Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

And the winner is....!!!

Options
  • 06-07-2009 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭

<Drum roll>

Ladies and gentlemen, live and exclusive from the extravagant awards hall here in...well, my house actually!

So without further ado may I present to you your winners!

Thread of the year

Well it has to be said that this one was a bit of a one horse race in the end. The nominators seemed to have mixed feelings - most considered it to be a stroke of evil genius - but there is no doubt that a worthy winner of thread of the year (with a huge 52% of the overall vote) is.........

The 1000 mile thread

Yay!!!

Performance of the season
    Someone once said that to win a race you have to beat everyone who turns up. But to set a record you have to beat everyone who's ever turned up.

To set not one but two national records during the one event was a stunning performance and one recognised by 49% of the voters to make Enduro's run in the World 24hr Championships a well deserved winner. Hurray!!!

Athlete of the year
    This one started out neck and neck and with just a few votes separating three athletes (in the end second and third were divided by a single vote). But the winner pulled out a big lead in the closing stages of a long race.

Which was kind of fitting really, all things considered. The award was probably won on the back of the MdS but it seems fiting that it's awarded when she's away doing 2 IM's in a week. With 47% of teh vote your Athlete of the season is HunnyMonster

Which leaves just one award -

Poster of the season...

Straight fight here between two very different posters. One pops in occasionally and sprinkles nuggets of gold around. The other is a vital, central plank in this platform. Without either of them this board would be a poorer place but without the winner this place would be unrecognisable. No 1000 mile thread. Probably no Boards AC. No centrally planned speed sessions. No Boards singlet. The list goes on - and on. And a totally deserving winner, ladies and gents, Poster of the Year is Woddle!!

A huge congrats to one and all (esp to Woddle for doing a double), let the all night drug fuelled, paparazzi snapped, star attended red carpet party begin!

fireworks3.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Well done Woddle, Enduro and Hunnymonster. Worthy winners :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Enduro

Thanks all. I really am humbled by that. Its nice to be (virtually) standing beside A.R.T. legends Woddle and Hunnymonster.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

Well done all!

I am sure it is even better to be honoured by your peers!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Well done everyone, haven't been here too long, but you don't have to be here too long to see the impact that you have made, and are continuing to make on the boards community and athletics in Ireland and the World, the most worthy winners in my book

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Well done all worth while winners and i sure that no one would begrudge any of them or even argue with the merit of their achievements

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭Abhainn

Well done to all the winners.
    You all definately deserve your titles

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭Seres

well done guys , when are the autograph signings ?!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭MCOS

Well done HM, Enduro and Woddle.. well deserved. I hope to meet you all one of these days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Great choices and well deserving winners. Well done all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

Wow amadeus you managed to do what the Irish Government still haven't mastered. Organise electronic voting !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Wow amadeus you managed to do what the Irish Government still haven't mastered. Organise electronic voting !

But where's the paper trail?! Recount!!

Only kidding! Well done Woddle, Enduro and HM, very well deserved!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

well done to everyone(and amadeus for tallying the votes)
    really well deserved for all concerned

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Thanks Amadeus and congratulations to the worthy winners.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Whilst I was outraged not to be nominated in ANY category - the ones that won are the ones I voted for seeing as I couldn't vote for myself. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Well done guys :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

:D cheers everyone, only catching up on threads now after a weeks holidays, honoured to be mentioned in the same breath as 2 actual class athletes such as hunnymonster and enduro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭Enduro

Just back from my trip abroad and log on to see my shiny new Avatar! Thanks to whoever set that up, it's great!

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Magnet

Enduro wrote: »
    Just back from my trip abroad and log on to see my shiny new Avatar! Thanks to whoever set that up, it's great!

Gonna get me one of those! :cool:
    Congrats guys its gonna be something of a challenge to come up with ideas/preformances to outshine ye....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

The thanks and credit need to go to Gerky from teh Digital Art & Design forum for the shiny avatar (which is very cool!) and Seamus the Admin who made the changes. HM is a subscriber so apparently she can update her own details and give herself the medal!

There may have been a dashingly handsome moderator involved somewhere along the line as well :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

the shiny avatar

I thought it was something to do with Spongebob Squarepants :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement