Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DART line north of Connolly closed due to vandalism

Options
  • 15-06-2009 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭

I was on the DART earlier heading northbound and just coming up to Killester. Just after the bridge before the station there was a crashing noise and the train grinded to a halt. It turns out that some scumbags threw something off the bridge onto the train and damaged the powerlines. I was stuck on the train for about 20 or 30 mins and ended up having to walk home from Killester... :mad:

So, because of this the DART line north of Connolly station is closed.

I'm not sure if it will be open again tomorrow morning. :(

Stupid little feckers have no regard for anyone else. It could have been a lot worse than it was. Thankfully everyone was ok.

http://www.irishrail.ie/news_centre/travel_alerts.asp?action=view&news_id=352

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

scumbags, do they not realise the problems this could cause tomorrow morning if trains arent running

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Yep. It's gonna be a nightmare for me to get to work. I could get the bus in but it will take a long time and leave me the other side of the city center from my office. :mad:

I'm sure a LOT of others will be affected too. Add to this there'll be extra traffic from people driving in to work instead of taking the DART.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

Lucky for me that I took the early train into work today! I would of been proper f***ed if the DART went out on me.

Typical scumbags, they hardly give a toss about themselves. Let alone anyone with the bad luck to be on that DART for example.

Well, it was this evening. I think around 8pm... I can't quite remember. I wasn't really checking my watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Dord wrote: »
    Yep. It's gonna be a nightmare for me to get to work. I could get the bus in but it will take a long time and leave me the other side of the city center from my office. :mad:

I'm sure a LOT of others will be affected too. Add to this there'll be extra traffic from people driving in to work instead of taking the DART.

Uuuugh +1, fu*cking scum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

complete and utter scum...their whole families should be castrated so that we can eventualy wean out these b.astards.Harsh?....no:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

hopefully given the fact that darkness is pretty short at this time of year it will give engineers the chance to repair any damage that has been done and darts will run as normal in the morning.
    was the bridge at collins avenue where the stuff was thrown from op?

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭StopNotWorking

hopefully given the fact that darkness is pretty short at this time of year it will give engineers the chance to repair any damage that has been done and darts will run as normal in the morning.
    was the bridge at collins avenue where the stuff was thrown from op?

The bridge nearest to killester would be the one going from demesen road(At least I think thats the name of it). And if OP heard the bang then they probably threw something from the bridge closer to howth rather then collins avenue. Last I checked that one is a fair bit down from the station. Right?

The bridge nearest to killester would be the one going from demesen road(At least I think thats the name of it). And if OP heard the bang then they probably threw something from the bridge closer to howth rather then collins avenue. Last I checked that one is a fair bit down from the station. Right?

This is the bridge highlighted.

killesterdart.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭markopantelic

scumbags must be dispersed of with little or no mercy. little ***** should die.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Would be great if they were caught on cctv and found. Probably too young to do anything :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭positron

Davy wrote: »
    Would be great if they were caught on cctv and found. Probably too young to do anything :mad:

The f*cking scumbags - 1 hr late to get home tonight.

I can't comprehend why there's such a thing as 'too young to do anything'.

If a person can not be held responsible, surely their parents should be held responsible for it? I can't believe the system is so impossibly flawed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Drop them in a middle of a bog and let them make their own way home :D
    either that or get the big stick out. I'd do the job.100.gif:D

Thankfully IE were able to repair the cables overnight! Fair play to them! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I remember now hearing a loud knock in the last carriage heading into town on Sat around there. Probably the same lot throwing rocks. There really should be more effort to put up barbed wire 100,000 volt fences around some areas of track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Sure do hope one of the scummers is on the bike next time.

Advertisement