Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Credit Crunch Cars

Options
  • 22-09-2009 3:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if there still tradeing ? passed them today and the place looked decidedly abandoned

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,511 ✭✭✭maidhc

Anyone know if there still tradeing ? passed them today and the place looked decidedly abandoned

They are now trading as deep depression motors! :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I have noticed a new crowd called Premier Fleet Autos or something like that popping up with Credit Crunch like ads. They may be going for a "brand change". Or equally they may have nothing to do with each other.

edit: just checked a car I'd seen before in Credit Crunch and it's now for sale by Premier Fleet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 PumpJacks

Has anyone used Premier Fleets Autos before and if so are they legitimate? The prices they are offering for cars are very competitive and typically €4k - €5k better than equivalent prices in Ireland? Has anyone bought a car or heard anything negative about them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 innocence13

Hi,

Premier fleet Autos are the same company as Credit Crunch cars , or at least the same people. It's stange that they are not advertising this fact anywhere.
    I would advise caution - I was about to buy a car off then - a 2006 Skoda Octavid L&K .9 TDI with 57,000 miles on the clock. It was advertised as immaculate, however got an AA inspection done and it reported faults that needed immediate attention - not a huge amount of work, but not as advertised none the less. I decided not to purchase.
    Anyway I searched on carzone today and looks like the car is there again but at a reduced price ( quite possibly I was paying too much but that's my problem I guess) http://www.carzone.ie/search/Skoda/Octavia/1.9-TDi-/200941195418261/advert?channel=CARS
    Anyway , as you can see the milage being advertised is different (35k) but almost sure it's the same car.
    I'm not saying anything is illegal and the milage is possibly a typo but I would advise you to get a thorough report on any imported car before you buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

Hi,

Premier fleet Autos are the same company as Credit Crunch cars , or at least the same people. It's stange that they are not advertising this fact anywhere.
    I would advise caution - I was about to buy a car off then - a 2006 Skoda Octavid L&K .9 TDI with 57,000 miles on the clock. It was advertised as immaculate, however got an AA inspection done and it reported faults that needed immediate attention - not a huge amount of work, but not as advertised none the less. I decided not to purchase.
    Anyway I searched on carzone today and looks like the car is there again but at a reduced price ( quite possibly I was paying too much but that's my problem I guess) http://www.carzone.ie/search/Skoda/Octavia/1.9-TDi-/200941195418261/advert?channel=CARS
    Anyway , as you can see the milage being advertised is different (35k) but almost sure it's the same car.
    I'm not saying anything is illegal and the milage is possibly a typo but I would advise you to get a thorough report on any imported car before you buy.

From Ad: Mileage 35,418 M / 57,000 KM
    Are you sure you didn't get mixed up with miles and kilometres?

• Advertisement

Yes, I'm sure , I did and Experian car check in the uk and the milage is 57,000 - not kms. however this could be a different car -

57,131 miles to be exact.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Rylan

Possibly and error in inputting the details onto carzone. Can easily happen as there is a dropdown box to select miles/klms. Just a genuine mistake I would say.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Brian306

I bought a car from Credit Crunch Cars / Premier Fleet Autos 2 months ago. Everything went fine and we were happy with the car we bought but the spec he advertised included factory fitted bmw sat nav which is a €2k extra....however when we collected the car the sat nav was not fitted. He was unwilling to negotiate on the price and promised that we would receive the bmw sat nav unit and he would organise for it to be fitted asap.
    after 9 weeks and about 100 phone calls we have yet to get the console fitted to our car.
    He was happy to take our money from us but the after sales and 6 month warranty you receive seems to be worthless.....
    All cars are supposed to be fully serviced before they even leave the UK but after 3000 miles the computer on the car is calling out for a service and the front brake pads need to be replaced.
    That good feeling you get when you buy a new car disappears very quickly.

avoid them!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 paladin101

innocence13
    I don't suppose you would be willing to share the details of what issues needed "immediate attention"?! Cause I actually bought that 06 Octavia:eek: And a day later my friend saw your post! Would you believe the sales guy actually said THEY had done a full AA test in Ireland and he pointed out the issues they identified...all of which were insignificant...I neglected to ask for a copy of this report, dooh...I'm a bit too trusting:confused:
    I had already spotted the milage error and the fact they listed it as a 6 speed manual not a 5 speed (which it is) but I was ok with both of these at the asking price. Just like Brian306 experienced I was told the Octavia had been serviced just before it left the UK but the computer indicates that it needs a service in 400miles. At 58k miles I'm assuming that is probably a major one, most likely the timing belt:confused: This is annoying and an extra cost but at least I'll have peace of mind for the next 60k if I get that service done myself and not trust Premier Fleet Auto's word!

I went into the deal sceptical since the price seemed 'too good to be true' so I guess I was already expecting some hitches! I'm just in the process of getting the VRT sorted, I opted to do this myself as I wanted a Cork reg :p, and I'm waiting on a copy of the 6-month warranty that is provided. I'll report back on my experiences once I've got all this sorted.

• Advertisement

@paladin101 - I would be happy to send you the report - let me know if you want it ? I don't think there is anything hugely serious but happy to send it on - don't know how you exchange contact details here or if that's possible.....

Sent you a private message with my email. Much appreciated:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 eastie

Any more update on this crowd, good prices allright...

Given my experience with them to date, I'd be very slow to recommend doing business with them.
    1) The description of the car and condition of the car was wrong.
    - Wrong milage
    - Wrong transmission type
    2) It took several e-mails and phone calls to secure the warranty documentation.
    - a limitation of the warrant they offer is they only cover you for work at a rate of €45/hr (where in Ireland can you get that!!?) and the maximum payout in the 6 months offered is only €600:eek:
    3) They state the car is 'fully serviced' before sale, this may be the case but it has not been done by a main dealer and there is no service stamp in the log book for the service and the on board computer is not updated.
    - I needed to take the car for a main dealer service 2 weeks after purchase because the on board computer demanded it daily. Cost - €300!
    4) I purchased in Dublin but wanted a Cork reg :rolleyes: so opted to pay the VRT myself in cork. I withheld the estimated cost of the VRT registration when paying PFA, with the promise that I would be reimbursed the balance if the estimate was incorrect (English spectd. cars, leather/air con, aren't always listed in the VRT website!). The balance was €320....6 weeks later I'm still chasing them for it:mad:

In short, the up front price of the car may be attractive but there may be a high cost later. I personally would never deal with them again and would not recommend them to my friends.

@Paladin101, sorry to hear that. I ws a bit late sending you on the report - did it arrive ? Hope the car is in good nick otherwise.

Hi innocence13, Got the report alright, thanks very much;) The Cruise control switch has malfunctioned but other than that (and costly 1st service:() alls well with car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

paladin101 wrote: »
    innocence13
    I don't suppose you would be willing to share the details of what issues needed "immediate attention"?! Cause I actually bought that 06 Octavia:eek: And a day later my friend saw your post! Would you believe the sales guy actually said THEY had done a full AA test in Ireland and he pointed out the issues they identified...all of which were insignificant...I neglected to ask for a copy of this report, dooh...I'm a bit too trusting:confused:
    I had already spotted the milage error and the fact they listed it as a 6 speed manual not a 5 speed (which it is) but I was ok with both of these at the asking price. Just like Brian306 experienced I was told the Octavia had been serviced just before it left the UK but the computer indicates that it needs a service in 400miles. At 58k miles I'm assuming that is probably a major one, most likely the timing belt:confused: This is annoying and an extra cost but at least I'll have peace of mind for the next 60k if I get that service done myself and not trust Premier Fleet Auto's word!

I went into the deal sceptical since the price seemed 'too good to be true' so I guess I was already expecting some hitches! I'm just in the process of getting the VRT sorted, I opted to do this myself as I wanted a Cork reg :p, and I'm waiting on a copy of the 6-month warranty that is provided. I'll report back on my experiences once I've got all this sorted.

Just a bit of relavant info on the "AA Autocheck" signage that you often see around dealer forecourts... These signs kind of imply that all cars offered for sale on a site have been independently inspected by an Independent AA mechanic/technician, (they are not "engineers" as is often claimed, insofar as they are not chartered engineers or affiliated to any organisation that an engineer would normally be associated with by virtue of having a degree level academic qualification). All these signs mean is that the outlet have signed up to carry out the list of checks that would normally be done if a vehicle inspection was sought through the AA. This report costs over 300 Euro last time I checked, if you buy such a report, you get what is outlined in the report, but as for AA signage on forecourts, I don't think this has any real meaning in relation to the quality of a car that is offered for sale.

I'd be interested in hearing opinions on this from any dealers who might have AA signage on their forecourts... I'm a bit wary of the AA signage on forecourts, I'd imagine that the checks on that list are the same checks that should be carried out before any car is offered for sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ENCRYPTION

PumpJacks wrote: »
    Has anyone used Premier Fleets Autos before and if so are they legitimate? The prices they are offering for cars are very competitive and typically €4k - €5k better than equivalent prices in Ireland? Has anyone bought a car or heard anything negative about them?

<snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

Again encryption, specific verifiable information or don't post.

One more time and you.ll be banned

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 90 ✭✭Cars&cars

Hi

I posted a thread some months back about the Advertising Practices of Credit Crunch Cars, they were advertising cars they didnt have and were putting up some doggy looking adds, like cars with 115,000 miles on the clock just next to their other cars with 55,000 miles on the clock and a 1,000 euro difference in price.

I got a bit of stick for my thread as I am in carsales myself, but I wasnt wrong; people were assuming I was trying to slate the competition, but in fact I was just raising a discussion about their adds.

I see they are Premier Fleet Autos now and it doesnt surprise me to hear the reports of poor after sales; one of my own customers had a very poor experience with them.

I see Premier Fleet Autos have not totally changed their advertising practices and that UKdirect.ie are also advertising loads of cars at prices all over the place, trying to swamp the market on models like BMW estate and others, but in fact they dont own most of their cars, they just advertise cars they can find in the UK, and in a lot of cases customers have told me that they find the prices quoted are not the ones they can deliver.

I dont know how carzone allow such advertising practices - I dont wish to get any more flack for raising the subject so perhaps others could take up the mantle.

Sorry to those customers who have had a bad experience, there are a few small dealers out there that still believe in customer service and reputation.

• Advertisement

Cars&cars wrote: »
    I dont know how carzone allow such advertising practices - I dont wish to get any more flack for raising the subject so perhaps others could take up the mantle.

You do seem to have a particular bee in your bonnet about these guys though Cars&cars - I haven't seen you be as vocal about anyone else.

As I remember it, there wasn't resounding support for the thread you started either...

It was interesting to read this thread and to hear what people's experiences of CCCars have been.

They are Premier Fleet Autos now so will have to see what feedback people come up with over the next few months.

Its customers who are saying steer clear of them - so that speaks for itself.

Anyone got any experience of UKdirect -- esp the adds are they real?

Chris: you should have read my offferings on VRT - much more outspoken about that !

I'd expect I've read all your rants on VRT, and I may or may not have agreed with them, but I don't think they have the specifity (if that's a real word) of the rants about Credit Crunch Cars/Premier Fleet Autos.

Ranting about VRT is akin to ranting about the state of the motor industry. Ranting about a specific dealer is akin to ranting about a specific government minister or public figure (IMHO).

I'd love to understand why you're specifically going after this one dealer, or I'd like to see you throw your net wider and examine/indict more dealers you don't respect, but in the meantime it strikes me as petty one-upmanship.

Again, all my €0.02

Chris,

have you nothing better to do with your time...seriously....I made a comment, get over it! As far as I have seen over the last two years there were two companies that appeared to be placing crazy adds and I called this into question. Those two companies were named, so I didnt single out one company.

Now, you made your little statement yesterday saying I go on about a single topic of this company: I replied by letting you know , I have been more vocal about VRT as a topic than any company, so then you come back to me with your childish remarks about it being a 'rant'. Is this forum a place to vent a little ranting? Is it not the place to express strong views about topics like 'VRT'.

Are you the topic police now too? -- Ive read a couple of your inputs to this site and I see you are quick to threaten people with being Banned, is that what you'll do here again, have me banned, hey?

Lets keep this threat to the subject at hand please - Why? perhaps the way you 'specify' that I have gone 'after a specific company' is a akin to the way you are going after me on this topic, does the kettle call black.

OK, apologies if that seemed a bit harsh, it's just how I feel.

Chris,

have you nothing better to do with your time...seriously....I made a comment, get over it! As far as have seen over the last two years there were two companies that appeared to be placing crazy adds and I called this into question. Those two companies were named, so I didnt single out one company.

Yep, you made a comment, and you should expect to be challenged on it as part of a healthy discussion.
    "Crazy Ads" is a matter of opinion IMHO, one that we disagree on - again, that's fine with me.

Now, you made your little statement say yesterday saying I go on about a single topic of this company: I replied by letting your know , I have been more vocal about VRT as a topic than any company, so then you come back to me with your childish remarks about it being a 'rant'. Is this forum a place to vent a little ranting? Is it not the place to express strong views about topics like 'VRT'.

I've no problem with venting or ranting or strong views, give it socks! In fact if you re-read my post I didn't ask you to stop ranting, but rather asked you to rant more, about more dealers.

I've also no problem with questioning people's rants to see if they hold water, and questioning people's motives to see if they're being fair.

Are you the topic police now too -- Ive read a couple of your own inputs to this site and I see you are quick to threaten people with being Banned, is that what you'll do here again, have me banned, hey?

I'm not the topic police, but I am a mod, and I've a duty to infract or ban people who are contravening the Motors Charter or making life unpleasant for the Motors community.
    You've done none of these things, and I've not threatened any sanction against you.

I was stating a personal opinion (which I'm entitled to do), and I tried to make that clear by saying "IMHO" and signing off with "my €0.02"

Lets keep this threat to the subject at hand please - Why? perhaps the way you argue I was 'after a specific company' is a akin to the way you are going after me on this topic, does the kettle call black.

If truely you feel that I'm "going after you", then maybe we should take it off-thread or involve KBannon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I posted a thread some months back about the Advertising Practices of Credit Crunch Cars, they were advertising cars they didnt have and were putting up some doggy looking adds, like cars with 115,000 miles on the clock just next to their other cars with 55,000 miles on the clock and a 1,000 euro difference in price.

Could you clarify this bit for me? What is the problem with this? Is it an implication of something wrong with the cars or what? Seems normal enough to me otherwise.

Mods - feel free to delete if this question is too dodge;)

EMP - it appeared to me that they were false adds, you dont see too many 2006-2007 cars with 115,000 miles being sold for the same price as ones with average mileage. Some people also told me that when they phoned up the 115,000 mile car was gone, but the 55,000 mile car was still available. Im going over old ground because this was covered in the old thread, which I duely left alone after I got a little stick.

I think the stick weilders might be looking to swing some more so Im going to duck, but if they keep swinging Ill swing back.

Chris - do you have any constructive comments or are you just obsessed with my little contributions. oh yes you only uphold the rules, Ive noticed how quick you are to do so.

Chris - do you have any constructive comments or are you just obsessed with my little contributions. oh yes you only uphold the rules, Ive noticed how quick you are to do so.

My comments/opinions are in the other thread, I'll leave them there.

And I'll finish by agreeing with this:
    Lets keep this threat to the subject at hand please

Let's both drop the handbags at dawn :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18 marcanthony1

anyone know in what garage in Ireland can the PF Autos warranty be used? Car is from UK.

I ordered an '08 Passat from them this week, due to collect from them in Naas this Saturday.

Thanks

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

What company provide the warranty?

If it's an aftermarket warranty from the UK then you'll most likely have to pay the garage yourself and try and claim from the company after.

If it's an Irish based company like Mapfre then dealers that use them themselves (Fiat / Alfa for one) will do the work if it's pre approved by Mapfre.

Advertisement