Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Hall - Anyone else get accepted?

Options
  • 27-08-2009 2:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

Anyone here got accommodation at Trinity Hall? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭danishidiot

Just got the e-mail! I'm in room 91.05.02! Its pretty expensive tho....parents aren't liken the price too much but sure that's the way the cookie crumbles! Any one else in the same room as me? Or can anyone figure out how the college room numbers work? My friend got is in the same room which is great news as well....wOOt!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭johnl

Has rent there fallen in line with other accommodation in the city?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

Yep, along with campus accommodation. But only by a token amount of a couple of hundred for the entire year, I think.

Not really good enough, is it.
    Needs more deregulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

88.01 for me!

Roll on :cool:

• Advertisement

timmywex wrote: »
    88.01 for me!

Roll on :cool:

Sounds like a radio station!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Alexl

I stupidly didn't check the closing date for applications:(:(:(!!!!!
    Put in application 3 days ago and hopefully might get in on second offers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 diluvial

Has anyone who got a second round offer (i.e. today) managed to register to apply for trinity hall on the accommodation site? My sister has been trying unsuccessfully all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭dog_pig

85.06.02 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 joannapedrina

Hi! I'll be in room 91.09.06.
    Anyone know what it means ?

• Advertisement

diluvial wrote: »
    Has anyone who got a second round offer (i.e. today) managed to register to apply for trinity hall on the accommodation site? My sister has been trying unsuccessfully all day.

It takes a while to update the system, people who applied first round had the same problems!

Hi! I'll be in room 91.09.06.
    Anyone know what it means ?

91 is the house number.

09 is the apartment number within the house

and 06 is the room number within the apartment!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭MrPain

Does anyone know do they put you in apartments with people doing similar courses?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

MrPain wrote: »
    Does anyone know do they put you in apartments with people doing similar courses?

Not usually.

The only apartment that has people selected specifically is the Scéim Chónaithe, which this year I believe will not only be select apartments, but an entire House, made up of people who got the Scéim, who'll get their subsidy etc, and also people who applied and didn't get the subsidy. They're trying to set up a mini-Gaeltacht by the sounds of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 diluvial

timmywex wrote: »
    It takes a while to update the system, people who applied first round had the same problems!

Thanks. Just after I posted it started working.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 funkadelica

Hells yes! 89.09 for the win, anyone else in house 89? Cant wait now (:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

I'm in 87.03, the heart of the mini-gaeltacht :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 v87

I'm in 86.05...not sure what to expect of trinity halls, considering that I don't even know Dublin at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

91.05.00 for me. Hop to see you all around!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

A Neurotic wrote: »
    I'm in 87.03, the heart of the mini-gaeltacht :)

Collecting monies, and speaking the Queen's glorious language?;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

A room to myself. Delighted!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 emz4

Origionally posted by A Nurotic
    "I'm in 87.03, the heart of the mini-gaeltacht"

Im in 87.06! does that mean im in d mini gaeltacht? I luv Irish an all bt im nt sur im ready 4 dat!
    Cant wait tho! So happy i gt in cos i dont kno dublin at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Gloom wrote: »

A room to myself. Delighted!! :)

11? Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭emollett

11? Wow.

Cunningham house. The numbers go up really high, i think i was 79.03.38

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Gloom

Well, I can't afford the modern houses so, I am still happy with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 580 ✭✭✭karlr42

emz4 wrote: »
    Origionally posted by A Nurotic
    "I'm in 87.03, the heart of the mini-gaeltacht"

Im in 87.06! does that mean im in d mini gaeltacht? I luv Irish an all bt im nt sur im ready 4 dat!
    Cant wait tho! So happy i gt in cos i dont kno dublin at all!
    You clearly don't love English, however.
    How much is the rent, anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Femke

I didn't hear anything, does everyone get an e-mail or just the people that are accepted?

Anyway, my number's not on the list I found somewhere else on the forum but I'm a one year student.. And I've read here before that one year students always get accommodation (on campus) but Trinity sent me and information package a few months ago and it said there were only very few rooms available for international/one year students?

I'm worried about not finding anything :(

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭t0mm

In my experience they usually do put people doing similar courses together. I started doing science, shared a room with people doing science, and the rest were meds. I know another appartment that was all nurses (two in fact), and another made up entirely of Eurostuds and TSMs, all of which were studying a language, and another of people doing either BESS or MSISS. My take on it is so that you are all leaving and coming home at the same time, so if you all have 9.00 starts you won't have the waster arts students compaining about being woken up in the morning, or the studious med complaining about being kept up late by said waster arts student.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

^Hmm. I was in correspondence with someone in the residence office about my application (long story) and she told me that the point of the personal statement is to put people with similar interests (music or sport or whatever) together. Maybe that applies to courses too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭rhapsody!

Does anyone know if vegetarians are put together? I mentioned in my application I'm vegetarian so I was hoping I'd be put into accommodation with vegetarians.

Advertisement