Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connemara Airshow aircraft

Options
  • 10-06-2009 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows for sure where the planes that are taking part in the Connemara Air Show will be based? Was thinking they would be at Carnmore as the show is in conjunction with Galway Airport. If they are, what ones? The blades and the Team Guinot probably, but what about Team Viper?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭ch252

It will be Carnmore, not sure what ones yet though!

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭ambasite

when is the airshow on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭vulcan57

ambasite wrote: »
    when is the airshow on?

Saturday, in Clifden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

vulcan57 wrote: »
    Saturday, in Clifden.

Beware i was at this last year and you have to take the place Clifden as a very general area. There were arrows that lead us about 15miles outside of Clifden. Lovely spot though if the weather is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

As far as I'm aware it's on or near the sight of the Cleggan Airstrip (which is still under construction), which is a fare spin from Clifden. A replica Vickers Vimy is coming over from the UK and Dave Bruton is doing a display in his Sukhoi.

• Advertisement

This year its on at Clifden beach down by the Lifeboat station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

More info here and exact location of airshow here

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭ambasite

aanyone know what time the Vimy is due to leave Carnmore?

vickersvimy.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 EI-EAY

URL%5D5simg01951jimg02021.jpgHeres a few pics from Carnmore this evening, Excuse the horrible quality from my phone.

img02021.jpg
    img02021.jpg

img0206pfg.jpg

You can get an idea of the size of the vimy if you look at me in the pic

img01951.jpg

Nice work and thanks for posting. I'm so envious, just can't get up there to take pictures, typical, one of the few occasions when there is something worth taking pictures of.

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I was there today, got some half-decent pics - will post up tomorrow. And I was on the 6.1 news! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

What time was this on at?

I saw 4 fighter jets flying in formation East over Galway City in the evening. Presumably on their way back to Carnmore or somewhere after the air show. Not sure what type of fighter jet they were, they weren't too noisy though. Wish I had been quick enough to get a photo..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Wing walkers:
    wingwalkers1.jpg

wingwalkers2.jpg

wingwalkers3.jpg

Strikemaster:
    viper1.jpg

RV-7 homebuilt:
    ei-hum.jpg

The Blades:
    blades1.jpg