Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neuro Vision for Lazy Eye Adults

Options
  • 14-07-2009 12:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭

http://www.neuro-vision.com/amblyopia/index.html

Hi all

Has anyone here any experience of using this treatment for adults with lazy eye? I've only recently been reading about it and it looks very good. It has been approved in the US by FDA for lazy eye correction - something which I've been told by numerous optician was impossible. Is it too good to be true? Looks like basically a computer program that "trains" the bad eye back to a state that it can be corrected with standard lens. It would be a miracle for me as I can only see the second line of the eye chart with my lazy eye and no lens improves it.
    They do this treatment in the wellington centre in dublin too.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭SuperHans

I've also been looking for something along these lines, but am sceptical. Just ask yourself ,"If this ACTUALLY works, why isn't it in widespread use?". It isn't, hence my scepticism, but am open to other peoples thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

SuperHans wrote: »
    I've also been looking for something along these lines, but am sceptical. Just ask yourself ,"If this ACTUALLY works, why isn't it in widespread use?". It isn't, hence my scepticism, but am open to other peoples thoughts?

how much does it cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

I'd be fairly sceptical too. But the Wellington clinic is pretty reputable

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭knuth

God damnit, I just posted a thread on this a minute ago. Searching for "Neurovision" showed only 1 post (not this one).

I'm going to call the Wellington Clinic and get a price / more info about it.

I'll post up the details when I'm done!

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Cool, let us know what they say :)

• Advertisement

Did you call them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

Called them yesterday morning, the consultant wasn't in. Anne something - she'll call me first thing on Monday morning. If not, I'll call her :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Austin 3:16

Hey there Lord,

Did you hear anything back from the Wellington Clinic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 123abcde

any updates on this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

Just spoke with the Wellington Clinic about this. The first consultation is €80 and then any follow ups are €65. The treatment is done from home with computer software. Im having some information sent out to me. Like the rest of you guys I havent heard much about this but I'm willing to try anything, and the price is double figures as apposed to the four figures I was expecting (at least I hope it isnt that much).

I'll let you know If I go ahead with it and the outcome.

any updates on this?

No phonecall received from them since late 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭darraghsherwin

Are the Wellington Clinic still doing this treatment?
    I contacted them a few months ago and they said they would get back to me but never did.

Thanks
    Darragh

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Shazamm

This might be a bit off topic, but i'm wondering if anyone has ever thought about LASIK surgery for their amblyopia. It seems as ifnothing else works.
    A study has been done in the link below:

http://www.lasiksurgerynews.com/news/lasik-amblyopia-0607.shtml

Interesting - anywhere I've queried has immediately put optical / laser out of the equation.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Shazamm

heres another link stating the same thing

http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=17793237

• Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Happened to see this thread on the front page. There's treatments being developed for lazy eye using the Oculus Rift virtual reality headset at the moment. It's come up on the Oculus Rift VR reddit a few times. ie. a software program in development with specific visuals and excercises that will run on the consumer version of the Rift VR headset when it launches to the public next year. Heard $400 mentioned for the program. A Rift will cost about 300 but you'll be buying one of those anyway because VR is going to be amazing for so much else anyway. :D

Advertisement