Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blue Van driving around at night time

Options
  • 12-06-2009 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

Has anyone seen this? It's been driving up my road recently at night time sometimes 3 times a night,my neighbour had an expensive flower pot stolen and last night my back garden was broken into and my bike stolen,has anybody seen this van at all?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,021 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Where? What type of Van? Have you informed the police?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shane_C

Holy god!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭thomasjad

I called the gards yeah..I live in orchard estate but I've heard it's been seen around Woodvale aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

NOT THE FLOWERPOT, ANYTHING BUT THE FLOWERPOT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Bananahammock

OMFG!! MY FLOWER POT WAS STOLEN TOO!! I THINK I'LL SEND OUT A SEARCH PARTY.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭stevie_b

NOT THE FLOWERPOT, ANYTHING BUT THE FLOWERPOT.

i reckon it was the garden gnome..... he made off with it on the bike

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

i think it's the lads who go around collecting the bags of clothing for "charity" - apparently competition is fierce, lads getting bet up and all for the sake of a few bags of rags! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Is it an ice cream van by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭Secoundrow

ya sure it wasnt the gaurds in their transit I hear their mad for flowerpots:D

seriously though moment of weakness their couldnt resist
    sorry!
    jus call the guardy:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Rosita

thomasjad wrote: »
    Has anyone seen this? It's been driving up my road recently at night time sometimes 3 times a night,my neighbour had an expensive flower pot stolen and last night my back garden was broken into and my bike stolen,has anybody seen this van at all?

There was quite a bit of stuff stolen in my estate over a couple of nights last week, whether it is the same source or not I don't know. Anything that could be sold on was taken from outside - and teh back of - about six houses, so presumably it was a van that was used anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Arciphel wrote: »
    i think it's the lads who go around collecting the bags of clothing for "charity"
    I doubt it would be them as they will likely only visit once. I've seen them go in and out of my estate quite quickly around 4:30am.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DCTF

If people could please give a proper description of the van;

Make\Model
    Possible year or reg no. even a partial reg
    No of passengers on boards and descriptions of same

Day, date, Time where it was observed

The housing estates it's been spoted in?

The one I saw was a ford transit, dark/navy blue, northern ireland reg i think, van looked about 10-15 years old. I male driver, caucasian, late twneties-early thirties, about 5-10 to 6 foot tall i would guess, medium build, short black hair (shaved) with a bit of stubble.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 hugejeans

I've seen a van like that around phibsboro.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭DCTF

The one I saw was a ford transit, dark/navy blue, northern ireland reg i think, van looked about 10-15 years old. I male driver, caucasian, late twneties-early thirties, about 5-10 to 6 foot tall i would guess, medium build, short black hair (shaved) with a bit of stubble.

If anyone can try get a reg number it can be looked into.

What estates was it seen in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Its Bill and Ben the flowerpot men

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I saw a tall blue Ford Transit in Riverwood this morning, around 9:30am.
    <snip> (though this reg is not valid - I either made a mistake or it is a fake). Two males in van, lock on back doors.

The presence coincides with a 'charity collection' leaflet that was dropped in the door on Friday or Saturday.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Whatever about describing vans, please don't post reg numbers unless it's your own vehicle or you have seen it being used in the course of a crime being committed. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Saw it today....it's picking up bags of clothes.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭roadrunner 1

this is an excellant description......... how do ye guess how tall they were, sitting in a van and in the dark and how can you only think it was a ni number yet know he had stubble and i can only assume the van had acne

• Advertisement

this really is a mad thread has anyone any idea how many "DELIVERY DRIVERS" use blue vans or builders or lscape gardeners, plummers the list goes on. surelly this thread should have started out as a community alert without stating vehicles as in truth you have no idea its anything to do with it. what if yer man is picking people up for work ye will have him linched if ye do get a number i would let the guards have it rather than post it

i do hope yer crime spree ends
    good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭thomasjad

well how many landscapers drive around 3 times throughout the night several nights a week..

thomasjad wrote: »
    well how many landscapers drive around 3 times throughout the night several nights a week..

well yer man saw it at 09:30... any way, ye proberbly right but just maybe your wrong thats all i am saying. if your right leave it in the hands of the guards posting it is a bit daft as if he/them are members you've just tipped them off that your onto them and if your wrong some poor sod could get his head kicked in

this is an excellant description......... how do ye guess how tall they were, sitting in a van

- I can guess how tall they are because i have driven the same van and know how tall i am.
    and in the dark

- It wasn't dark when i saw them, it was in the morning.
    how can you only think it was a ni number yet know he had stubble and i can only assume the van had acne

- I am not sure if it was a NI or British numberplate, I only saw the rear yellow reg, but didn't get a chance to see the reg number. I know he had stubble because i saw him as i was driving past and he was looking out his window.

Anyway, was there a point to all this?

yes there was your talking rubbish

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Thanks for the warnings, I'm sure the Gardaí are investigating if any crimes have been committed and we'll all be more vigilant in future. I think the thread has now served its purpose so I'm closing it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement