Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Matt Cooper Today FM

• 02-10-2009 4:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭

Just heard the intro for Matt Coopers show on today FM.

He will be discussing making bike helmets complusory on todays show.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Git101 wrote: »
    Just heard the intro for Matt Coopers show on today FM.

He will be discussing making bike helmets complusory on todays show.
    Probably realises they will make lots of money from texts to the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Oh joy. More opinions from people who have never ridden a bike and medical experts who are overexposed to trauma injuries anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

That was yesterday, unless he's bring it up again. They ended up arguing whether car drivers should wear helmets or not, slow news day...

conclusions, a helmet will save you if you fall off your bike but not if you get smashed by a car or hgv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Probably realises they will make lots of money from texts to the show.

I wonder will Tim Allen ring in, or is he too busy on boards. Only so many hours on a friday afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,804 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

That was yesterday, unless he's bring it up again. They ended up arguing whether car drivers should wear helmets or not, slow news day...

conclusions, a helmet will save you if you fall off your bike but not if you get smashed by a car or hgv.
    Yes, that was yesterday surely. There can't be THAT much interest in this topic.

(I don't think that was exactly the conclusion; it was that a helmet might do you some good in the event of a simple fall; I don't think Dr. McKillen conceded that it would "save you".)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

They on about it again now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

Ahh I wasn't hearing things.... it's on now

Ah for God's sake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

interview with a girl who banged her head falling off her bike aged 6.

This is simple-minded shroud-waving, I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Get on there Rojo and deliver some logical debate !

I don't think it would go down very well after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

slow news day...

you got that right, no lisbon crap to talk about for a couple of days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

I just heard the very tail end of this yesterday and he had a listeners comment who said that he'd never wear a helmet cos 'it makes him look like a nerd'. That's one angle that I never really considered before. The next time I'm looking for a promotion in my IT job, I must wear my helmet to look the part :pac:

Advertisement