Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ebay.ie let their domain name registration lapse?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Seems ok to me. Site is loading too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,099 ✭✭✭mathie

Kwekubo wrote: »
    Someone's in trouble right about now at eBay.
    The only person who is in trouble is you my good man for making b00bies appear on my machine in work!
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭reverandkenjami

I think your alone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Looks like you've got some spyware/hosts hax.

Did you click the link "Why am I seeing this site?"

lol - Someone's in trouble right about now at eBay indeed! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

ye i doubt its ebay that has the problem, i think its your computer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

How very odd... :confused: Virus scan time methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭d@rk l0rd

I'm also getting this image of a scantily clad woman when I go to ebay.ie
    Have been all day! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Looks like whoever is on Eircom gets the good lady. Some DNS issue I guess.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=2055567516

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kwekubo

mathie wrote: »
    The only person who is in trouble is you my good man for making b00bies appear on my machine in work!
    :)
    My bad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 LeotCol

I'm getting this coming up too. But I asked some friends who are also on Eircom and they said that they didn't get the problem.

Goddamn Nuseek.com, I read up on stuff and they seem to be big enough players when it comes to taking over peoples expired domains. But this is different. I haven't a clue whats going on.:confused:

And I'm on Linux atm so the chances of it being Spyware or anything are VERY slim. And its on multiple machines so....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 Muddles

Hi People, just replied to the other thread, i pin it down to Eircoms DNS, It seems to be working at the moment but i dont know for how long,

Here's The Query- Ebays Renewal isn't until 2010 April.
     domain:      [URL="http://samspade.org/whois?query=ebay.ie;server=auto"][COLOR=#0066cc]ebay.ie[/COLOR][/URL]  descr:       eBay International A.G  descr:       Body Corporate (Ltd PLC Company)  descr:       Registered Trade Mark Name  admin-c:     ABD140-IEDR  tech-c:      CCA7-IEDR  renewal:     09-April-2010  status:      Active  nserver:     [URL="http://samspade.org/whois?query=sjc-dns1.ebaydns.com;server=auto"][COLOR=#0066cc]sjc-dns1.ebaydns.com[/COLOR][/URL]  nserver:     [URL="http://samspade.org/whois?query=sjc-dns2.ebaydns.com;server=auto"][COLOR=#0066cc]sjc-dns2.ebaydns.com[/COLOR][/URL]  nserver:     [URL="http://samspade.org/whois?query=smf-dns1.ebaydns.com;server=auto"][COLOR=#0066cc]smf-dns1.ebaydns.com[/COLOR][/URL]  source:      IEDR  person:      Susan Kawaguchi - Hostmaster  nic-hdl:     ABD140-IEDR  source:      IEDR  person:      eMarkmonitor Inc  nic-hdl:     CCA7-IEDR  source:      IEDR

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

I'm getting the same (with Eircom) was fine about an hour ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Had the same in work on the pc, I thought it was some virus or spyware but done several scans and it came up clean. ebay.co.uk was working fine just the .ie one. Not sure if its still like that as I am off today :) but its not happening on my home pc, BT supplied .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

Sounds as if Eircom haven't patched their DNS servers and are the 'victim' of a DNS hijack, possibly the Kaminsky DNS Bug.

This vulnerability was known about over a year ago, so if Eircom are still using vulnerable DNS, that's a pretty big screw-up on their part. TBH, given duty of care etc, it wouldn't surprise me if there is a liability issue here... however, don't take this as gospel since I am not a legal professional.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

By running the test on this page, you will be able to test your current DNS setup for this vulnerability.

Personally, I recommend OpenDNS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Shaneod21

Thats seriously weird, but doubt ebay would let their registration lapse. Has to be a fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

They didn't, it was a DNS error. eBay itself never changed.

Advertisement