Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlsberg Export 15x440ml cans €15/ Slab of Bavaria €26ish

Options
  • 04-07-2009 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

Bought 15 x 440ml Carlsberg Export cans in Tesco Mahon Point today for €15. Decided to buy 2 cases and i did the math and 2 cases is more than 24 500ml cans.

So i got more than a slab of Carlsberg Export for €30

BTW its 5%:D

EDIT: they also had a slab of Bavaria (Blue) for 26 or 27 euro. cant remember exactly

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Hogzy wrote: »

EDIT: they also had a slab of Bavaria (Blue) for 26 or 27 euro. cant remember exactly

After Drinking export for the night you would be hard pressed to remember much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Pretty good deal, must be in all the Tesco offies, just picked up some Carlsberg in Ennis

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭eoin99

Bought 15 x 440ml Carlsberg Export cans in Tesco Mahon Point today for €15. Decided to buy 2 cases and i did the math and 2 cases is more than 24 500ml cans.

So i got more than a slab of Carlsberg Export for €30

Yup, the Bav is €26 for a slab. Picked up two today in Tesco Wilton for Oxegen....Nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Just enjoying my cans now. Out of curiosity, these (the Carlsberg) are the same as you buy up north (i.e. the 440ml cans), obviously tesco are just getting their delivery trucks to drive a bit further. But why not do it all along?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

omahaid wrote: »
    Just enjoying my cans now. Out of curiosity, these (the Carlsberg) are the same as you buy up north (i.e. the 440ml cans), obviously tesco are just getting their delivery trucks to drive a bit further. But why not do it all along?

Part of Tesco's new run on cutting their prices by replacing Irish brands, or the Irish version, with the cheaper British counterpart I assume

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

In that case lets hope this isnt a bargain alert and a long term price drop!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

It could very well be, Carlsburg is constantly ''on offer'' in stores like ASDA in the north for around £7-10 for 12-18 cans depending on what day/week you hit them

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Tesco still have the 15 can(440ml) pack for €15

Advertisement