Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great mid-range restaurants

Options
  • 24-04-2009 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭

Got the idea from a few threads here. People are talking about a lack of mid-range places. I think a few decent ones have popped up lately and I think they really started with Cafe Bar Deli (still an old reliable).

So some of my favourite places to go for a bite within a budget:
    Green 19
    L'Gueuleton
    Market Bar
    Cafe Bar Deli
    Odessa
    Jo Burger

OH! And I've heard that Oliver's eatery in Terenure is worth a visit.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

olaola wrote: »
    Got the idea from a few threads here. People are talking about a lack of mid-range places. I think a few decent ones have popped up lately and I think they really started with Cafe Bar Deli (still an old reliable).

So some of my favourite places to go for a bite within a budget:
    Green 19
    L'Gueuleton
    Market Bar
    Cafe Bar Deli
    Odessa
    Jo Burger

OH! And I've heard that Oliver's eatery in Terenure is worth a visit.
    Cafe Bar Deli has gone to the dogs lately. Went there quite a few times when it opened first and really liked it but the last 3 times (twice in town & once in Ranelagh) I went there the food was terrible. I wasn't my choice the last time but friends wanted to go.

Was in the Market Bar recently and really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

I was in cafe bar deli around 6 months ago and the food was awful, my gf went after one month and the food was still awful so we never tried.

Market Bar was great 3 years ago, I went there some months ago and, again, the food was really awful, even worse than cafe bar deli, I don't know if things changed now.

I've heard of this Green 19 and I'm tempted, it's not so expensive (probably it shouldn't even classified as mid-range restaurant), probably I will go there in the coming weeks.

I've heard of L'Gueuleton but I've never been there and I don't know about the other two restaurants.

I'd like to share with you a great experience I had in the Venu brasserie, which is that place in st anne's lane (off Grafton st) owned by the son of Guilbauld (sorry for the mispelling), the food was really great and it was cooked really well, I had the venu salad as starter and the pork belly as main course, I don't remember the dessert but it was also great; I also liked the wine list, the bill, with a bottle of wine, can be around 50 per person, I think it's one of the best value for money you can get in Dublin.

As mid range resturant I'd also like to add Yamamori, which has always been consistent, now they have tried to refresh the menu and there are some new dishes, some are good, some are not the best (especially the california roll).

During these times you should also have a look at L'Ecrivain which is offering great cuisine at good prices with some fixed-price meny (50/65 eu pp w/out wine), it's a michelin star resturant and in these days it is a great value for money.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Jo Burger

Their lamb burger with cheese is one of the nicest things I've ever eaten! Absolutely delicious, coupled with the sweet potato chips and a nice beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

I like Talbot 101 a lot for a mid-range meal, they tend to have a lovely menu that changes regularly. There on Friday for an early bird (€21 incl tea/coffee) and had a gorgeous meal. Spinach, courgette lentil and ardrahan cheese lasagne was really nice (although 'spinach' was pretty much definitely cabbage!) but my starter really stood out for me. Rare roast beef on a bed of celeriac with a horseradish/wholegrain mustard dressing, lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I like Talbot 101

Oh yeah - forgot about this place. The early bird is great value. I've always enjoyed it too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 hungrylad

We have found restaurant Ten Fourteen in clontarf to be great, and all of the profits go to charity, casa i think. We've been maybe ten times in few months.

In town, as above, l'gueleton is great, love gruel ( gone down a touch recently i think though), had lunch in the pigs ear last week, was good, but restaurant was empty at peak time.

Im dying to get to green nineteen to see whats all the fuss about, have not heard one bad thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭otwb

Oh yeah - forgot about this place. The early bird is great value. I've always enjoyed it too.

+1 - never had a bad meal there

Advertisement