Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish satellite and Aerial Association (ISAA)

Options
  • 17-09-2009 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭

www.isaa.tv

regards,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭vsat

New pages have been uploaded, tonight.

regards,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Wizard007

It's looking really great Gerry :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 no1pubcrawler

just seen your posts. any your members set up the lidl silvercrest sat dish and receiver ???

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Rippy

Most reputable installers would not touch a lidl dish.
    We prefer to supply the equipment so that quality can be assured and aftercare given.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 no1pubcrawler

Yeah and charge an arm and a leg for it too. Some quotes i got of so called reputable dealers for dish, receiver and set up were outrageous. Considering you can buy the system for 80 euro. Anyway, I finally got it sorted thaks to the guys on here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Yeah and charge an arm and a leg for it too. Some quotes i got of so called reputable dealers for dish, receiver and set up were outrageous. Considering you can buy the system for 80 euro. Anyway, I finally got it sorted thaks to the guys on here.

Most middle range satellite systems cost a lot more than € 80 the quality of the dish that Lidl/Aldi sell is crap plastic brackets pisspoor welding job done on the wall bracket etc. etc. etc. It has been said here before Cheap is not always better in the long run. I gave you a link to the powercity satellite system if you had some thing like that then a installer would probably give you a quote on setting it up for you. What a lot of people expect is that if they do find a installer to fit the Lidl dish or some other satellite system that was bought elsewhere is that when the problems start then the installer calls back out free of charge to fix or replace the problem.

You pay for what you get. A good Installer has many overheads, insurance, test equipment, and knowledge,

You can buy a lada car which gets you from Cork to Dublin no problem, but a Rolls Royce also does the same job , but you are paying for comfort and a fine piece of equipment, Satellite equipment is the same.

Regards,

Vsat

• Registered Users Posts: 11,327 ✭✭✭✭Tony

What exactly do you consider outrageous?

Some quotes i got of so called reputable dealers for dish, receiver and set up were outrageous. /QUOTE]

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 12,439 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

There are some on here who will say that the lidl system has served them well but most will admit that it is sheltered etc. However if its anywhere in a windy position then you are screwed, the dish will constantly go out of kilter.
    I replaced mine with a proper aluminium bracket 20euro. Triax dish (proper strong coated dish that is lasting the test of time long after my neighbours sky dishes have rusted) for 60 euro, proper CT100 cabling 30 euro for the reel and the lnb which was 20 I think, then the sat box could be anything you want and lidl one is good though prefer a freesat box. So equipment bar the box is 130euro, add a box for say 50 then thats 180euro for equipment. Now add maybe 100 euro for a decent install job (remember sky is free because you pay for it in the monthly sub) and its a grand amount.
    Why do people buy these lidl systems without researching it, you wouldn't buy a tv aerial knowing the chimney is difficult or buy motherboards and processors and build your own computer unless you know how or confident so why do people buy sat systems thinking they are easy to put up??? Manageable and interesting YES, easy NO

All,

New information on web site, as to where some members are based, this is ONLY a sample, but once contact has been made with the Business in question (flags) there information will be available.

Regards,

Gerry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

vsat wrote: »
    All,

New information on web site, as to where some members are based, this is ONLY a sample, but once contact has been made with the Business in question (flags) there information will be available.

Regards,

Gerry

Very nicely done Gerry good man

All,

Sorry for delay, but I,ve been busy getting things sorted.

I'm please to state that I've booked the Maldron hotel in portlaoise for the 14th of October.

I've booked the whole room for the day, but hope to have the first ISAA meeting from lunch time on.

All interested parties are welcome to come and discuss my plans first, and then hopefully a open meeting with all parties from lunch time on.
    I have a few idea's which we can discuss, and if all goes well have a board in place that evening.

Many Thanks,

Gerard Walsh :)

Afraid I cannot make that Gerry, just cannot take a day away from the office . Is a Saturday an option at all?

Sorry Tony, but Hotel booked, I will be in the Hotel from 13th tuesday, so maybe you can drop in.
    The reason I booked all day was so people could come and have a talk, to work around there schedule, and Portlaoise is pretty central for the country, with good roads.

Many thanks,

Gerry

Good work Gerry :)

What time are you there untill?

All,

From 9pm till 6pm Wedensday, but available from late 13th

Ok, thanks a mil Gerry. I'll do my bestest for tuesday night.

No problem Gerry I'll catch up with you in Dublin

vsat wrote: »
    Sorry Tony, but Hotel booked, I will be in the Hotel from 13th tuesday, so maybe you can drop in.
    The reason I booked all day was so people could come and have a talk, to work around there schedule, and Portlaoise is pretty central for the country, with good roads.

Many thanks,

Gerry

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Should be able to make meeting Portlaoise is very easy for me to get to....looking forward to meeting fellow engineers and helping out in any way I can Gerry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ASTRALSAT

Gerry, great work on the site and well organised look forward to meeting you all next wed, Steve

• Advertisement

All,

New information on the web site : www.isaa.tv, about a meeting next Wedensday.

Regards,

Gerry:)

All,

I;ve received a great response in the last few days:D with both NI and South Business interested in this project.

It's great that we have a North/South interested.

I'm open to all points of view, that's why I want to form a council, with Installers and and not bench boys.

I hope that all Businesses that have issued interested in this projest turn up on Wedensday, if so I'll have to book a bigger room:rolleyes:,

Regards,

Gerry Walsh

All,

Go to www.isaa.tv for updates or http://www.techtir.ie/forums/

Many Thanks,

Gerry

Find attached first ISAA minutes of meeting :

Regards,

Gerry

All,

Our next ISAA meeting will take place at the Huston Bay Hotel in Athlone on the 19th november.

More information will follow shortly, Keep your eye on www.isaa.tv

Regards,

Gerry :)

All,

http://www.hodsonbayhotel.com/

Regards,

Gerry

new info in About us at isaa.tv

regards,

Gerry

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭John mac

Not yet Gerry :)

Hi All,

Just to confirm that the next (ISAA) meeting will be taken place this Thursday 19th November 2009, at the Hodson Bay Hotel athlone. http://www.hodsonbayhotel.com/

I have the room booked from 9am, so interested parties can drop in for a chat.
    The official meeting will start at 2pm, and all are welcome.

With thanks,

Gerard Walsh (ISAA) chairman

• Advertisement

Afraid I cant make that one Ger as I'm out of the country that day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement