Local Politician Does His Bit For The Disabled.. - Page 3 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

08-05-2009, 14:57   #31
Andrew McG
Banned

Hi,
I decided to join Boards.ie so I could respond to this post. I see that there are other local election candidates commenting on the post also.

The van is obviously owned by a supporter of mine who volunteered to carry my election details. He tells me that he used the space to drop his elderly grandmother off.

I have contacted him and told him that he was wrong to use that space and I have advised other volunteers to act responsibly.

Andrew McGuinness
Advertisement
08-05-2009, 15:00   #32
Sully

Send a message via MSN to Sully Send a message via Skype™ to Sully
While your at it, tell him to learn how to park

Thanks for clarifying and welcome to the forun. Hope to see you debating away!
08-05-2009, 15:41   #33
Cabaal
Cat Herding Mod

I'll give credit where's its due for Andrew registering on boards and posting, it was a nice simple way of clarifying the matter for everyone reading this thread.

Hope to see him give his 2c's on different issues that pop-up in Kilkenny in future that are discussed on this forum...after all isn't that what every politician should do?
08-05-2009, 16:46   #34
TheElf

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Red_Army View Post
Did you take this picture D_Red_Army? If you did you've made it into the national press!

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/c...r-1732974.html

I'd demand a by line,and payment for the use of your picture.
Thanks from:
08-05-2009, 21:40   #35
ChristIsMurph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew McG View Post
Hi,
I decided to join Boards.ie so I could respond to this post. I see that there are other local election candidates commenting on the post also.

The van is obviously owned by a supporter of mine who volunteered to carry my election details. He tells me that he used the space to drop his elderly grandmother off.

I have contacted him and told him that he was wrong to use that space and I have advised other volunteers to act responsibly.

Andrew McGuinness
Andrew,

Why did you mention on the Herald that it was the drivers disabled mother (who you and I both know is not disabled at all), then mention here it was his elderly grandmother, whom I also know and is a perfectly capable woman.
Advertisement
08-05-2009, 22:28   #36
Benny Cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElf View Post
Did you take this picture D_Red_Army? If you did you've made it into the national press!

http://www.herald.ie/national-news/c...r-1732974.html

I'd demand a by line,and payment for the use of your picture.
I never thought it would make it that far!!! Might send the Herald my address so they can post the check.....
08-05-2009, 22:33   #37
Benny Cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristIsMurph View Post
Andrew,

Why did you mention on the Herald that it was the drivers disabled mother (who you and I both know is not disabled at all), then mention here it was his elderly grandmother, whom I also know and is a perfectly capable woman.
I took the pic and I clearly saw the driver of the van arrive at the parking spot unaccompanied, there was no elderly grandmother to be seen, and he also left on his own. I would not have been so irresponsible as to post the pic if i had seen an elderly lady get out of the van. The driver was being lazy, simple as that.......
08-05-2009, 22:36   #38
Mental Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolute Zero View Post
haha great find man, these people are like a plague in kilkenny.
Happens all over the country, mate.
08-05-2009, 22:36   #39
ChristIsMurph

Quote:
I took the pic and I clearly saw the driver of the van arrive at the parking spot unaccompanied, there was no elderly grandmother to be seen, and he also left on his own. I would not have been so irresponsible as to post the pic if i had seen an elderly lady get out of the van. The driver was being lazy, simple as that.......
Because there was no elderly grandmother or disabled mother. Plain and simple. That driver had no right to park in that spot. Andrew has a lot of explaining to do realistically. Is this person still on his campaign team?
Advertisement
08-05-2009, 22:56   #40
Cabaal
Cat Herding Mod

Quote:
- So nobody was disabled in the van
- He parked it arse ways
- "Appears" to have a disabled sign in the front windscreen?
- Just being plain lazy then?

Am I right?
08-05-2009, 23:05   #41
Raze_them_all
Closed Account

nope isn a disabled sign in the front windscreen, tis the tax disc and a magazine. Gotta love photoshop and zoom ha ha
08-05-2009, 23:13   #42
Andrew McG
Banned

Sully and Cabaal thanks for the response and I will do my best to keep an eye on the forum and take part in the discussions. I have been reading a few threads here and it seems to be a good way to keep informed.

Christ is Murph, if I am correct you are Darren Murphy, another local election candidate. Firstly, good luck in the election, we will all have a long slog for the next four weeks.

Secondly, I first found out about that van parking in a disabled bay when a friend told me to check this forum. It was here I read that the van owners relative was in a wheelchair. Then the Herald phoned me and and I told them exactly what I read here. After speaking with the owner of the van, whom you also know, he informed me that it was his elderly grandmother that he was taking to the shop. I was not there and I can only go by what I have been told in good faith. Like I said, I asked him to park responsibly in future. I think thats an understandable explanation Darren
08-05-2009, 23:25   #43
Raze_them_all
Closed Account

Quote:
Sully and Cabaal thanks for the response and I will do my best to keep an eye on the forum and take part in the discussions. I have been reading a few threads here and it seems to be a good way to keep informed.

Christ is Murph, if I am correct you are Darren Murphy, another local election candidate. Firstly, good luck in the election, we will all have a long slog for the next four weeks.

Secondly, I first found out about that van parking in a disabled bay when a friend told me to check this forum. It was here I read that the van owners relative was in a wheelchair. Then the Herald phoned me and and I told them exactly what I read here. After speaking with the owner of the van, whom you also know, he informed me that it was his elderly grandmother that he was taking to the shop. I was not there and I can only go by what I have been told in good faith. Like I said, I asked him to park responsibly in future. I think thats an understandable explanation Darren
If thats what you were told we'll have to take your word for it, The fact still remains there's no disabled sign in the window(I know what they look like as my grandfather has one) So it would appear to me that your friend is bulling you andrew, which begs the question is that the kind of guy you want campeigning for you??

(Oh by the way the only reason I'm even commenting on this thread is cos I hate when people use disabled spaces when their not since my grandfather is I have no problems with Andrew in real life!)
08-05-2009, 23:38   #44
Andrew McG
Banned

I agree with you. I hate when people abuse disabled bays so I would be extremely annoyed if a van bearing my name abused a disabled bay. Like I said I can only go on what I have been told as I was not there myself and I have advised anyone with my election stickers on their cars or vans to park responsibly. By the way, I appreciate your concerns and I do take them on board.
08-05-2009, 23:39   #45
ChristIsMurph

Quote:

Well i suggest you go back to him and ask him again. The person who took the photo stated here that he clearly saw him get out of the van on his own and drive off on his own. I'm not telling you how to run your campaign it's your own thing, but this carry on can not happen. Plus you know the mother of the driver, you know she is not in a wheelchair, so no matter what is said on this forum you should still know yourself the situation.

Andrew I wish you the best of luck yourself, now is not exactly an ideal time for any Fianna Fáil candidate (entirely to blame on the part of your party)
Thread Closed