Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portlaoise Pig Race - When?

Options
  • 22-06-2009 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

Hey.. when is the famed Portlaoise Pig race .. I know it's in August, but cannot seem to find the date for the event for this year.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,353 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

more importantly...

... why???

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

Hey.. when is the famed Portlaoise Pig race .. I know it's in August, but cannot seem to find the date for the event for this year.

Think you might be talking about the race that took place on the main street for the world fleabh last year.
    Unfortunately it not in Potlaoise this year:o

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

moose112 wrote: »
    Think you might be talking about the race that took place on the main street for the world fleabh last year.
    Unfortunately it not in Potlaoise this year:o

Possibly am.. actually probably am.. woman in the shop said it was on for the august bank holiday but wasn't sure of the dates .. thought I'd come here to ask..

Alas.. hopes = dashed!

Actually no .. credit to the woman..
    PIG RACE

On Monday afternoon a Charity Pig Race will take place on the Main Street, Portlaoise. With full running commentary throughout the race and considerable betting taking place, this could be considered a serious event. A special green carpet will be laid to protect the little pigs trotters, and a vet will be on stand-by, just in case. The event will commence at 2.00pm and as well as providing great entertainment, two local charities will benefit substantially.

http://www.magnetportlaoise.com/activities.php

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭moose112

:o who comes up with these ideas

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Diamond007

Ye its August Bank holiday again.. It's already been on twice this year, for the Fleadh and the Comedy weekend..

It's pretty funny, the pigs even wear little teddies on their backs as jockeys!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fona

Can Not Wait!!

possibly the most awesome festival thing/idea I have heard of to date :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭budhabob

I was there, thought twas great craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

I missed it :(

Hope someone got some pics

Thought it was really good.
    The rain *just* held off too, which was nice.

• Advertisement

Theres another one at holloween!

Advertisement