Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

JP Masters Festival 2009 Results

• 11-05-2009 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

JP Masters Festival 2009 Results

€750 (€675 + €75 Reg) NLHE Main Event
    221 runners
    Total prize pool €149,125

1st Michael Nolan €40,000
    2nd Chris Dowling €25,625
    3rd Eamonn Hogan €17,500
    4th Alan Mc Auley €12,500
    5th Mark Mc Keever €9,500
    6th Fran Egan €7,500
    7th Donal O’Connor €6,000
    8th Gerry Carrick €5,000
    9th Jason Tompkins €4,000
    10th Mick Graydon €3,000
    11th Tom Carpenter €2,000
    12th John Eames €2,000
    13th Mike Foley €2,000
    14th Graham Masters €2,000
    15th Dara O’Kearney €1,500
    16th Bobby Murphy €1,500
    17th Vinnie Mc Namee €1,500
    18th Keith Mc Fadden €1,500
    19th Luca Vivaldi €1,125
    20th Trevor Dineen €1,125
    21st Eddie Walsh €1,125
    22nd Willie O’Hora €1,125

€300 (€270 + €30 Reg) NLHE Side Event
    138 runners
    Total prize pool €37,260

1st Gerard Morgan €8,010
    2nd Mark Buckley €5,900
    3rd Barry Mc Phillips €5,900
    4th Danny Maxwell €5,900
    5th Rob Whybrew €2,600
    6th Paudie Kelly €2,000
    7th Phil Baker €1,500
    8th Paul Burke €1,100
    9th Paul Hanley €800
    10th Jim Ringland €600
    11th Brendan Smith €600
    12th Barry Mahon €600
    13th Rory Keogh €450
    14th Fionan Dolan €450
    15th Paul Lecky €450

Original prize structure:
    1st €10,550
    2nd €7,260
    3rd €4,800
    4th €3,500
    5th to 15th same as above

Change to original prize structure:

Deal done 4 handed to take €5,900 each, play on for extra €2,110 for 1st and leave €400 for dealers

€250 (€200 + €25 Reg + €25 Scalp) PLO Side Event
    45 runners
    Total prize pool €9,000

1st Nicky Power €3,600
    2nd Paul Spillane €2,300
    3rd Dave Gill €1,500
    4th Tony Rafter €900
    5th Noel Hayes €500
    6th Scott Gray €200

€150 (€130 + €20 Reg) NLHE Side Event
    134 runners
    Total prize pool €17,420

1st Redjan Bitri €3,500
    2nd Gerard Depmsey €3,500
    3rd Trevor Mc Goona €2,000
    4th Rory Purcell €1,000
    5th Lorraine Baker €1,000
    6th Siobhan Woodhouse €1,000
    7th Paul Neaves €1,000
    8th Michael Frisby €1,000
    9th Eoin Mc Cann €1,000
    10th Jim Smith €1,000
    11th Brian Maher €250
    12th Emmett Gough €200
    13th Sean Kenny €200
    14th Derek Pugh €200
    15th John Hanaphy €200
    16th Ciaran Cooney €200

Original prize structure:

1st €5,220
    2nd €3,500
    3rd €2,500
    4th €1,800
    5th €1,300
    6th €900
    7th €600
    8th €400
    9th €300
    10th €250
    11th €250
    12th €200
    13th €200

Changes to original prize structure

First €300 from 1st, €150 from 2nd, €100 from 3rd and €50 from 4th to pay 14th – 16th
    Then deal done ten handed:
    1st €4,000
    2nd €3,000
    3rd €2,000
    4th – 10th €1,000
    with €170 left for dealers

Then chopped heads up for €3,500 each

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭big_iain

Results have all been added to the rankings. Irishpokerrankings.com

JP, Christine,

Thanks you for letting IPR access to cover some of the updates on Saturday night. Tougher Johnson also gave us a hand posting here on boards and a few on IPR also.

I have to say that you guys are some team. This includes the dealers and other staff working there. I was made to feel incredibly welcome by all, and the professionalism of all staff was very impressive.

Thanks very much and i hope to work with you guys again.

Iain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

those deals for the dealers are pathetic. €400 and €170 lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

thedini wrote: »

if confirmed yes it's stingey . We got some flack for suggesting so in the update thread. almost insulting amount offered. imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭maloney333

YULETIRED wrote: »
    if confirmed yes it's stingey . We got some flack for suggesting so in the update thread. almost insulting amount offered. imo.

I really think its very scabby, but personal its up to the players that cash them self and i don't think it should be put up on a public forum on how much was left for the dealers, as if its was done to point out the fact of how little was left, a sort of name and shame ''IMO''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭PiperT

maloney333 wrote: »
    ....as if its was done to point out the fact of how little was left. IMO

FYP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

maloney333 wrote: »
    I really think its very scabby, but personal its up to the players that cash them self and i don't think it should be put up on a public forum on how much was left for the dealers, as if its was done to point out the fact of how little was left, a sort of name and shame ''IMO''

It was put up so as the prizepool would be transparent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

YULETIRED wrote: »

Any time i've ever done a deal at the business end of a tournament, i'll never go for one that leaves a tip for the dealers as part of it. Its a cheap cop-out IMO and i'd much prefer to leave my own contribution.

Maybe JP received more from the players individually, but if not, it would be bad form for him to come on here to deny it.

The amounts mentioned though are laughable and insulting, especially as they are divided up amongst however number of dealers JP had over the weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭maloney333

Don't get me wrong 400e is SCABBY amount for the dealers who were great all weekend, i like leaving my own tip instead of giving a group amount!
    In fairness im sure some players might have left there own tip at the end???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 peterpancake

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Tom Hanlon

I have to say I really enjoyed the JP Masters weekend. Fantastically run by JP and Christine and all the staff. It was my first time playing in one of these type events and I will make sure that I am available for the next one. Given the starting stack and blind structure and clock there was an incredible amount of play. The players that turned up were all good humoured and great craic so well doen to all done that played as well.

But I never saw the jelly beans JP!! :):)

Well done again JP and Christine, see you at the next one.

Tom Hanlon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JP Poker

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Any time i've ever done a deal at the business end of a tournament, i'll never go for one that leaves a tip for the dealers as part of it. Its a cheap cop-out IMO and i'd much prefer to leave my own contribution.

Maybe JP received more from the players individually, but if not, it would be bad form for him to come on here to deny it.
    The amounts mentioned though are laughable and insulting, especially as they are divided up amongst however number of dealers JP had over the weekend

I just like to point out that when posting the deals that were made we included the tip amount so that the total prize pool would be fully transparent, not to highlight any tip that was made.

As mentioned in the live updates thread I'm fairly certain that at least one player would have left his own personal tip.

I don't know if anything extra was left as Christine cashed everyone out. Christine has gone back to the states today for a holiday so I'll ask her tomorrow.

Tom Hanlon wrote: »
    I have to say I really enjoyed the JP Masters weekend. Fantastically run by JP and Christine and all the staff. It was my first time playing in one of these type events and I will make sure that I am available for the next one. Given the starting stack and blind structure and clock there was an incredible amount of play. The players that turned up were all good humoured and great craic so well doen to all done that played as well.

But I never saw the jelly beans JP!! :):)

Well done again JP and Christine, see you at the next one.

Tom Hanlon

Sorry Tom,

We kept them for the final day, I've a few left over a will give them to you the next time I see you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

JP Poker wrote: »
    I just like to point out that when posting the deals that were made we included the tip amount so that the total prize pool would be fully transparent, not to highlight any tip that was made.

As mentioned in the live updates thread I'm fairly certain that at least one player would have left his own personal tip.

I don't know if anything extra was left as Christine cashed everyone out. Christine has gone back to the states today for a holiday so I'll ask her tomorrow.

I knew it. The missing tips. :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

JP Poker wrote: »

Yeah JP that was my point. There was no way that you were going to come on here and say who left tips and who didnt. As a top TD, you'd never put any of your players in a position where they'd feel like you outted them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭mkpoker

ill agree with everypost on the scabby tip as i was 1 in the 4 left on the side game but as i posted on the night ill be catching up with jp in trinity on wednesday---to be honest when the deal was done i wasnt thinking of the money i was thinking of winning and the money is still in the envelope as when it was over i was just thyinking of bed....

once again the dealers done a fantastic job and JP ran a great weekend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭joe mckeever

Well done John paul, I Had 4 players playing in your main event, they all enjoyed it, and told me it was a top class tournament, as i knew it would be, congrates 2 Gerry Carrick cashed out 4 5000 euro,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

Sigh........ I aint gotten into a position of being able to even leave a tip in nigh on 2 years now..

I spoke to Christine about this and I can confirm the players left an individual tip on top of the one that was given when the deal was made.

Again I wasn't in anyway trying to highlight the amount of the tip at the time of the deal just trying to be transparent with the total prize pool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭JP-Christine

The only reason that I included those tips amounts for the dealers was so that all of the prize pool was accounted for in the breakdown of the prize payouts. Those amounts were decided when the deals were done.

I was never trying to point out that people did not leave appropriate or generous tips. Many, if not most, people left individual tips when they were knocked out. But I don't believe that information is anyone's business and it would be extremely unprofessional for me to post it. (Many people did leave very nice tips and the dealers are very appreciative.)

Sorry I was a little late responding, but I spent most of Tuesday traveling to the States and finally got a good night's sleep.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

The only reason that I included those tips amounts for the dealers was so that all of the prize pool was accounted for in the breakdown of the prize payouts. Those amounts were decided when the deals were done.

I was never trying to point out that people did not leave appropriate or generous tips. Many, if not most, people left individual tips when they were knocked out. But I don't believe that information is anyone's business and it would be extremely unprofessional for me to post it. (Many people did leave very nice tips and the dealers are very appreciative.)

Sorry I was a little late responding, but I spent most of Tuesday traveling to the States and finally got a good night's sleep.:D

Sorted, now go enjoy your holiday :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

I have never or would never feel obliged or made to feel guilted into leaving tips, i will tip where i feel a tip is approporiate, restaurant/poker game/getting a haircut be whatever it maybe.

I am finicky when it comes to dealers, very picky and particular, did the dealers do a great job over the coarse of the tournament for me, without a doubt they did, the dealers keep the game flowiing nicely and were in total control, one example, on the second day we are getting down to the final table player 1 raises and player 2 is deliberating over if he should call or not, says something along the lines of "i have that hand from last night" and the dealer steps in and says "im sorry but you cant be making suggestions like that in the middle of hand" i have seen this many a time when a dealer just lets something like that go, excellent awareness from the dealer. I just cant say enough good things about them.

Each to their own and all that.....

So when are these going to the hendon mob so i can finally get a profile :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

I have never or would never feel obliged or made to feel guilted into leaving tips, i will tip where i feel a tip is approporiate, restaurant/poker game/getting a haircut be whatever it maybe.

I am finicky when it comes to dealers, very picky and particular, did the dealers do a great job over the coarse of the tournament for me, without a doubt they did, the dealers keep the game flowiing nicely and were in total control, one example, on the second day we are getting down to the final table player 1 raises and player 2 is deliberating over if he should call or not, says something along the lines of "i have that hand from last night" and the dealer steps in and says "im sorry but you cant be making suggestions like that in the middle of hand" i have seen this many a time when a dealer just lets something like that go, excellent awareness from the dealer. I just cant say enough good things about them.

Each to their own and all that.....

so you didn't tip them then??
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭lillou

As a dealer it was a great event to work at. It was a really well run event and everyone was in great form at the tables.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭kennyrsb

lillou wrote: »
    As a dealer it was a great event to work at. It was a really well run event and everyone was in great form at the tables.

+1

lillou wrote: »

Who's this?

kennyrsb wrote: »
    +1

Did you work at the weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Poker.inthe.Pub

Well done to Mick Nolan for taking down the main event from all the lads in the Manor Inn and from Damo Kevin and Ger '' POKER IN THE PUB''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Poker.inthe.Pub

Any photos JP ?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭The Poker Room

You can see pictures from J.P masters at http://www.internationalpokerpics.com

Some great pics. Great Job Tommy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭The Poker Room

If anyone wishes their image to be removed from the Poker Pics web-site please use the contact page on the web-site and it will be removed forth-with.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Photos look good.

Advertisement