Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an alternative to osCommerce?

Options
  • 13-06-2009 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I've got a job altering a site which is designed in osCommerce. I'm finding adjusting the layout incredibly awkward. Anyone else find this?

It can be done alright but I'd rather a system which separated the template files and the php scripting as much as possible. The website is due a massive expansion so I think it may be easier to setup under a different now while it's still small.

Any alternative recommendations very welcome... ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 spiderpig2k7

try 1) Joomla with virtuemart installed or 2) Magento.

Lots of addons and themes available or easily create your own

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

zencart isnt too bad. i'm not a big fan of the ecommerce plugins for standard cms solutions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 spiderpig2k7

Magento is a dedicated e-commerce solution though. http://www.magentocommerce.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Hydrosylator

I've used Zen Cart and it's pretty good, plugs into most payment handlers quite easily.

That said, Magento, which the poster above refers to, is the best looking free shopping cart I've seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Magento all the way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 littlegreenman

Magento is the way to go. Its a bit slow in running at the moment but its features are fantastic. Design can be a bit complicated though, especially the directory structure.

Advertisement