Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What was going on over the sky tonight?

Options
  • 12-09-2009 12:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

Anyone else see what was happening from about 23:30? About 20 meteorite-type things coming from due north, spread over 15 minutes! Any idea?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

sunnyjim wrote: »
    Anyone else see what was happening from about 23:30? About 20 meteorite-type things coming from due north, spread over 15 minutes! Any idea?

Do you live far north?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭glennb

hmm i didnt see it but the moon is looking odd whats going on with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

The space shuttle discovery was due to land around then but had to abort. Maybe you saw that? It has since landed at approx. 1:40AM

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

I saw these too, in North Dublin? not like north county....anyway my friends said they were like flying lanterns? an asian manmade thing supposedly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Yeah, north dublin. All of them had a similar trajectory, but were between 10s and 1 min apart. They seemed to curve off west and then fade/peter out.

I was thinking that they were lanterns, but they didn't exactly come from the horizon, ya know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Bloody chinese lanterns again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

glennb wrote: »
    hmm i didnt see it but the moon is looking odd whats going on with it

It's reaching a low point on the horizon. Scattering through more atmosphere makes it look coloured. And its visible throughout the day too, which is nice :)

Advertisement