Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ClassicMeeting & Road Run -Sun 27th

Options
  • 16-09-2009 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭

Similar to last years meeting at The Coachmans where we had a huge turnout and travelled through Swords,Malahide,Portmarnock and on up to Howth a similar run has been arranged for all Classic cars on Sunday 27th.

It is open to everyone, no specific Club involved, all are welcome. We had a diverse selection last year and hopefully this will be a nice way to round up the year, though an "Indian Summer" could see a monthly run.

Anyway we plan to meet again at The Coachmans near Dulin Airport circa 9.00, leaving at 9.30 sharp to drive south to The Beehive and meet up with enthusiasts from other areas for some tyre kicking, chat and some refreshment when the pub opens followed by a leisurely drive home.

This event will go ahead unless the weather is really terrible in which case we will move it to a week later.

Add your name and car type if interested and spread the word.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

MercMad wrote: »
    in which case we will move it forward a week
    Wow - you can bring it forward to the 20th if the weather is bad on the 27th! You must have swapped the Merc for a DeLorean! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Lauder

I will be there. Although the Nine O'clock start on a Sunday is a bit tough. Any chance of moving this up to 11 or so?

Lauder - MGB Roadster

• Registered Users Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭Kersh

If its the following week, and the weather is good, il bring the 308 out (for the 3rd time this year :o ). Here's hoping :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Wow - you can bring it forward to the 20th if the weather is bad on the 27th! You must have swapped the Merc for a DeLorean! :D

........I just do 88mph in reverse !!!

Original post edited to reflect my lack of a DeLorean ! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Is it just a run that is on that day or will there be a bit of a show on at some stage where people can buy and sell too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

chiefwiggum golf mk1 gti cabriolet

Is it just a run that is on that day or will there be a bit of a show on at some stage where people can buy and sell too?

.....its not a "show" per say. We will just gather, drive, park up and have a look/chat and take it from there.Nothing formal but it is posted on various sites and there appears to be a lot of interest so far. I reckon we could have over 20 at this stage and its early days.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭bookerboy

Just a thought Mercmad.I picked up a leaflet for an indoor classic car show at The National show centre(beside The Coachmans) which takes place on Sun 18 Oct.
    The organisers are advertising that classic car clubs can exhibit free of charge.
    If your run was on the same day you could possibly blag everyone in free of charge as a club and you would also finish up back where you started.
    As i said,"just a thought"
    I don't know anything about the show but if their leaflet is true there seems to be alot going on and everyone would benefit from a roof over their heads if the rain shows up

bookerboy wrote: »
    Just a thought Mercmad.I picked up a leaflet for an indoor classic car show at The National show centre(beside The Coachmans) which takes place on Sun 18 Oct.
    The organisers are advertising that classic car clubs can exhibit free of charge.
    If your run was on the same day you could possibly blag everyone in free of charge as a club and you would also finish up back where you started.
    As i said,"just a thought"
    I don't know anything about the show but if their leaflet is true there seems to be alot going on and everyone would benefit from a roof over their heads if the rain shows up

............actually that is a good idea, and I have spoken with the organisers already.We may do a "Boards" meet up specifically for that, but it is over a month away so we will do the run on the 27th aswell !

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Kevin_Herron

Hope to make this run. The last one was good craic.
    Hopefully the weather holds up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

I'll pop along for brekkie. I'm only down the road in greystones so I don't think I'll be driving out to the coachmans. :) I'll be bringing the Chevy camper.

could be a doubt for the run as car in garage and mechanic hasnt started it yet..will update soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

Has the beehive agreed to open for breakfast early then???

They will open early if we give them enough numbers !

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭3nero

anyone got a rough idea what time the convoy will be passing bray?
    i might join in :cool:

We will be leaving Coachmans at 9.30 sharp, not sure of planned route, M50 or tunell, but it wil be N/M11, Jaws will confirm later.

The Beehive was to open 1 hour earlier if there was enough interest, I think there was, either way it will only mean kicking tyres for a little longer if its standard opening times, but brekkie WILL be available either way.

Looking forward to seeing as many as possible, keep spreading the word, all are welcome !

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

MercMad wrote: »
    M50 or tunell
    Tunnel would be a bit of a waste IMO. Why not show off your motors by driving through Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Lauder

I agree, We should drive through town. It will be quiet at that time on a Sunday and a tad more scenic than the M50 or tunnel.

Tunnel would be a bit of a waste IMO. Why not show off your motors by driving through Dublin?

...........except there will be a few US V8's which sound fab through the tunnel.

We'll see what the concensus is in the morning !

The chap in the Beehive is taking a chance and opening early, we couldn't conirm numbers.It would be great if as many as possible could come along in support! Bring everyoneyou know has any interest in cars !

well i'll try and catch you guys on the N11
    i'll be in a yellow VW van (or a blue vw variant if the van refuses to wake up :D )

and a friend of mine said he'll bring his renault 12 ;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

I'm having a lie-in for a change (well sort of, got things to do), and for that reason, I'm out. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

I took a few photos from at the M50 / M11 merge as you were going past.

PM me if you want the photos, tried to up load them here but was taking too long.

Cars spotted include
    Blue american saloon
    white frog eye
    two tone station wagon
    bmw 2002?
    Scimitar
    Red corvette
    red Mustang
    large green station wagon
    X 19 red
    Red Alfa
    Silver SL coupe
    silver porsch
    yellow MG.

Not very good on the names of the american cars. If some one wants I can put all the photos on a cd and send them to you.

trad wrote: »
    I took a few photos from at the M50 / M11 merge as you were going past.

PM me if you want the photos, tried to up load them here but was taking too long.

Cars spotted include
    Blue american saloon
    white frog eye
    two tone station wagon
    bmw 2002?
    Scimitar
    Red corvette
    red Mustang
    large green station wagon
    X 19 red
    Red Alfa
    Silver SL coupe
    silver porsch
    yellow MG.

Not very good on the names of the american cars. If some one wants I can put all the photos on a cd and send them to you.

..........I was passenger in the "blue american saloon" which was a '69 Charger.

Those last 4 weren't actually with us, though we did spot plenty of classics out & about, and I spotted you taking the shots too !

So this would have been you then

IMG_2284.JPG

Nice turnout:D

feckin raging i missed this..the cabby was in the garage getting a timing belt and service....100% i'll be there for the next one

:mad::mad::mad: even more so now ive seen the pics and al the great stuff there...dream car is that that trans am...

At least half of you must have gone through Bray. I was taking photos on the M50 / M11 merge for nearly an hour and only got less than half of whats in the picture

At least half of you must have gone through Bray. I was taking photos on the M50 / M11 merge for nearly an hour and only got less than half of whats in the picture

Well i'm from bray, so i kinda had to go through it:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

So this would have been you then

IMG_2284.JPG

Damn fine looking Charger that!

Advertisement