Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LGPS3000 DIVX Mod

• 01-06-2009 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

Just picked up one of these last week, full 50" 1080p for €995 :)

This model is quite similiar to the PS6000 and PS8000 but it lacks playback from USB drives.... or so I thought.

This might be useful for any one with a recent LG.

If you hold OK on your remote and on the TV set a menu will appear asking for a code. The default code is 0000.

1). Head into tool option 1
    2). Go down to media player and press right until "EMF-PMM" appears.
    3). Hit OK and power cycle the TV.

Playback from USB drives should now be enabled!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Barack Obama

Nice tip :)

But surely divx playback on a 50" TV looks woeful!

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭knuth

Nope, looks pretty decent from a recent vid I tried. You can get Divx in HD too!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭bongotime

i'd worry about screen burn and all that with plasma. they are begging in the shopping now to get rid of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Wolff

bongotime - if you are worried about screenburn - you really havent a clue -
    Thats a very ill-informed post.

Ive owned 5 plasma screens so far - never had a problem.

Maybe you posted this 5 years ago when screen burn was an issue in early models and its only updating now ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭trabpc

Oh dear seems the screenburn myth is still about!!!

Must Re-Gas my plasma tomorrow. Will LPG do the job!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭bongotime

Screen Burn still Happens to people and these tvs go down every day just like the X box 360 and the playstation 3. but you dont hear anyone taking a stand and saying no.

We want tvs that will last not ones where they only last for 3 4 years.

X Boxs go ever day. heard of 2 this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭trabpc

I had a 26" LCD that stopped working after 13 months. From some posts you read you would think its all plasmas that break.

My brothers Hitachi plasma is 6yrs old and still working perfectly

I wouldnt mind a tv that lasts 34 years !:p

Seriously though you have not got a clue really have you ? you are starting on xboxs and playstations now -

The only tvs ive had issues with were lcds - loads of dead pixels - and vertical lines -
    happened in nearly every lcd Ive owned at one stage or another

All plasmas ive owned have performed perfectly :P
    Maybe im just lucky I guess or maybe you are just trolling ?

Trabpc pass on the LPG when your finished - my plasma is nearly out

Hi,

Can you píss off elsewhere with your fanboyism. This is a thread about a mini-hack for the PS3000.

he started it ^^^ :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 XYLUNAXY

Works fine! Thank you for your posting.

Does it work to change in that "Service Menü" (point 1.1) to PS6000 or PS7000 and use all the function of these Tvs?

maybe,

you have to set it to ps6000 and then reboot the tv for it to work. I'll try later and post results.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 123Dudster

Hello.

I have an LG 50PS3000. I can enter the service menu, but I can not find a "option 1" menu. Perhaps my tv has a different software than yours? Would you be able to provide a screenshot of the service menu, perhaps it is just me who can not see the "option 1" menu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 XYLUNAXY

Choose the first row and press ok. Then you are able to see the media player options.

Has anyone found a solution for enabling the mkv play-back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 123Dudster

Hello.

I have made some screenshots of the service menus on my tv. I accessed them by pressing "menu" on both the tv set and the remote at the same time. I can not locate the entry in the menus where I can enable divx on my 50PS3000 set. Can you guys have a look and help me out. Starting to wonder if I have a different software version in my tv...:-(

17062009210.jpg

17062009211.jpg

17062009212.jpg

17062009213.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

So,whats everyones verdict on this tv so far?ive mine about 2 weeks,i recently set it up with one of those calibration dvds.

What settings are ye all using?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 d69

Hi there, I received my 50PS3000 on monday and have tried to access this menu but it doesn't seem to work. can anyone help please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DSF_70

i too have recently bought an LG 50PS3000 with the latest software.
    I cannot get to the service menu either. Does anyone have any ideas on downgrading the software or getting to the service menu within the latest software version. model: LG 50PS3000-ZB. Software version: v3.36.0

Are you sure you're holding both buttons correctly?

Try http://www.avforums.com/forums/lg-owners-forum/1019996-lg-50ps3000-service-mode.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Tried this out today,works perfectly.
    Handy I dont have to switch on the PS3 when I want to watch something now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 d69

Yip got mine working now too. Love it.

By the way does anyone know how to receive ESPN on Freeview I keep getting the message "No CI module" anyone know what this is.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

This mod only works on early firmware versions. I think fw after 3.17 wont allow the change.
    There is a chance it will work on later firmware versions if you get an LG engineers remote. But it wont work with the supplied remote.

My 50ps is 3.38 fw and it doesn't work on it.
    I dont want to enable the divx mod but I would like to be able to monitor the hour meter.

Advertisement