Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patient testimonies for hair restoration in Blackrock clinic?

Options
  • 03-08-2009 10:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

It's a long shot I know , but I'd really like to contact people who've had treatment at this apparently refutable but very expensive centre. I've decided that I do want to follow this line to prevent further hair loss and hopefully regrow some or eventually have a graft. I'm not here to debate the merits of hair transplants or vanity etc. I'm just wondering whether anyone has had such or knows of someone who has. The doctor was on the Late Late Show and there is a number of patient testimonies on the Clinics website, but as we all know these may not be typical. There is cheaper options in Ireland, but have heard some awful patient testimonies. Anyway I'd appreciate any experiences.
    Best wishes
    A

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

Filan wrote: »
    It's a long shot I know , but I'd really like to contact people who've had treatment at this apparently refutable but very expensive centre. I've decided that I do want to follow this line to prevent further hair loss and hopefully regrow some or eventually have a graft. I'm not here to debate the merits of hair transplants or vanity etc. I'm just wondering whether anyone has had such or knows of someone who has. The doctor was on the Late Late Show and there is a number of patient testimonies on the Clinics website, but as we all know these may not be typical. There is cheaper options in Ireland, but have heard some awful patient testimonies. Anyway I'd appreciate any experiences.
    Best wishes
    A

Don't go to any clinics in Britain or Ireland- they have a reputation of being butchers. If you have decided to go for the op, hten get on a plane and go to the States or Canada. Over there, you can get a FUE transplant, so you won't be left with a huge scar on the back of your head.

I haven't got it done, but I have researched the procedure quite a bit, and the overwhleming opinion on hair-loss forums is that British/Irish surgeons should be avoided. Personally, I wouldn't be in favour of a hair transplant because I think that the results are quite poor, even when they're done by the best surgeons (eg. Dr Feller in the States). The basic problem is that there's just not enough donor hair to cover the area. For example, take a look at Silvio Berlusconi- he had a hair transplant, and he probably went to the best surgeon in the US because money is no object to him. His hair probably looks okay I guess on a man his age, but if he was in his 20s or 30s, I just wouldn't look right (imo of course). I suppose it really depends on how much money you're willing to invest, and how the hair transplant would actually suit you.

Above all else, you need to do your research before you commit to this procedure. Have a look at some of the hair loss forums (hairlosstalk, hairsite etc), and you will learn what the best options for you are. There are some very knowledgeable posters on those forums.

Btw, what age are you, and what norwood are you?

Also, that late late show was an absolute joke- avoid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Filan

I'm nearly 31 and have decided that I won't live bald and I'd rather not wear a wig or Hair system, although I have heard that Hair Systems can look very good. Some people may be happy to shave their head but I'm not and thats my choice. I've short hair now but thats only because of the recession, I'd like to have long hair but with considerable recession I'd look ridiculous. I really need to see someone, if only to stabilise hair loss and hopefully have a graft later.

Advertisement