Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physiotherapy

Options
  • 24-08-2009 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

What's it like up through the years? Could you get by fine without prior LC-level Biology & Chemistry (the latter which, I detest)?

Any info welcome, thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭rororoyourboat

Hi FiveTwenty, I don't do physio myself but I've lived with and made friends with loads of the current batch of fourth year physio students since first year (now going into fourth year myself!) - so I've heard them moaning and complaining about everything to do with their course by this stage! :pac:

As far as I know, biology is the most important science to have done, and there is a compulsory physics module you have to do in first year (This is pretty similar to the LC course, having done physics myself).

To be honest, I'm not sure how difficult it will be without biology and chemistry, but as far as I can remember, biology is more important than your dreaded chemistry!

It seems like a really interesting course and one of the friendliest I've ever encountered!

Hope that helps a tiny bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Liffordkeeper

Hey, I'm doing physio too next year, and I didn't do physics for the LC, but from what I've heard, although biology is important for the course, you can manage without having done it. The same also applies for the other 2 science subjects i presume. I guess as long as you don't detest all 3, you should be pretty fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 liamflag101

i'm just finished 2nd year and all i did was physics for my leaving. biology slightly helps with the physiology modules at the beginning but it gets more complex from there on. doing physics made the physics modules a doss. just turned up for the exam and aced it....very similar to LC course.

Advertisement