Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony MDR-RF800RK FM Wireless Open Headphones - €40 delivered [Ebay Powerseller]

Options
  • 11-08-2009 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭

Was looking for Wireless Headphones and just decided on these from Ebay:

31XXSE7SCHL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
    Buy it @ Ebay

Contacted the seller this morning who told me postage to Ireland would be insured and have to be signed for an extra £4.77 so all-in, got the headphones plus delivery for £33.76 (€40).

Reviews on Amazon are quite favourable too!

Cheapest I could find the Amazon link above - which worked out at just over €50 (incl VAT & Shipping).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

cheers, I'd be interested to hear how you get on with these, my last pair of sony's (about 4 years old) have that annoying hiss but I'm sure the technology has come on, it would have to with so may houses having multiple wireless devices now

• Registered Users Posts: 26,192 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Let me know how you get on with them. Do they only connect to a 'headphone slot'?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭BearsyBoo

just a bit of heads up i bought headphones of a power seller on ebay before high end dj ones that turned out to be fake not saying this is the case just letting people know to be cautious

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

wardy32 wrote: »
    just a bit of heads up i bought headphones of a power seller on ebay before high end dj ones that turned out to be fake not saying this is the case just letting people know to be cautious
    Cheers wardy.

Checked his feedback alright before buying - he appears to have sold a number of earphones in the past (Bose included) and hasn't recieved any negative feedback.

But something to definitely be aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

I think I'll get me a pair of these. I'll blame you basquille when my credit card people start knowing on my door...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,236 ✭✭✭Esse85

Can a person use these to listen to the tv?

Esse85 wrote: »
    Can a person use these to listen to the tv?
    If the TV has a headphone socket.. then yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Just subscibing to this thread for when someone posts a review, will be buying if they're any good, really want a pair but have been let down in the past, DO NOT ever buy a pair of these from Aldi or Lidl, utter sh1t both times Ive tried, they'll give you your cash back if you complain though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Thanks. Might get these

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

Is it possible to plug two devices (or more) into one of these?

• Advertisement

Recieved these at lunch-time..

Only got a chance to hook them up and listen to them for about 30 seconds before I had to get back to work.

First impressions are they're definitely more comfortable than my other Sony "cans". Nice soft material on inner ear. Sound seemed quite good but I just popped on the start of an episode of 'Dollhouse' so it probably wasn't a great test. Will try it on some music this evening.

People were mentioning they found it difficult to insert the batteries on Amazon... they must have been on "shrooms"! :D Was a breeze. It's a nice setup - you plug in your base unit into the power, and into your device you want to listen to wirelessly. There's a plug to charge the headphones then on the base unit that you just hook the headphones into when you want to charge.

Oh.. and for those who are wondering if they're only work with a headphone jack. They came with a 3.5mm to RCA adapter as well (as below):

CC399FM_LR.jpg

Just noticed they appear to be all gone in the Ebay link.

How many here bought one so?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,192 ✭✭✭✭noodler

basquille wrote: »
    Just noticed they appear to be all gone in the Ebay link.

How many here bought one so?

You can't hook these up to a games console or dvd player can you? Would it have to go thru the TV?

Advertisement