Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farmer's Market at Emo

Options
  • 06-07-2009 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭

Has anyone been? Do you even know about it??

It's being held every other Sunday just inside the gateway of Emo on the left.

We were there yesterday, it wasn't too bad. Very top heavy on cakes/bread though. Not me, the market LOL! Well, me too actually after walking around :o !!

Got some great scallops from a fish guy there too and I'm normally a bit dodgy about buying fish somewhere 'weird' but they were gorgeous. Gave me a little recipe for them too :)

Bouncy castle and a go kart thingie for the kids too. Nice way to kill a couple of hours on a Sunday if you're bored.

Next one is on July 19th from 11 til 4 if you're bored or fancy getting the family out in the air for the day :)

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Has anyone been? Do you even know about it??

It's being held every other Sunday just inside the gateway of Emo on the left.

We were there yesterday, it wasn't too bad. Very top heavy on cakes/bread though. Not me, the market LOL! Well, me too actually after walking around :o !!

Got some great scallops from a fish guy there too and I'm normally a bit dodgy about buying fish somewhere 'weird' but they were gorgeous. Gave me a little recipe for them too :)

Bouncy castle and a go kart thingie for the kids too. Nice way to kill a couple of hours on a Sunday if you're bored.

Next one is on July 19th from 11 til 4 if you're bored or fancy getting the family out in the air for the day :)

We were there for the first time yesterday aswell. Nice spot and well organised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

I missed the Scallops:(

I must go on the 19th or Aug 5.

Apart from fish and bread what other stands are there ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

I missed the Scallops:(

I must go on the 19th or Aug 5.

Apart from fish and bread what other stands are there ??

Cakes, plants, cakes, wooden wheelbarrows, cakes, tunisian pottery, cakes, meat, cakes, strawberries, cakes, pesto, cakes, hot bacon rolls, cakes...think that's about it. Did I mention cakes :D

And as Kikel will confirm, I'm actually not exaggerating about the amount of cake stalls!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭h8red

Cakes, plants, cakes, wooden wheelbarrows, cakes, tunisian pottery, cakes, meat, cakes, strawberries, cakes, pesto, cakes, hot bacon rolls, cakes...think that's about it.

Don't forget there's a guy with a vegetable stall. At least there was the last time I was there.

h8red wrote: »
    Don't forget there's a guy with a vegetable stall. At least there was the last time I was there.

Oops sorry...there was also a veg man on the left as you went in. You can see where my focus was though can't you :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

have went a few times since it started its a lovely day out we normally go up to tea rooms after i think its brill. I hear OPW trying to put a stop to it already!!:mad:

• Subscribers Posts: 41,362 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Oops sorry...there was also a veg man on the left as you went in. You can see where my focus was though can't you :D

:eek:

i read that as 'vag man' first time... made it sound very weird...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Princess_N

I was out there last week, thought it was lovely, unfortunatley it was raining so we didn't stay long,

• Subscribers Posts: 41,362 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

slightly off topic but i see a town market advertised in portarlington every friday starting next friday 17 july... behind kellys in the square... (where the carnival is this weekend)...

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭barochoc

Hi, I've been looking for markets all around Dublin & surrounding areas.
    I was hoping to set up a stall selling all types of light bulbs from standard incandescent to halogen & CFL (Compact Fluorescents) to LED's. To many to list in all honesty.

Can anyone here advise me on the best markets & where is this market behind EMO?

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

barochoc wrote: »
    I was hoping to set up a stall selling all types of light bulbs from standard incandescent to halogen & CFL (Compact Fluorescents) to LED's. To many to list in all honesty.

Can anyone here advise me on the best markets & where is this market behind EMO?

barochoc, can't help you with the best light bulb selling markets :D but I know that Brian Woods is one of the organisers for the Emo Market. He owns Irish Collectibles which is where the main gate of Emo is and where the market is held. I'm sure Irish Collectibles has a phone number in the phone book...

HTH..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 TantraKat

Went to the market on Sunday and got some fresh fish - Hake and Squid, they were fab. There is also an indoor craft market there reasonably priced stuff too. I was told that they are running it every weekend at the moment to see how it goes. Went for a lovely long walk around Emo Court gardens after as sun was shining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 brentremble

barochoc wrote: »

would definitly look af the fairyhouse down beside rathoath.
    I lived in Dublin 15 untill recently and used to go down there every sunday!
    Everything down there,
    Only thing is it is regular people there (both venders and customers)
    So you will have to invest a few sundays before you see a higher number of sales!!

hope it helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I actually drove home (from Cork) and went past the farmers market on Sunday. all I saw was a sign and some cars in a car park but no sign of a market. Was it tucked away somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

I was there on Sunday and I was a bit disappointed to be honest with the lack of stalls. Although I did get talking to one of the stall holders and he told me that there is normally a hell of a lot more. There was also a sign too which apologised for the lack of stalls owing to the Bank Holiday.

I would have thought though that the Bank Holiday weekend would be the ideal time to attract custom and if it was me I would have ensured my stall was up last weekend.

I will give it another go.

Got some nice cheese and veg.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

undecided wrote: »
    have went a few times since it started its a lovely day out we normally go up to tea rooms after i think its brill. I hear OPW trying to put a stop to it already!!:mad:

Thats a bad rumour you heard and definitely not true. I know some of them over there and they are delighted with the market there and the relationships are all good. They've been v supportive. The whole thing works very well; gardens, house, tearooms and market. Fair dues to Irish Collectables for pulling it all together. It takes a while for markets to take off but its proving reasonably popular.

Is it possible for someone to put up the upcoming dates for the market?

TIA

Roaster wrote: »
    Is it possible for someone to put up the upcoming dates for the market?

TIA

Hi, I have a leaflet here that I got there last week.

Dates are as follows: -

August 30th
    Sept 13th
    Oct 4th and 18th.
    Christmas schedule TBA

11am-430pm

www.irishcollectables.com.

05786 46043.

Hope that helps.

Cheers An Ri rua!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Derrin

Hi,

Just to let you all know the remaining summer dates for Emo Craft & Farmers Market

May Sunday 29th
    June Sunday 12th & Sunday 26th
    July Sunday 10th & Sunday 24th

You can check out the photos of stalls trading at the market on the Emo Craft & Farmers Market on Facebook.

Hope to see a few of you there soon!

Teresa

Looking forward to that. The wholes estate is looking very well now that May is here and the trees are covering the avenue in again :)

I see the tearooms have a new website also. www.emotearooms.ie. a trip to the market and then to the tearooms or the house is fantastic. I use it for 'entertaining' foreign visitors when I can. Showing off. And they love it.

Advertisement