Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone seen this :D

Options
  • 08-06-2009 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Check this out people . this is probably the best video game you will ever play .......................with your own AEG :) <snip>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

why just not do it for real? i do not get the point your already playing a simulated combat game called airsoft why then then go and simulate the simulated game.....

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Kristov

Puding wrote: »
    why just not do it for real? i do not get the point your already playing a simulated combat game called airsoft why then then go and simulate the simulated game.....

maybe that some people dont want to run round a feild/forrest in the rain .they can do this instead

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

maybe that some people dont want to run round a feild/forrest in the rain .they can do this instead

then they should carry on just playing cod4 ;) and quite chairsofting

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Puding wrote: »
    then they should carry on just playing cod4 ;) and quite chairsofting

COD 6 ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

you want to stay inside... stick to cod4... your range is better.

BUT... saying that, it looks rather nifty for training... on the rails removes half of the failure in airsoft... but its helpful for shooting, admitedly, they dont fire back...

as for shooting the screen... i can only wonder about the horrific richochets...

• Advertisement

ive tried it there are very few if any richochets. the screen is designed in such a way that when the bbs hit it they break and drop to the floor you are around 5 meters away from it and behind a counter wearing a mask or safety glasses so its not real an issue . the screen is 3 mtrs by 1.5 mtrs and they do shoot back the other scenarios do and if you dont hit them on time its game over there are a helluva lot of game modes on it so your not just shooting targets .

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭ASI Casper

Seems to me like a good idea to liven up the indoor firing / testing range for a shop.
    I saw one of these in action at the Fireball Squadron site in England last year. Looked pretty good and was very accurate in terms of detecting the hits.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

I tried that in germany, it was crap really, not 100% accurate and at that sort of range you'd want better.

Kristov wrote: »
    ive tried it there are very few if any richochets. the screen is designed in such a way that when the bbs hit it they break and drop to the floor you are around 5 meters away from it and behind a counter wearing a mask or safety glasses so its not real an issue . the screen is 3 mtrs by 1.5 mtrs and they do shoot back the other scenarios do and if you dont hit them on time its game over there are a helluva lot of game modes on it so your not just shooting targets .

Right.... they have designed a zeron ricochet surface that also manages to project images and sense them... id LOVE to see this...

as for 5m... ive had hits in that range from ricochets... some nasty ones too...

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

Good way to improve accuracy and encourage use of semi-auto. Using your own gun(s) facilitates the non-skirmisher also. With Irish weather a nice alternative. Overall, a good idea imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

Masada wrote: »
    I tried that in germany, it was crap really, not 100% accurate and at that sort of range you'd want better.

yeah i was thinkin that myself either the guy in the video
    couldnt hit a cow on the arse with a shovel or the whole thing is ****e

Weather? you softie! get out there and skirmish in the rain! its hardcore :D bloody paintsofters.

moggser wrote: »
    yeah i was thinkin that myself either the guy in the video
    couldnt hit a cow on the arse with a shovel or the whole thing is ****e

lol that was me i couldnt hit a cow with a barn door :)

Kristov wrote: »
    lol that was me i couldnt hit a cow with a barn door :)

at least your brutally honest lol also thought some of them targets didnt call their hits

wonder what would happin if someone lamped a thermo-barrick at it

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Its an interesting concept to be honest.
    I fail to see the market though, if i want to play an arcade game i go to an arcade.

and at a firing range , half the fun is actually hitting the targets in real life.
    Even in a kill house , you can use tactics.
    this , however, seem to be on rails.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

best of luck in the leaving cert lads :pac:

your Mastery of humour is impressive Lemming...

Lemming wrote: »

i dont get it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Lemming wrote: »

ffs, we had this thread last week, do you KNOW how to use the search function

or do you want me to.......nevermind

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

horgan_p wrote: »
    Its an interesting concept to be honest.
    I fail to see the market though, if i want to play an arcade game i go to an arcade.

and at a firing range , half the fun is actually hitting the targets in real life.
    Even in a kill house , you can use tactics.
    this , however, seem to be on rails.

There are different modes, but the "AI" (drop the I really) isn't great. There are loads of videos of it online. There was an add in Airsoft Internationl for the system about a year ago or so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Michael-O'Neill

cool! how much is it? im not payin over 20 euro
    i'd rather play airsoft but this is cool best of luck MIA

It costs one meelion dollarz, and your soul...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

moggser wrote: »
    i dont get it lol

+1 :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

off topic and link to a banned retailer

closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement