Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win family tickets to the Percussion Spectactular at the National Concert Hall

Options
  • 29-09-2009 1:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭

Hey there

Are your children noisy? Do they like music but like making noise too? Ever want to bring them somewhere like the National Concert Hall and have them enjoy and participate? Well, that's what we're here for!

This Sunday, October 4 there's a PERCUSSION SPECTACULAR at the National Concert Hall from 1.05pm to 2.15pm that's aimed at everyone from 5 to 105. It's led by master percussionist Noel Eccles and we want you to get your children involved!

percussionspectacular.jpg
    Experience a dazzling and exotic range of struck, shaken, rattled and rolled instruments and styles from around the world - taiko to tabla, bodhrán to boobams, samba to slip-jig.

Hosted by special guest Brian Ormond of RTÉ Young People's TV and led by Noel Eccles (of Moving Hearts and Riverdance) with Ireland's finest percussionists, including musicians from the RTÉ National Symphony Orchestra, RTÉ Concert Orchestra and special guests. Join them for what could be the largest percussion ensemble in Ireland!

percussionspectacular2.jpg

Thanks to RTÉ Performing Groups we have four family tickets to give away to this concert. All you have to do is leave a comment below to enter the competition.

Please make sure you can take them! I'll announce the winners first thing on Friday to make sure you have plenty of time to make plans to be there.

You'll find out more on the RTÉ Website. Tickets are €10 for children and €15 for adults and the family tickets are €42. If you want to make sure you're there - and it looks like great fun altogether - make sure you get there early!!

Just leave your comment to be in with a chance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

What makes the best toddlers drum?
    Up turned toy box, wipes box or the old favourite the pot with the lids as cymbols.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Thaedydal wrote: »
    What makes the best toddlers drum?
    Up turned toy box, wipes box or the old favourite the pot with the lids as cymbols.
    Anything hard from the toybox, along the radiator in the kitchen. :)

My mother is evil, so far she has bought my kids electronic keyboards, a drum each, xylophones, and maracas. Revenge for our early years, I think. :D

Theyd love that event, but its a bit short to travel so far, but thanks anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

My daughter does the tin whistle in school... Now that is painful to listen to.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 MyHat.ie

... until you can tap your fingers

• Registered Users Posts: 15 buzzinb

Q: Who would buy a real drum kit for a 4 year old??

A: My father in law :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭jampotjim

Well I reckon my little one would love to find a reason to make some Noice....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

I can just see the letter to Santa now!

Snare, Tomtoms, Bongos...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭uzami

Would love to win tickets for this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Alib2009

have a nineteen month old - who has a drum, keyboard and guitar - surprise surprise the drum is the favourite. One of his first words was drum and to make matters more interesting he adores all music.

First thing in the morning to last thing at night its RADIO ON NOW!! - he then proceeds to shake his booty to the music and makes mammy & daddy hold his hands and dance! cute but not so much at 7am!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭itsmine

Sounds fab! I'm going to ask Santa for a Glockenspiel, or kettle drums I think - love 'em!
    Have a 3 year old and 4 year old who would love to go to this :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

I'm not sure I want my children to end up making moves like the percussionist for David Gray, (it's not normal the way he moves every limb to the beat), but Kids + Noise = Happiness , and I like simple equations. I would love to take part.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

Count me in...
    1 2 3 4 1 2 1 2 3 4 3 4 1 3 2 4 1 1 1 1 2 3 4 1 1 2 3 4.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Eyeofthetiger

Glockenspiel...now that's a great idea..
    request for Santa sorted already! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭bluefinger

I can nick two kids somewhere who'd appreciate this almost as much as i would. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭Data_Quest

3 of my kids are big into music already so I'm trying to get my youngest interested in rhythm. Looks like this would be great fun

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Golfer999999

My four year old has Drums and an Electric Guitar, in his works ...

Rock and Roll!!!! (at 6.30 on a sunday morning)

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

My nephew likes to hit things... Seeing people hitting drums might make him stop hitting me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

We already have the drums, keyboard, sax, tin whistle, harmonica, guitar.... all I need now is a chance for my three kids to understand that there is a thing called rhythm.... sounds like a great opportunity. Save me, please!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭appleb

Please
    Please
    Please
    Please
    Please
    Please
    Please
    Please
    Please....
    Can I have these tickets,
    Please
    Please
    Please
    Please
    Please

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭txt_mess

Forget the children I want a go!! (well ok then I'll take my daughter)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭salamander27

Quality wrote: »
    My daughter does the tin whistle in school... Now that is painful to listen to.:eek:

My daughter was learning the fiddle in school. Bag of cats.:p She's much better with a piano! ;)
    This sounds so cool. I know both my kids would love it! And we will happen to be up in the big smoke this week end.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Jenroche

My daughter would get a HUGE kick out of this! ;)

Jen ;->

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Chuckchuck

My now 8yr old made a drum about two years ago out of a roses tin. To add extra noise she put pasta shells inside, taped it up and painted it to her own design. She covered two chop sticks with tin foil and got herself a real working and very noisy drum......and yep its still on the go along with the guitar and keyboard Santa brought last xmas. Herself and friend are hoping to be the next "girl band". We smile and listen to all their own made up songs........not always easy. She is also learning tin whistle in school and the old head can get sore listening to her practice. The latest is she has just joined the choir. She just stares in awe at any kind of live music totally oblivious to everything else around her. She would just love this................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Lizzykins

I have a 6 year old who can scream along to the music. I want to go so I can scream too!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Trics

Drums for Christmas for a 9yr old .... I'm determined to prove to the sceptics that it was a good idea !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 cabinpac

OK I'll go.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭p15574

Much better to appreciate the drumming at someone else's venue, instead of at home...

(unless it spurs a letter to Santa...hmmmm...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

Please, please, please, the lads would really love to go to this. The older one has a great teacher that has the whole class playing music, and he is now playing the drums in the school/class band

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Baraboo

My whole family would like to go to this. Shed outside is fitted out with two full drum kits. and a fair amount of sound proofing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

the little one usually bangs on the big one to the sound ow ow ow mmmmuuuuummmmmyyyy, so finding another outlet for his musical prowess would be much appreciated.

Advertisement