Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SKY Remote clone.

Options
  • 06-09-2009 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

I have already posted this in the satellite forum, but especially for Donegal members. You can get a remote control in the 2 euro shop in the courtyard in Letterkenny that will replace a genuine sky remote for only 2 euros plus batteries. (3 aaa size). If you can get to Derry then they are in stock for one pound sterling in the poundcity shop in Waterloo place. See attached photo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

You should post that in Bargain Alerts as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭jonnygee

Aye, I thought that was where I was posting, usual Saturday night brain explosion again. Will leave it for now though. Can you move it Muffler? please.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,880 ✭✭✭✭muffler

jonnygee wrote: »
    Aye, I thought that was where I was posting, usual Saturday night brain explosion again. Will leave it for now though. Can you move it Muffler? please.
    I will have to get one of those myself.

Right moved to BA

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭christo82

These are available in €2 shops in Dublin also. The one on Moore Street for definite and probably others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Also available in Castlebar and Galway 2e shops for anyone interested!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Any cheap Sky+ clones?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

i`ll try and pick one of those up tomorrow
    the bottons on the one we have are on the way out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Something about the bizarro version of the Sky remote depresses me deeply. I've got two fakes here, one a regular Sky remote and one a Sky+ one. Both had the good sense to copy angle for angle the real remotes. It even has the Sky button with 'Sky' in the exact same font as the real things. To say that sort of design 'inspiration' ventures into a legal gray area is stating the obvious. But what do I care!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

Syferus wrote: »
    Something about the bizarro version of the Sky remote depresses me deeply. I've got two fakes here, one a regular Sky remote and one a Sky+ one. Both had the good sense to copy angle for angle the real remotes. It even has the Sky button with 'Sky' in the exact same font as the real things. To say that sort of design 'inspiration' ventures into a legal gray area is stating the obvious. But what do I care!

where did you get the sky+ one as the buttons on mine are wearing out?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

I got a brand new official sky+ remote , latest generation, on eBay for only 9 quid including delivery. There are loads of them there, go lookie...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

9 euro is excellent, I cannot buy them at trade price even close to that
    spockety wrote: »
    I got a brand new official sky+ remote , latest generation, on eBay for only 9 quid including delivery. There are loads of them there, go lookie...

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

€3 for a Sky remote - there must be some negatives - no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭dohouch

greendom wrote:
    €3 for a Sky remote - there must be some negatives - no?
    Very limited code list for TV's

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Checked this afternoon and they have this Sky remote in the Euro2 shop in Harbour Place (Dunnes Stores) shopping centre in Mullingar, they also have a universal remote control for €2.

Couldn't find the Sky+ remote on ebay for €9 inc. p&p but did pick one up for €12.65 inc. p&p from an ebayer in Cork.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭markyboy

Picked one up on Oliver Plunkett Street Cork today. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

picked up one today
    working with samsung tv perfectly

Do-more wrote: »
    Couldn't find the Sky+ remote on ebay for €9 inc. p&p but did pick one up for €12.65 inc. p&p from an ebayer in Cork.

Ordered the Sky+ remote yesterday afternoon and it arrived in this morning's post! Great ebay seller.

invest4deepvalue.com

Do-more wrote: »
    Ordered the Sky+ remote yesterday afternoon and it arrived in this morning's post! Great ebay seller.

can you post a link?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Have one meself. Theyre pretty nifty, got it in the €2 shop in town a while back. Works great. Just a bit silly with the extra buttons that serve no function. Otherwise works a treat

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Jammyc wrote: »
    Have one meself. Theyre pretty nifty, got it in the €2 shop in town a while back. Works great. Just a bit silly with the extra buttons that serve no function. Otherwise works a treat

€2 and you get extra buttons - now that is a bargain:D

• Advertisement

superfly wrote: »
    can you post a link?

Linky

I see there is now a note on all his listing!
    The seller of this item is away until 14 September 2009. You may purchase this item, but there may be a delay in processing your order.

invest4deepvalue.com

just ordered one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Ronan Raver77

Must get one as ours isn't working again..I Don't know if its the sky box at this stage!!!!

Advertisement