Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Commerce Software

Options
  • 26-05-2009 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a e-commerce package to host a online shop?

We will want to be able to handle credit cards within this package rather invoicing customers.

Resources available
    PHP and Mysql

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

Lots of options available here are some that I am familiar with:
    • Joomla with VirtueMart Plugin
    • Magento
    • osCommerce
    • Zen Cart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 littlegreenman

I'd go with Magento. Oscommerce is too dated. VirtueMart was built as an addon for Joomla, and I've always felt that it wasn't a true shopping cart.

Getting custom designs built for Magento is coming down in price every day (we do for less than 300). The Magento project is constantly being updated (nearly every two weeks there's a new version out) - which is what you want in your software. There is a little bit of a learning curve involved, but Magento is selling a PDF Ebook on how to use their software on their site for $19. That covers about 85% of what you will need to get going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

We are an IT company and we'd like to be able to sell a variety of IT products but our initial focus would be on printer supplies.

How does magneto handle categories, sub categories?
    Is there a limit to sub categories?
    Are they restricted to same amount of categories for all products of a group. ie all printer supplies use same categories.

Advertisement