Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

29-stone mum feeds her eight-month-old triplets McDonald's

Options
  • 28-04-2009 10:45pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A 29-STONE mum who feeds her eight-month old triplets with McDonald's has insisted she is bringing the tots up in the “best way she can".

Leanne Salt, 24, said she is “too busy” to properly feed daughters Deanna and Daisy and son Finlee.

So she lets them eat her takeaways and gives them Wotsits snacks and microwave meals.

Leanne today defended giving her kids junk food on Sun Talk – which broadcasts every day on thesun.co.uk — when quizzed by DJ Jon Gaunt.

She said: “I’m trying to bring up my children the best way I can and the best way I know. My children are happy.”

Sun columnist Jon branded the fast food diet as “child abuse”.

But Leanne insisted: “My children are healthy weights for their ages.”

You can listen again to Jon Gaunt's interview with Leanne on Sun Talk by clicking HERE.

A 68-strong team of medics delivered Leanne’s triplets last year, costing the NHS £200,000.

She now dresses them just one day a week when she goes out to collect her dole money.

The tots eat 1,249 calories a day instead of the 765 recommended for their 17lb weight.

Leanne, who swelled to 40 STONE before the birth last August, eats an average of 3,000 a day — 1,000 more than is recommended for a woman.

She said: “My babies were six months old when they had their first McDonald’s. They like fish and chips too. I chew the food first so they can eat it because they haven’t got any teeth yet. I give them packets of Wotsits as a snack at 2pm.

“Sometimes I’ll cook them a microwave lasagne. Babies are always hungry — sometimes it’s easier to give them food that’s already prepared.
    Taste

“They’re on the baby food jars and love the fish pie and cottage pie meals. But I see no harm in letting them have a few bits of my takeaways too.

“They like the taste of them and it’s a treat. I let the triplets eat fries off my plate as I think it’s best they try all kinds of food to see what they like.”

She added: “Anyway they don’t always have junk food — sometimes I cook a microwave meal. My babies are healthy.” Leanne, of Coventry, blames her obesity on thyroid trouble.

She got pregnant by her boyfriend of only four weeks in January last year. They split halfway through her pregnancy, and Leanne now lives with her brother and mum Jane, 46.

Their tiny house is strewn with laundry piles and toys.

Leanne receives £140 a week tax credit, £42 a week child benefit and £45 family allowance. She spends the £227 on food and ten cigarettes a day.

Her takeaways confession comes as figures show a shocking one in five children are raised on little but junk food.

The Infant and Toddler Forum poll also discovered that 65 per cent of mums NEVER cook meals from scratch.

Leanne said she also feeds her kids milk, scrambled eggs on toast and instant mashed potato with spaghetti hoops.

She told Closer magazine: “I feed my babies vegetables every Sunday, and a lot of the baby food has fruit in it.”

Leanne steers away from healthy foods in case it makes her tots anorexic. She said: “I don’t want them to think they have to watch what they eat. I’ll tell them big is beautiful.”

Mum Jane said: “I buy salad, but nobody eats it. They’d rather have sugary foods.”

The Sun’s Doctor Carol Cooper warned of the dangers of feeding kids junk food.

She said: “A balanced diet is important as it gives children the best possible start in life.

“A poor diet in the short term can cause bowel problems such as constipation.

“In the long run it may mean bone disease, obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease and maybe kidney failure.”

THE average 40-year-old British woman has a “fat age” of 66 — after eating a level of fat that should have taken her 66 years, shock figures reveal.

Jesus. From here: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2399352.ece

Words really fail me.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Disgrace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Wow,I was shocked when I found out she wasn't american.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

She sounds like she could be an excellent substitute for our current Minister for health........

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

How did it manage to get pregnant in the first place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Absolutely disgraceful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

kbannon wrote: »

Some lad fell into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

A happy meal has probably lost all meaning for those kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

I suppose she's too busy being fat. That's a task in itself....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

That is disgusting. Isn't it funny that all you need to qualify as a parent is functioning reproductive organs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Those poor children...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Leanne steers away from healthy foods in case it makes her tots anorexic.

AIEEEE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Some people just shouldn't be allowed to have children. I feel sorry for those kids, the amount of problems they are going to have in just a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Turkey baster?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Leanne steers away from healthy foods in case it makes her tots anorexic

Her actual words were “I don’t want them to think they have to watch what they eat. I’ll tell them big is beautiful.”

Sounds like some classy journalist put words into her mouth and she ate them.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Words fail me... seriously. Her kids should be taken from her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

That level of disregard for her childrens future health is laziness morphing into child abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Melange

Faith wrote: »
    Leanne Salt, 24, said she is “too busy” to properly feed daughters Deanna and Daisy and son Finlee.

Busy? On the Dole? WTF?

The welfare state exists for a very important reason, but I do resent the idea that taxpayers' money is frittered away on supporting people like this in their slothful and useless existence.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Melange

javaboy wrote: »
    Sounds like some classy journalist put words into her mouth and she ate them.

Along with a few pies by the look of it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭lynsalot

Its a disgrace that she can't be bothered to cook proper meals for her kids. I think it's terrible that ppl are sinking so low as to slag her off because she's obese. I'm not condoning her behavious at all she shouldn't be allowed those kids. I struggle with my weight but I eat well and I'm nowhere near 29 stone. It's just plain disregard for her children's health and in a way it's negligence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭lgoring21

'picking my chin up from the ground' :eek:

so many questions to ask that woman...:confused:

shes too busy to cook?? shes got no job!! dresses them once a week?? thats surely child negelect!

give that woman a slap hysterectomy and bit of common sense..

:mad:

people like that make me so mad they give us young single mothers a bad image...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Her last name is SALT!!!!
    Thats disgusting. Its child abuse. Those kids should be taken off her and she should be whipped to within an inch of her fat miserable life.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Fluffybums

Too busy to cook, unemployed. Only changes their clothes once a week when she goes to collect the dole.
    The sad thing is that those poor kids will end up obese, uneducated (poor diet has been shown to adversely affect academic performance in a number of studies), diabetic (type 2) and unemployed and blame everyone but themselves and their mother.
    And this is not child abuse!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Rolled her in flour and aimed for the wet spot?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

She says she buys salads buy nobody eats it, why the hell would they when they know if they refuse, another McDonald’s plate of crap will be given instead.

Forget about their healthy weight, it would be their little hearts I would be worried about.

It's fecking laziness, that's all.

It is as cheap to buy in veg puree it and place it in bulk in the freezer to last for the week.
    Poor kids.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

How come you need a licence for a dog or a tv, yet not a child?

Mind boggles.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Oh god if LL Cool J saw this, he'd be livid.

Anyway I can't see how the mother thinks she's justified in feeding them because she thinks she's doing it the best way she can. She's potentially raising her kids to become overweight as well. What's worse is that one of those kids if not both could potentially get diabities. I wonder how the mother is going to deal with that considering that she dosen't look fit enough to take care of herself, no pun intended

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Damn, she must of gotten paid something good(Probably crap money) by whatever newspaper interviewed her knowing what the reactions will be, it just sounds like the perfect story to get a reaction from as many people as possible especially with the recession.

Still there has to be some truth in it and tbh, those kids HAVE to be taken away from her, big is not beautiful ffs, her kids will be fat and will hate their mother for the rest of their lives for feeding them this crap every day.

just think of all the food she had to eat in her 24 years to become 29 stone thats mind bogglin enough as it is without thinkin how on earth she got pregnant...he must have been massive:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

• Advertisement

Damn, she must of gotten paid something good(Probably crap money)

maybe a piece of chicken??

Advertisement