Course Books Wanted / For Sale - Page 5 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
07-09-2010, 22:00   #61
alpha2010
Banned
 
alpha2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Dublin
Posts: 288
1st and 2nd Year Books For Sale

Geography
1st & 2nd Year Book
s

• Introduction to Physical Geography 2nd edition & Human Geography 3rd edition - €50 (can be sold separately for €25 each)

• An Introduction to Economic Geography, Globalisation, Uneven Development and Place - €17

History
1st & 2nd Year Books


• Diaries of Ireland: An Anthology - €7

• Erasmus: Praise of Folly - €6

• Niccolo Machiavelli: The Prince - €3

• Memoir of a Basque: Lieutenant Nun - €10

• Early Modern Europe, 1450 – 1789 - €14

• Howard Zinn: A People’s History Of The United States 1491 – Present €5

• A History of the Modern British Isles 1529 – 1603: The Two Kingdom €15

• A History of the Modern British Isles 1603-1707: The Double Crown -€17

• France since 1945 Robert Gildea - €5

Anthropology
1st Year Books


• Food and Culture: A Reader 1st Edition - €18

• Wisdom Sits In Places - €8

All these books are in perfect condition; no pages torn out; nothing wrote on, could pass for new.

Last edited by alpha2010; 07-09-2010 at 22:03.
alpha2010 is offline  
Advertisement
07-09-2010, 22:12   #62
JellyBeans92
Registered User
 
JellyBeans92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Dundrum/Maynooth/Wexford
Posts: 437
First Year Books NEEDED!

Hi

Starting as a newbie first year in a few weeks in NUIM

Doing an Arts Degree, so I'm looking for books for Psychology, Computer Science and Maths.

PM me if you have books for these courses for sale at reasonable rates, and I'll be around all of orientation week to buy them if the case should lend itself.
JellyBeans92 is offline  
07-09-2010, 22:17   #63
squishykins
Registered User
 
squishykins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Naaaaavan
Posts: 2,696
Send a message via Skype™ to squishykins
I'm starting now in Sept, doing History, German and Maths...how many of the books do you reckon are necessary? And which ones could I get out of the library and all...
squishykins is offline  
07-09-2010, 22:54   #64
alpha2010
Banned
 
alpha2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Dublin
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyputz View Post
I'm starting now in Sept, doing History, German and Maths...how many of the books do you reckon are necessary? And which ones could I get out of the library and all...

when your lecturer recommends a certain book, go get it straight after. I wouldn't bother with the library, they do have like 3 copies and there never available.. I don't know about your other subjects but for History, there are a lot of little books you have to get to help you with your essays in your tutorials, you will find all this out in the upcoming weeks

there like only 10 euro or so but there are a few to get..
alpha2010 is offline  
Thanks from:
08-09-2010, 12:52   #65
louliewan
Registered User
 
louliewan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Celbridge
Posts: 109
Hi alpha2010, am going into second year history and would be interested in buying Lieutenant Nun, and both history of the British Isles books. I am on hols at the moment and wont be back til friday. I live in Celbridge so if you are close I can meet you to have a look at them.
louliewan is offline  
Advertisement
08-09-2010, 18:13   #66
alpha2010
Banned
 
alpha2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Dublin
Posts: 288
I sent you a PM
alpha2010 is offline  
09-09-2010, 14:26   #67
Rafcam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 200
Yikes! I didn't realise the books would be so expensive!
I'm doing Music Technology with Geography and Maths hopefully.

Do we find out when we start what books we need or is there somewhere online that we can check?
Also do we need to own all the books? Or can we borrow from the library?
Rafcam is offline  
09-09-2010, 21:15   #68
alpha2010
Banned
 
alpha2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Dublin
Posts: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafcam View Post
Yikes! I didn't realise the books would be so expensive!
I'm doing Music Technology with Geography and Maths hopefully.

Do we find out when we start what books we need or is there somewhere online that we can check?
Also do we need to own all the books? Or can we borrow from the library?
yeah I know, my biggest regret was buying my first year books brand new, they cost me 100 euro for just 2 geog books .
Some departments already have a list of books that you can purchase, but just wait until you attend your lectures and find out what books that the lecturer recommends.. Emm you might be able to get some of the books in the library but as I said before, they do be quite limited. Your lecturer will explain all this to you
alpha2010 is offline  
09-09-2010, 22:22   #69
eezarthegreat
Registered User
 
eezarthegreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 345
Have these for sale if anyone is interested

http://www.adverts.ie/234880/school-...va-book-cheap/
eezarthegreat is offline  
Advertisement
09-09-2010, 22:58   #70
Rafcam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha2010 View Post
yeah I know, my biggest regret was buying my first year books brand new, they cost me 100 euro for just 2 geog books .
Some departments already have a list of books that you can purchase, but just wait until you attend your lectures and find out what books that the lecturer recommends.. Emm you might be able to get some of the books in the library but as I said before, they do be quite limited. Your lecturer will explain all this to you
Woah that's loads! Ah okay thank you
Rafcam is offline  
10-09-2010, 00:55   #71
gigawatt
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 369
maynooth post primary books

hi boardsies, wondering if anyone knows a recent graduate of maynooth post primary, I can't find a forum for it. I'm looking to buy the leaving cert books for the school.. any help would be greatly appreciated.
the books i'm looking for are;
Fiuntas
english dictionary collins gem
discovering maths 3
todays world book1
leaving cert biology
ecoutez bien/ verb tables/ collins gem dictionary
construction studies today

thank you in advance for any help!!!!!
gigawatt is offline  
10-09-2010, 11:36   #72
louliewan
Registered User
 
louliewan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Celbridge
Posts: 109
Am looking to buy these books, must be in good condition

William Trevor, ‘The Ballroom of Romance’ (1969)
Patrick Mc Cabe, The Butcher Boy (1991)
Breakfast on Pluto (1999)
Jimmy Murphy, Kings of the Kilburn High (Oberon, 2001)
Alice McDermott, Charming Billy (1997)
Eugene O’Brien, Eden (2005)
louliewan is offline  
11-09-2010, 21:44   #73
itchyblood
Registered User
 
itchyblood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 112
Send a message via MSN to itchyblood
YO, people who did Film/Cinema.
Anyone have this book?

Maltby, Richard. Hollywood Cinema. Malden, MA.: Blackwell, 2003.
itchyblood is offline  
11-09-2010, 22:20   #74
allandanyways
Moderator
 
allandanyways's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Daft Punk is playing at my house
Posts: 1,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyblood View Post
YO, people who did Film/Cinema.
Anyone have this book?

Maltby, Richard. Hollywood Cinema. Malden, MA.: Blackwell, 2003.
If that's for EN356 , most of that is on google books. He'll set you reading for every lecture from it, so if you're into buying the massive, heavy books, go ahead but the bits you need are on google books. It's really heavy and quite expensive, just a heads up.
allandanyways is online now  
11-09-2010, 22:39   #75
itchyblood
Registered User
 
itchyblood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 112
Send a message via MSN to itchyblood
Quote:
Originally Posted by allandanyways View Post
If that's for EN356 , most of that is on google books. He'll set you reading for every lecture from it, so if you're into buying the massive, heavy books, go ahead but the bits you need are on google books. It's really heavy and quite expensive, just a heads up.
Haha yeah, cheers. I saw it was on Google Books but I thought if it was cheap I might get one to have. I'm not bothered now.
itchyblood is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet