Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBQ ideas needed

Options
  • 01-05-2009 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

OK guys im not a vegetarian but im looking for some food idea for a Barbeque that do not involve meat.

Any ideas what i can do, (apart from plonk a carrot on the BBQ of course)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Hogzy wrote: »
    OK guys im not a vegetarian but im looking for some food idea for a Barbeque that do not involve meat.

Any ideas what i can do, (apart from plonk a carrot on the BBQ of course)

Corn on the Cob
    Veggie suasages (health food shop)
    Veggie burgers (same shop as above or Dunnes/Tesco)
    Haloumi Cheese with a sweet chilli sauce - amazing!
    Mushrooms

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

You can get plain Quorn fillets, might me nice BBQ'd. For burgers I'd say the Linda McCartney 1/4 pounders would be best.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Make some vegetable kebabs with red peppers, aubergine, mushroom and onion, drizzle with oil and BBQ.

Throw on some unpeeled bananas to go with vanilla ice cream for dessert :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah loads of that fake meat stuff. Vegetable skewers, bananas, potatoes, nom nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Don't mind Tar; potatoes don't do well on a BBQ! Cook them seperate in the oven to go with the food, or boil them and make the ususal potato salad.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭-lala-

Make some vegetable kebabs with red peppers, aubergine, mushroom and onion, drizzle with oil and BBQ.

This.

Courgettes and green peppers are also very nice on kebabs, and you could try using a few different varieties of mushrooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Gonna be doing skewers with red/green/yellow peppers, onions, mushrooms and baby sweet corn. Gonna be marinade in a olive oil, red wine, coriander and garlic concoction that i just found on the net!

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭MoonDancer

Baby potatoes boiled in the skin & fully cooked, then oil them & throw them on the BBQ for a few mins, they taste amazing!!
    Add pineapple chunks to the veggie kebabs too, yum, yum!!
    ooh I'm getting hungry now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

haloumi marinaded in lime juice, olive oil, mint and maybe some chilli is great and can be threaded onto a kebab with the veggies or some smoked tofu can be used the same way.

denis cotter's paradiso seasons has some great bbq recipes in it including i think some aubergine stacks.....mmmm must check it out at home tonight.

this woman has a great vegan recipe site though some of the ingredients are tricky to get over here, here's a bbq aubergine recipe

http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2007/08/grilled-baby-eggplants-with-korean.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Thoushaltnot

Sweet potatoes apparently work well...

Funny, this came up in conversation last night.

Advertisement