Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultrasnow is available

Options
  • 23-06-2009 8:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Good Morning All.

Ultrasnow was relased at approx 06:15 this morning.

I ran Redsnow on my 3g 16GB and jailbroke my 3.0 version of iphone software, then added repo666.ultrasn0w.com repository to Cydia and then downloaded Ultrasn0w

I am now running my 3g 16GB 3.0 firmware with a Vodafone Ireland SIM in it.

Yahoo :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Evergreen wrote: »
    Good Morning All.

Ultrasnow was relased at approx 06:15 this morning.

I ran Redsnow on my 3g 16GB and jailbroke my 3.0 version of iphone software, then added repo666.ultrasn0w.com repository to Cydia and then downloaded Ultrasn0w

I am now running my 3g 16GB 3.0 firmware with a Vodafone Ireland SIM in it.

Yahoo :D

apart from not being able to install official updates via itunes, is there any other issues at all?or does it work perfectly?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Evergreen

Apart from not being able to get official updates I can't see any problems.

It syncs with i-tunes as normal so you can update your music and apps without any worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Whats the difference between using this and using redsnow/bootneuter to unlock (or does that only work with 2g iphones?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭v10

madrab wrote: »
    Whats the difference between using this and using redsnow/bootneuter to unlock (or does that only work with 2g iphones?)

Bootneuter is for the 1st Gen not the 3G model I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Took the plunge myself just there... upgrade to iTunes 8.2 and then upgraded my iPhone 3G to iPhone OS 3.0... proceeded to worry because I thought I wouldn't be able to activate iPhone... remembered iPhone would be activated whilst being jailbroken... used redsn0w to jailbreak... added the repo to Cydia... installed ultrasn0w... rebooted... picking up Meteor network fine... farted about with data setting for about half an hour... all seems fine now. Woohoo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭coadyj

ok so we need to get a confirmed list of all carriers

so its

Vodafone 1
    O2 0
    Meteor 1
    Three 0

anyone else like to add their success

MMS Settings for vodafone are

MMSC: www.vodafone.ie/mms
    Proxy: 10.24.59.200:80

APN: mms.vodafone.net
    Username: dublin
    Password: dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Working on meteor here in limerick! seems perfect so far.

Has anyone got the mms settings for Meteor?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,481 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

link for those interested

The blog index is down but this is the page for ultrasnow including a "how to" guide :)

how do you hacktivate with red snow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

tested on both meteor and 3....works perfect :D

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Evergreen

coadyj wrote: »
    how do you hacktivate with red snow?

Download red snow and extract either Mac or PC version from zip file, then run it the same way you would Quickpwn. The program will look for the firmware back up, once it has located it then it's just a waiting game.

Very easy

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭tripswitch

coadyj wrote: »
    ok so we need to get a confirmed list of all carriers

so its

Vodafone 1
    O2 0
    Meteor 1
    Three 0

anyone else like to add their success

I've just jailbroken and unlocked a US AT&T 3G iPhone running OS3.0 with redsn0w + ultrasn0w and it's working on an Irish O2 sim now.

The only thing missing is that MMS messages can't be sent. Anyone know why? (MMS can be received and obviously the MMS functionality is there in the OS so I can create a message, it just fails at the very last bit of the "sending" progress bar.)

Do I need to set up some MMS server settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

am having trouble with this, was on 2.2 using meteor network and tried to jailbreak there by restoring to 3.0 following the iclarified.com tutorial, im getting unable to restore error code 10? have i bricked my phone, its trying to restore itself to 2.2.1? wtf? its not letting me connect to itunes, so presume i have now lost all my data as well?

help pls!!

also is it ok to leave the meteor sim in the phone whilst jailbreaking?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭anoble66

Hi Smyths,

No, you need to put in an original SIM, so an O2 SIM. Once in, it will activate with Itunes.

Are you still getting the error? If you are, make sure your using Itunes to first upgrade to 3.0. Then run redsn0w and jailbreak.

thanks for the reply i cant find the original o2 sim dont even know what the old number was to get a replacement! am i screwed? or can i downgrade the phone to use my meteor in it as before?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Just go o2 and get any 3g sim, should work fine,

smyths wrote: »
    also is it ok to leave the meteor sim in the phone whilst jailbreaking?

I just jailbroke my iPhone without an O2 sim .. in fact I had no sim in it while jailbreaking it .. and it worked fine.

I didnt put my (vodafone) sim into it until I had installed ultrasn0w.

anoble66 wrote: »
    Hi Smyths,

No, you need to put in an original SIM, so an O2 SIM. Once in, it will activate with Itunes.

Are you still getting the error? If you are, make sure your using Itunes to first upgrade to 3.0. Then run redsn0w and jailbreak.

incorrect, redsn0w will hacktivate it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭666bxg

do you need to upgrade to iTunes 8.2 in oreder to jailbreak / unlock the iPhone 3G?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

666bxg wrote: »
    do you need to upgrade to iTunes 8.2 in oreder to jailbreak / unlock the iPhone 3G?

I believe so.

At least I did to unlock/upgrade my 1st Gen iPhone to 3.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Hi,
    I have a 3g iphone that I have been using for the last year.
    I upgrade to os 3.0 when the update came out.
    I bought a 3Gs on Friday and decided to give the missus my old 3g.
    I followed the steps but I could not make or take calls on the meteor sim?
    It is picking the network up but when I try to call the meteor number it looks like it has picked up the call but it still ringing from the phone that is dialing?
    I restored the phone and tried again and still the same.
    I tried it again and again and eventually got it to work and all seemed fine for about 2 days, after that the service kept dropping with the affect that sms cant be sent. If I go to settings/carrier, metoer is only available sometimes?
    Can anyone help me with this before the missus kills me?
    Thanks
    Sham.

Sorry I think I posted this somewhere else but can't remember where.

sham69 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have a 3g iphone that I have been using for the last year.
    I upgrade to os 3.0 when the update came out.
    I bought a 3Gs on Friday and decided to give the missus my old 3g.
    I followed the steps but I could not make or take calls on the meteor sim?
    It is picking the network up but when I try to call the meteor number it looks like it has picked up the call but it still ringing from the phone that is dialing?
    I restored the phone and tried again and still the same.
    I tried it again and again and eventually got it to work and all seemed fine for about 2 days, after that the service kept dropping with the affect that sms cant be sent. If I go to settings/carrier, metoer is only available sometimes?
    Can anyone help me with this before the missus kills me?
    Thanks
    Sham.

Sorry I think I posted this somewhere else but can't remember where.

When you ran redsn0w to jailbreak the phone, did you install Cydia, Icy or Both ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

just cydia.
    I just did it again and its working but who knows for how long..
    Seems to keep dropping the signal for ages at a time.
    Might be a dodgy sim but she only got it a couple of months ago as a replacement for an older one.
    Cheers for the reply.

sham69 wrote: »
    just cydia.
    I just did it again and its working but who knows for how long..
    Seems to keep dropping the signal for ages at a time.
    Might be a dodgy sim but she only got it a couple of months ago as a replacement for an older one.
    Cheers for the reply.
    OK, the only reason I asked is I found when Icy was selected (with or without cydia) on redsn0w the phone and any application install after that was very buggy .. so just install cydia only.

I would definately try a new sim in your case ..

Advertisement