Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Californication (US) - Season 3 [**Spoilers**]

Options
  • 18-09-2009 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,830 ✭✭✭✭

The series centers around the unique and sophisticated world of Hank Moody, a hedonistic novelist/blogger who struggles to raise his Goth-loving teenaged daughter (Madeleine Martin), while still carrying a torch for his disapproving ex-girlfriend Karen (Natascha McElhone). His unapologetic obsession with truth-telling and self-destructive behavior complicates every aspect of his life.

Hope it's better than the good, but far from great, second season!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

lol how did i not see this lol - just about to sit down and watch in a few min.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

First episode is 36 minutes long :eek:

[edit] It's just 7 minutes of a blank screen at the end. Doh!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,830 ✭✭✭✭Basq

They really went all out with stars this year - Kathleen Turner (looking really old, but christ.. she has some filthy dialogue, but she's very funny), Embeth Davidtz and Peter Gallagher. Plus my girlfriend said some guy from Gossip Girl was in the second episode.. I don't watch it.

The first two episodes were great... particularly the dinner table in the first and Charlie's rape fantasy at the end of the second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Rick Springfield is one of eight celebrities set to appear on the upcoming season of Showtime's Californication. Gossip Girl's Ed Westwick, Eva Amurri, Embeth Davidtz, Diane Farr, The OC's Peter Gallagher, Kathleen Turner and Peter Fonda will also guest.

The third season of Californication debuts on September 27.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭DoireNod

Loving this so far. Great mixture, as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭104494431

Yeah it's great so far. Not a single one of the female characters are annoying (in my opinion), even the stripper is entertaining in her own way. I thought season 2 was really boring, I wasn't into the whole Lou Ashby character. The first season was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

Loving Cali, Duchovny was made for the role, or vice versa more likely!! He has some way with the ladies, reminds me a little of myself in that regard. :p

The latest episode where his old friend shows up was a little less entertaining than previous efforts but still good on the whole. Marcy is a minx isn't she. Yowseer...

Last season the whole Lou Ashby thing gave Moody a reason to live again, professionally at least, this season its the lecturing but I don't think the scope for comedy is as strong this season. Of course I could be wrong here, it's still early.

Kathleen Turner is hard to look at but she's a quality actor and the way she gets to Runkle is hilarious, his facial expressions are great when they are together.

Ep 06 one of the finer ones of this season so far...

Rik Springfield stars in it,
    he ends up nailing Marcy
    Lots of good scenes though, one to be enjoyed, despite the presence of Karen, who tends to annoy me a little. She's prob my least fav of all the women Moody has been through.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Anyone still watching this?
    Season finale was on last night and
    Hank's life has really gone to sh1t.

I don't know what to say about this season except that I enjoyed it but don't know why as it seems pretty pointless and random.
    Good ending though. Next season could go anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,830 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I'm behind at about the 4th episode.. but the worst thing about it is I saw a synopsis for the season finale.

And christ, it could have been written as a season finale for last season.

I haven't watched it, but Californication appears to have abandoned any plot development this season.

• Advertisement

Just finished watching the finale. Little disappointed with the series on the whole this year to be honest. One or two good episodes for sure. Not sure how they can do a 4th run of the same type of storyline, Hank screws up but can always rely on his rustic charm to somehow keep his family together. Think he may have went one step too far this time. But what is Cali if its not depicting Moody in the sewer. Still a fan however but I wonder where its going next.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

Any sign of Californication Season 3 showing up on TV3 like the previous two seasons? Anyone got any info.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

I think season 3 is pretty crap, much preferred the previous seasons.

Advertisement