Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Hair Extensions

Options
  • 23-07-2009 10:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Anyone Know Where I Can Get Cheap Clip In Human Hair Extensions Like Good Ones?...Thanks:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭YT

Hairspray on wicklow street. They have a website aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Yeah my friend got hers there too and they look lovely. Nice and natural.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Not to Worry at the end of Talbot Street (quite close to Connely station). Theyre cheaper than Hairspray afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭1071823928

my friend got really nice ones in that place in stephens green, think she paid about 70e for them?
    i used to get them on moore street for about 40/50 for a huge pack and buy a bag of clips and sew them on. lasted me for ages aswell and you can haggle with them too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dear2asha

Hi Hanner,

Can you kindly provide with the name of the place on Moore Street from where you used to get the hair extension, will be of great help. Thanks.
    hanner wrote: »
    my friend got really nice ones in that place in stephens green, think she paid about 70e for them?
    i used to get them on moore street for about 40/50 for a huge pack and buy a bag of clips and sew them on. lasted me for ages aswell and you can haggle with them too!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 OoOROiSiNOoO

I've gone through so many sets of hair extensions, my favourite set is from Not To Worry on Talbot Street! Mine were €37 for 18" hair, its so thick and 100% human hair. You have to buy the clips separately for €15. I've had them for 6 months and they're in perfect condition! I wear them nearly everyday and everyone thinks it's my real hair, even though my own hair barely goes past my shoulders :D

Also got a pair on Moore Street before and they were €20ish 18" but they're thinner than the Not To Worry set.:cool:

Got a set in Hair Crazy in Omni Park SC in Santry and they were really really thin. They were €50 and definitely woundn't buy them again!!:mad:

But the worst pair I got would be from that place in Stephens Green. They were €50 and were thin to begin with but 4 months later they were so lifeless that I stopped wearing them! But then again, I do curl and straighten the extensions a lot so that could have been my fault (but my Not To Worry set and Moore Street set are fine after all that styling, however) :confused:

But my hair has a few different mid-dark brown tones so it blends in quite easy with various shades of brown extensions. My friend (blonde) couldn't find her shade in Not To Worry (she found it in Moore Street) so shop around for your colour if you think your hair colour will be hard to match!

Oh and you can dye and highlight your extensions once its 100% human hair
    however I've found split ends on my extensions as a result of not using heat protection spray or conditioning treatments so take care of your extensions, whether they cost €40 or €400 :pac:

Hope that helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 pineappletastic

I find the ones from hairspray go really tatty! My extensions have started to like knot at the nape of my neck its horrible! Are the ones from talbot street good? Cos im sick of this and it looks dredful!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I find the ones from hairspray go really tatty! My extensions have started to like knot at the nape of my neck its horrible! Are the ones from talbot street good? Cos im sick of this and it looks dredful!!

Are they clip-in or permanent? How often do you wash them and what shampoo+conditioner do you use? What kind of brush do you use on them and do you section your hair off when you dry it?

The reason I ask is - and don't take offense - I doubt Hairspray are selling crappy hair. They've been around for a few years now and they supply a lot of salons so I doubt they'd still be around if their hair was low-grade Indian (the cheapest type & most likely to knot and matte). If the hair is of decent quality then it may well be that you aren't looking after them correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

The thought of having someone elses hair clipped on to my head baffles (and tbh repulses) me, but the "low grade Indian hair" comment depresses me.

As you girls would say: Like, eeewww!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

I agree. 'low grade indian hair' indeed. Who the hell would put that near their head?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

As you girls would say: Like, eeewww!!!!!

Why the need to say that?

Just because a person uses hair extensions or happens to know a bit about them doesn't make them a bimbo, as your comment would suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Theres a new liquidation shop in The Square in Tallaght, they have a good few packs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I agree. 'low grade indian hair' indeed. Who the hell would put that near their head?!

Well.. it's not labelled "Low-grade Indian hair" in the shop :rolleyes:
    It's sold to people by unscrupulous stockists/extensionists.

Low-grade is often made from balls of hair found at a dump, having been removed from a woman's hairbrush and placed in the bin. At best it's non-cutically correct and messed up (hairs placed the wrong way round...look out for little black 'dots' on the ends of hair, that's usually the roots of the hair, processed by someone dodgy), and coated with silicone to make it look nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

eth0_ wrote: »
    Well.. it's not labelled "Low-grade Indian hair" in the shop :rolleyes:
    It's sold to people by unscrupulous stockists/extensionists.

Low-grade is often made from balls of hair found at a dump, having been removed from a woman's hairbrush and placed in the bin. At best it's non-cutically correct and messed up (hairs placed the wrong way round...look out for little black 'dots' on the ends of hair, that's usually the roots of the hair, processed by someone dodgy), and coated with silicone to make it look nice.
    I was jokin, i have extensions, they look fine, dunno, don't care whose head they came off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

unreggd wrote: »
    Theres a new liquidation shop in The Square in Tallaght, they have a good few packs

Saw that a few weeks ago!
    They're also selling tubs of bleach and various dye kits, salon shampoos and tools etc ... If anyone's in the area (Tallaght), it's well worth a look, if you do your own are / are considering doing your own hair.
    The prices were very reasonable, when I had a look! :)

I got my extensions in Hairspray off Grafton Street. Paid 160 euro for 2 packs of hair (80 euro each), both containing 2 thick strips of hair with six sturdy clips (on each strip).

Got them a few months ago and they're still in very good condition, despite being styled (hair straightener) quite regularly.

I've also bought hair extensions from eBay - They were MUCH cheaper (about 30 euro for a "full head" which was eight pieces of hair, with various amounts of clips on each piece) but I found the quality wasn't great and the hair wasn't thick enough -Even when I had two "full head" packs in my hair, it wasn't enough!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Magenta

unreggd wrote: »

Thanks for that, gonna head there on Monday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Yetti2012

Ok maybe someone would tell me the place to go for my hair type as I seem to be having no luck finding the full clip piece for red hair. I see small scrungies and the like but not the full clip in piece for red's.

This is the type I am looking at which clips in at the back.
    http://www.hairandhealth.co.uk/products/wonderful-waves/9599

I typically dye my hair Clairol's Light or Medium auburn.
    http://www.clairol.com/niceneasy/niceneasy/shade_palette/pkg_converter.jsp

Any suggestions whether Hairspray, Not to worry or some other place would be the best?

Or does anyone know if you can dye the full clip in piece?

Sorry I am new to hair extensions but would love to use them.

Advertisement