Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert dreams

Options
  • 30-06-2009 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

Anyone got theirs yet? My brother said that you'll get them for years after you do it, about to take the exam with nothing prepared.

I had my first one a few days ago-had to do the German oral again:(

Had nothing prepared but for some reason was real cocky and spoke absolute crap!:D Then I realised I was naked and woke up

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

haven't had one :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭arthistory

Yep several!!! And always that I'm just about to walk into the exam and I know absolutely nothing!! strangely also had a dream about having to do an exam for subjects I don't even do!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Shmee

I had none during or before the exams then about a week ago my bro asked me if i had any, then of course that night i did. . . :(

. . . . I was on some weird beach and it was cloudy and i remembered that i wasnt on my summer holidays at all and i still had a religion exam to do(never even did it) in 20 minutes and i was going to b late. . . i knew this because there was a floating clock up a hill beside this beach(?). so i ran up the hill to my mams car to drive to scool but my dad was washing it and said it was too dirty to drive(?). Then i got all dizzy and worried and woke up............. tru story :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I have nightmares about my french oral :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I woke up one morning a few weeks ago panicking because I had overslept and had only a few minutes to get to the exam hall to sit my English paper. I also had nothing prepeared because I had forgotten all about it until I woke up.

I did my Leaving Cert in 2007.

So your brother is right Gi joe!, some people do get those dreams years afterwards! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Yes.

I had a dream I was doing English Paper II again. I had to do a 3 page essay and I only wrote 8 lines. Then I got up and started asking my friends what they're writing down :p.

The study room was tightly packed and it seemed to be endless. Even my brother was there taking the exam. And he did the L.C in 2005 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,845 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I did the LC last year, and I keep having dreams that I am either about to go into my English exam completely unprepared, mad late, or am about to get my results, or got my results and they were terrible.

It always takes me a few seconds to realise it was all a dream though.
    Scary feeling, those few seconds. :(

Don't have LC (2002) dreams anymore, but in the last few years the dreams about college finals (2007) have replaced them.

I've had two or three in the past few weeks.

The first one I had was about maths. For some reason, I was doing the maths exam lying on a bed; you know when you try to write while lying on a bed you just can't get comfortable? Well that's what it was like. Worse than that, I couldn't remember how to do anything at all. It was horrible. And, oddly, my maths teacher was supervising and walking around helping people who were stuck.

My second dream was very unusual. After everybody had finished all of their exams, it was announced that they would have to take another. This new exam was a mix of every other exam; for example, I remember there being two maths questions on it, the English essay and some chemistry. The odd thing is, it was worth 100 points, but you couldn't use it for your overall points. I remember after the exam I punched my cousin in the face because I was talking to his mother and he interupted...

I haven't had any in a week or two now though, so hopefully they've stopped.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

It was always Irish for me.
    Gi joe! wrote: »
    Then I realised I was naked ...

Yep, inevitably.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Yes the night that I finished and the night after I dreamt we had just gotten the results and I failed miserably.

I woke up both relieved and pissed off that 1) I havent failed and 2)..yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Dmullar

I had a drea just last week where me and one other guy out of my class were in the class sitting the applied maths exam (which neither of us do), and i was getting really freaked out as I didn't know anything, and he started laughing at me!:(

That dream managed to wake me up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

I've literally had one every night for the past week.
    Last night was that I was sitting English paper 1, and my English teacher was supervising, so people went up to her in the middle of the exam and were asking her for help. I then realized I had only twenty minutes to do the essay, and when I turned to the page there were only five choices, three of them asking to compare particular books which I hadn't read, and the other two were just a random mix of words which I didn't understand, and when I asked my English teacher for help she was like 'oh, too bad, you should've studied.'

Always got the feeling she never liked me :rolleyes:

Then I woke up, fell back asleep and had another where we got results, and all of my friends got A1s in Irish, while I got a B3 in English, a C3 in Irish, an A2 in maths and failed everything else.
    I actually woke up feeling so sick.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭bythewoods

I never got any of the dreams when I did my LC last year, or ever, before this week, oddly enough.
    LC '09 cracked me.

I had 2- one was a pretty boring Biology-related one, where I kept puking all over everything. Nothing too exciting.

My Chemistry one was pretty exciting though.
    I was, for some reason, sitting it in the library in town, with students from my old school (Now finished their first year of college) and the format of the paper was all wrong.
    So, naturally, I started to cry and ran out of the place, into the centre of the city screaming at randommers, begging for help.. but nobody could hear me or somesuch.
    Anyway, yeah, I went back in and failed or something. And became a Pharmacist.

Woke up then, trying to convince myself I hadn't actually ballsed up Chemistry.

I'd been considering moving Pharmacy up on my CAO form- it's now 7th (Med is 1-5) but I was going to have it 6th, my definite medicine back-up.
    After the dream, I've wanted to remove it altogether :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I dream about the results every night,pretty much. Very standard,generic dreams. Failing,crying,people trying to reassure me, me screaming at them,my parents being indifferent to the whole thing initially but then going bat **** crazy.... I did have this lovely one though,where my results were printed on a page with a background photo of The Killers playing in my school. That developed into a full blown fangirl dream,and I completely disregarded my results and wallowed in my happiness.

Oh,and I had a scary one about physics. My physics exam was an unholy diaster,but in the dream I got everything right and was totally assured of getting an A. But I left the exam without handing it up,and even though I hadn't even gotten outside the exam hall,the super wouldn't accept it. I woke up in a cold sweat after that one,actually.

I think it'll only get worse as August approaches :/

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

i had a dream last week that i got my target points, but i failed Irish... A pass subject.
    i hada go back and repeat, i was heartbroken:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

I had a dream about a subject I didn't even do for the leaving.

On a slightly related note. Does anybody here dream in black and white?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭pacman.podge

i had a dream last nite that my highest precentage was 35 haha hope its not a sign of whats to come!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

Actually had one today. I had to study for Tech Graph which is a subject I don't do so obviously I was ****ting it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭pearliefan

I had a dream the night English P2 was cancelled... basically we went into school the next day and most of the papers had been leaked and I was just sitting down in a room with my history class wondering what had come up on the history paper. everybody was quite upset to say the least!
    and then I woke up:):pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

:eek:Yes actually!
    I thought I was going mad because I've never had dreams about exams before... well rarely. :confused:

I keep dreaming that I sleep in and miss loads of my exams [because I'm a really heavy sleeper]

Others include me waking up and realising Economics is on tomorrow and I've done nothing and can't remember anything.

And the running out of time occurs in some of the dreams. Like only having 5 minutes for 2 sections of History or something.
    And I've had dreams that nothing I want comes up on my papers - that for English total different course poets come up!

I hate having them. I feel so exhausted after them and the feeling of panic doesn't disappear. :(
    ANd it's funny because during the exams I was relatively fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Gi joe! wrote: »
    Anyone got theirs yet? My brother said that you'll get them for years after you do it, about to take the exam with nothing prepared.

I had my first one a few days ago-had to do the German oral again:(

Had nothing prepared but for some reason was real cocky and spoke absolute crap!:D Then I realised I was naked and woke up

Christ I have been having a lot of those recently and I did my LC in 1996..!!

For some reason, it's always the Irish written paper I am unprepared for. Strange as it was my best subject and I got an A2 in honours.

Didnt know it was a common occurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Had one about a week ago about Physics.

Was doing the exam in some weird place, along with a whole load of weirdos. Then I left and went to the shop to get away form them. Met my friends at the shop and we all decided to go back and complain to the examiners about these weirdos. Then we were told we had to do the exam again the next day haha :)

Mad, trippy dream! Haven't had any since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

Ive nightmares about those awkward silences that were in the french oral:(

you know the ones when you hadnt a clue what to say and the examiner would try and give you a chance not liking to cut you off

god that was the worst 12minutes of my life:D

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

Secoundrow wrote: »
    Ive nightmares about those awkward silences that were in the french oral:(

you know the ones when you hadnt a clue what to say and the examiner would try and give you a chance not liking to cut you off

god that was the worst 12minutes of my life:D

This was reality for me in the irish orals. i had this big mental block then noticed the examiners oddly bushy eyebrows which i couldnt look away from... all i managed to say was "sea" for the entire time:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

I had one about Physics. For some reason Borat came up somewhere on the paper. I remember acing the section on Borat. Logically, I dunno where Borat could appear on the Physics course, although hazarding a guess it would probably have been around Lenz's law.

I had another one about the opening of the envelope.:o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭-ME-

I've had three in the last week, just when I thought I'd forgotten all about the LC!

For the first one, I forgot to put my LC art work into the folder because I was trying to cheat and it all went wrong. I therefore instantly lost 62.5% and failed.

For the second one, I didn't do the essay in English Paper 1, the Comparative Essay or the Unseen poem cos I didn't have enough time.

In the third one, I got my results and I got an A1 in French but a C3 in English and a C in History so was pretty disappointed. It's such a relief to wake up after them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 xxcocochanelxx

I've had several...once had a dream that i was paralysed inside in the exam and i couldn't grip the biro, and nobody would help me, not even the examiner!!:(
    Also the weekend of the english paper 2 hiccup i had a dream that the examiner that f***ed up the exam was in fact my father! scary stuff.
    For weeks before the leaving cert. I used to have really scary nightmares about being late for the exam and not being able to remember a thing!:eek:
    but ive had a few good ones about getting really high points...hahaha:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 xxcocochanelxx

I had a dream about a subject I didn't even do for the leaving.

On a slightly related note. Does anybody here dream in black and white?

yea I do sometimes...actually I think everybody does no??

does anybody have dreams wher there actually paralysed and you're trying to move but you cant?? hard to explain really:rolleyes:

gosh this thread has taken a weird turn..

Advertisement