Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advert 4212 Netbook - €229 @ Pixmania

Options
  • 20-07-2009 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭

Here @ Pixmania

g_01373788.jpg

Intel Atom N270 @ 1,60 GHz,
    1024 Mb,
    80Gb HDD
    8.9" Screen
    XP Home English

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

really like the looks of this, did anyone buy it? Whats the battery like, do you recommend an upgraded battery??

can anyone recommend this? I am considering getting this today... never used pixmania though so hoping they are reliable, also, has anyone got a code they arent using ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

codes for Pixmania generally cover only purchases over €300.

this code I think expired yesterday but you can try it

Pixie090301: €7 off when you spend over €300

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

I have this laptop. Got it in Currys about a year ago. Very easy to upgrade the memory to 2GB and the hard disk is 2.5 inch SATA and I have upgraded this also.

The battery life would be a couple of hours but if you download the latest bios update for a MSI wind U100 you can set the processor to run slower on battery to increase battery life.

I find this great for traveling and use it a lot on foreign travel and on the train, coupled with a 3G dongle it is a great device.

You can also swap the wireless card for a HSDPA 3G WWLAN card which takes a sim and gives you the 3G onboard. You will then need a dongle for wireless.

The newer model has this built in.

You can also get a touch screen kit. If you search the web for msi wind U100 you will find loads of information about modding and upgrading it. You can also run leopard on it quite successfully but I have not tried this.

thanks very much for the info that is so so helpful!!

Bought it yesterday :D Cant wait to get it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Hmmm......unnecessary........yet so so tempting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

would anyone know if you'd be able to run windows 7 off this when it's released?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Windows 7 system requirements

If you want to run Windows 7 on your PC, here's what it takes:

* 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
    * 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
    *16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
    *DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver

It should run, but might not be the smoothest... TBH, I wouldn't bother trying to upgrade this machine to run Windows 7 but that's just a personal choice.

uh... anyone know where to get a large battery for this that would be reliable? Hardly want to go to the Hong Kong end of ebay to get one... itll be f*cked in 3 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭draoicht

dingding wrote: »
    I have this laptop. Got it in Currys about a year ago. Very easy to upgrade the memory to 2GB and the hard disk is 2.5 inch SATA and I have upgraded this also.

The battery life would be a couple of hours but if you download the latest bios update for a MSI wind U100 you can set the processor to run slower on battery to increase battery life.

I find this great for traveling and use it a lot on foreign travel and on the train, coupled with a 3G dongle it is a great device.

You can also swap the wireless card for a HSDPA 3G WWLAN card which takes a sim and gives you the 3G onboard. You will then need a dongle for wireless.

The newer model has this built in.

You can also get a touch screen kit. If you search the web for msi wind U100 you will find loads of information about modding and upgrading it. You can also run leopard on it quite successfully but I have not tried this.

Are you sure its the 4212 you have and not the 4211?
    The 4211 is a rebadged MSI Wind but the 4212 is a rebadged ECS G10IL
    http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/advent/laptop/4212.htm

• Advertisement

anyone know where to get a large battery for this that would be reliable?

Advertisement