me wonder how many more people in other state-owned firms were doing something similar....

Last edited by Scofflaw; 06-10-2009 at 22:32.
Thanks from:
06-10-2009, 21:44   #3
bonzos

does this mean that seanie fizt would also be entitled to free legal aid if any actions were ever taken againest him?
06-10-2009, 22:16   #4
JohnnyMobile

anyone remember this... http://www.herald.ie/national-news/s...f-1427740.html

after the initial reports the case went very quiet.
06-10-2009, 22:34   #5
kbannon

With respect, he has not been convicted of anything and like anyone who need it, he is entitled (gread FÁS word!) to free legal aid!
Advertisement
06-10-2009, 23:23   #6
maxwell smart

I have no problem with him getting free legal aid, as he has not been proved guilty. But if he was found guilty, I'm assuming that all this alleged money he has "missappropriated" would have to be repaid? And a nice lengthy jail term would be punishment enough.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion