Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3D/4D Scan

Options
  • 03-10-2009 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭

We just had ours today. It was amazing!

Little scamp had its feet and hands in front of its face to begin with so couldn't see much, so I had to go drink a can of coke and come back 15 mins later.

Eventually it moved its bits out of the way and we could see its cute little chubby face! Could see it yawning and opening its eyes, truly amazing!

My mother-in-law came along to see too, she had never seen a scan before (they weren't really around in her day!) and I think she was amazed too!

I know I'm using the word amazing alot, but thats the only word I can think of to describe it! :D

I'll try get pics up later!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭bumpintraining

hey crazy cat lady congrats on the scan I'm not getting my first scan until 13th of Nov:( but can't wait to see him/ her.
    Really want to get the 3and4d one as well. Quick question, i've read before similar story to yours how baby wasnt very visible and mum drank can of coke and went back after 15mins. Are you told to drink coke or is it just a coincidence?
    Def post up the pics if u can and congrats again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

Hi BIT you're told to drink coke. Fizzy drinks get the baby moving. If you ever have a quiet day and can't feel the baby kicking etc you should drink lucozade or coke and it should get babs moving around the place.

Same thing happened me with the 3D scan. She ran out of ribbon in the printer at the start of the scan and by the time she'd put the new roll in the little fella had turned face down so she had to send us out for a while too.

They are amazing though. I remember watching the dvd for weeks afterwards. My mom and dad were fascinated by it when I brought it out home for them to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

Aw CCL am so happy for you! Dying to see those pictures :) it must have made it seem all the more real, to see an actual 3D image of your son/daughter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Congrats on the scan! how far along are you?
    We're going for a3/4D scan in a fortnight, can't wait!
    I must remember to bring a bottle of lucozade just in case - handy tip that!

Did you find out the sex or was it obvious in the scan?
    We're hoping to find out of our lil one is a girl or a boy but everyone keeps telling me how their friends Aunts cousin was told it was definitely a boy and out came a girl or vice versa! Though I think that's with the ordinary hospital scans.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Congrats..it must be a lovely feeling. I was going to get one with my baby but didnt bother in the end, I really just wanted to know the sex and luckily he was playing ball by the 20 week scan so it wasn't that important after.

Its nice to have something you can actually look at thats baby like, those 2d scans just dont compare at all do they?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Heres the link to the video of the scan, a besotted daddy put it up on YouTube for the world to see!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuBqVPclmyk

We did find out the sex, but we had the mother-in-law with us so we asked her if she could try to be discreet! Which she was and looked without anyone knowing and wrote it on a piece of paper for us. We had already found out at the 22 week scan but this was confirmation for us.

I still don't believe there's a little person inside me!

Aw wow your scan is amazing! you can really make out your lil one's features.
    The hospital/2d scans just don't compare at all do they?

I had an early dating scan in the same place when I was 9 weeks and even though junior wasn't much bigger than a bean, it was still a lot clearer than the hospital one.
    I had a 17 week scan in the hospital but could not make nor tail out of what was on screen!

That's brilliant the way they were able to let you know discretely about the sex.
    I'm counting down the days til our scan (11 days!) :pac:

Are you having the 3D scan in the same place? We've been there a few times during this pregnancy as we've been very nervous parents-to-be!

I can't stop watching the video and looking at the pictures! I show just about everyone I meet. I can already tell that our little person looks like its daddy! Fingers crossed for daddy's big dimples!

How many weeks will you be having your scan? We were told that 28 weeks is the best time to get the scan done as the features are quite developed by that stage but its not so squashed in there that you can't see everything.

Can't believe that the next time we see our baby it'll be in real life and not on a monitor. Very scary!

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭gowayouttadat

I'm laughing at the foot into the head. Our fella was exactly the same when we had ours! He looked like he was kicking himself into the forehead. We couldn't understand how he could get his leg up that high!

Hi, yes I think its the same place I'm going to (place in Blackrock?) That is amazing knowing that your little one looks like his daddy already!

I'll be 22 weeks when I get the scan, so probably a bit on the early side but I've checked youtube and they do seem to be able to good clear scans at that stage - fingers crossed!

That's so cute the way he has his foot up like that. I often wonder what junior is up to when there's loads of wriggling going on in there! makes a bit of sense when you see them on screen like that.

• Advertisement

I'm just in awe at the fact you can see your baby's features so clearly, little toes and all (baby really likes his/her foot)!!:D
    Will definitly be getting one of these scans after seeing this, thanks so much for sharing!

Yes its the place in Blackrock, they've been great throughout the pregnancy and have never made me feel siily when I was going for scans every couple of weeks in the early days!

Daddy is always saying how much he loves baby toes so I think our little one was just showing them off for him! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Hi all, mr. crazy cat lady here :) Heres some pics from the scan

KELLYHANNA28W20091003173537177.jpg

This one makes me laugh, 2 hands and foot with a face in there somewhere!

KELLYHANNA28W20091003173653742.jpg

I got the scan today...AMAZING!!!
    We could see she has her daddy's nose!

What I found brilliant was that she was moving around while she was being scanned. Before when I felt her moving inside I thought she was just kicking but I could see she was just rolling over into a comfier position! :D

1st one is so cute!! Last one I think she's found that comfy spot:D
    Congrats!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I got the scan today...AMAZING!!!
    We could see she has her daddy's nose!

What I found brilliant was that she was moving around while she was being scanned. Before when I felt her moving inside I thought she was just kicking but I could see she was just rolling over into a comfier position! :D

Great pics!

They're fab pics! You must be delighted :)

Congratulations!

Thanks all :) I'm delighted with how the scan turned out! My dad couldn't understand why I'd want to fork out so much for the scan when we'll see plenty of junior in a few months time, but I think he understood why when he seen the scan pics!

Another thing I found brilliant is that when I seen my GP she told me the placenta was low and it's something they'll need to check again at 32 weeks.
    I mentioned this while I was getting the scan and the Ultrasound lady was able to show me exactly where it was and reassure me. Excellent stuff! :pac:

Advertisement