Adebayor (Mod warning Post #35) - Page 2 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-09-2009, 12:55   #16
enviro

Stand in the bold corner for the rest of the day, tut tut

Seriously it has to be 3 games plus for the cowardly stamp and he will prob get a large fine (small to him tho )

Funny old game it is, Scholes gets red for his two fouls and Adebayor stays on the pitch for his. Hardly consistency.
Advertisement
14-09-2009, 12:56   #17
Mr Alan

was that stamp more blatant than Adebayours?

imo no one can say for sure he meant to rake Van Persie.

Last edited by Mr Alan; 14-09-2009 at 13:07.
14-09-2009, 12:57   #18
ROCKMAN

There is talk of a third incident (a stamp on Fabregas) been also investigated by FA this morning in one or two papers .

Think he'll get 4 games and a fine for the stamp
14-09-2009, 12:58   #19
BaZmO*

The way I see it, he was stupid to run to the Arsenal fans to celebrate and the distance covered made it even worse. I'm sure the Arsenal fans were giving him dog's abuse but he's the professional and as such should've behaved in a professional manner. And he rightly received a yellow card for the incident.

As for the stamping. He definitely meant it, but I find it funny the outrage that ensues when incidents like this happen. It seems people only call for extended match bans when the player connects when they strike out. If you go down that route well then you'll need to start handing out extra bans just for intent.
14-09-2009, 12:59   #20
jaykay74

Quote:
Originally Posted by enviro View Post
Funny old game it is, Scholes gets red for his two fouls and Adebayor stays on the pitch for his. Hardly consistency.
Scholes was sent off for 2 yellow which was correct even if he tried to pull out of the 2nd challenge, it was too late. The ref didn't see Ade incident so couldn't do anything about it. I don't see the inconsistency.
Advertisement
14-09-2009, 12:59   #21
Royale with Cheese

3 for the stamp and a sizeable fine for the celebration would be fine, but I won't complain if he receives more than that.

Also there is no U in adebayor.
Thanks from:
14-09-2009, 13:02   #22
enviro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Alan View Post
was the ban more blatant than Adebayours?

imo no one can say for sure he meant to rake Van Persie.

imo he knew exactly what he was doing, not planned pre match (could never prove that) but he took the opportunity to hurt Van Persie when it arrived.
14-09-2009, 13:03   #23
enviro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay74 View Post
Scholes was sent off for 2 yellow which was correct even if he tried to pull out of the 2nd challenge, it was too late. The ref didn't see Ade incident so couldn't do anything about it. I don't see the inconsistency.

The ref was looking right at it! Look at the videos on youtube
14-09-2009, 13:04   #24
Wreck

Quote:
if he gets 6 its a ****ing farce tbh, and i hate the bloke.
Well imo it should be at least a three match ban for stamping on a guy's head - you'd get longer in rugby where some raking is allowed. Then you have the challenge on Fabregas which was really poor as well and the FA are looking at it. Finally the incitement charge. I'd be really surprised of he gets less than 6 matches.
Advertisement
14-09-2009, 13:05   #25
Headshot

of course he ment that stamp

look at the velocity of his leg on the way down
14-09-2009, 13:08   #26
tomred1

I think the stamp was an accident as after he makes contact he puts his hand to his face but it would never had happened if Van Persie tackle wasn't reckless, so Van Persie got what he deseved for making a reckless challenge. If further action is taken on him it should be for his celebration.
14-09-2009, 13:11   #27
ntlbell

Quote:
Celebration was already punished wasn't it?

When did the PL change their rules that they could review an incident that already had action taken by the ref?
an ex ref was explaining it on one of SSN the other night, i can't recall the exact wording but he can be punished.
14-09-2009, 13:13   #28
Mitch Connor

I don't think there should be debate about whether Adebayor ment to stamp on Van Persie.

Maybe he didn't mean to rake his face as he did, but he certainly ment to kick/hit/stamp on him in some way.
(2) thanks from:
14-09-2009, 13:16   #29
Headshot

Quote:
Watmore said: “I was pretty unimpressed really because the problem between Arsenal fans and Adebayor is well documented. He ran the whole length of the field to celebrate so we will have a good, close look at that one on Monday when we have seen it again. Our governance team will look at both of the incidents that have been highlighted and they will come to the media with their answers early next week.

“I will ask my team to look very carefully at what he did and then we will bring it forward to the disciplinary process. The punishments, if we get that far, are the decision of the individual commissions, so let’s just look at the facts in the cold light of day on Monday morning and take it from there.

“The issue with the fans is that he ran the whole length of the field. I thought the stewards did a great job in calming the situation down. It was to Manchester City’s credit that nothing else happened.”
14-09-2009, 13:20   #30
fortuneg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomred1 View Post
I think the stamp was an accident as after he makes contact he puts his hand to his face but it would never had happened if Van Persie tackle wasn't reckless, so Van Persie got what he deseved for making a reckless challenge. If further action is taken on him it should be for his celebration.
You're right Van Persie deserved to nearly catch a stud in the eye, have his face raked & his hand stamped on for that reckless challenge.

It was a cowardly act on an ex-team mate and deserves at least a 4 game ban.
Scum like him cannot be allowed to get away with such blatant acts of senseless aggression.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion